01-05-2016 04:35 PM
2,975 ... 9293949596 ...
tools
    Anyone know if any new nightlies r coming

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    Not until jb. CM9 is baked. The next ics build will be a multi rom, and there might be a couple more fixes in it.
    08-22-2012 09:47 AM
    Not until jb. CM9 is baked. The next ics build will be a multi rom, and there might be a couple more fixes in it.
    Since you brought it up, are you paying any attention to the Jellybean work that BobZhome is doing? Looks like he has something somewhat stable at this point. Maybe there are some fixes that would be useful to bring over to the ICS Quattrimus roms?
    08-22-2012 10:58 AM
    So you are working on jb?
    Just asking
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-22-2012 11:16 AM
    forgive my noobishness I'm trying to learn, what is multi rom exactly

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-22-2012 02:20 PM
    No screenshots, sorry. Unplugged my phone at about half past noon on Sunday, left it on and unplugged until about quarter to two this afternoon. I have no reliable battery monitor app.

Sent from my Quattrimized Abacus.
    Do you have an extended battery?

I see no way to survive 2 says using 3G on ICS. ICS battery life is worse than GB. Especially with these deep sleep issues

08-22-2012 02:33 PM
    Do you have an extended battery?

I see no way to survive 2 says using 3G on ICS. ICS battery life is worse than GB. Especially with these deep sleep issues
    No, no extended battery; and I've typically had slightly better better life with ICS than with GB. But, I will concede that I may not use my phone every minute of the day andgasp!leave it in my pocket, unused for minutes at a time!

Er, tongue out of cheek now, someone else noted that how much it's used matters, and since I haven't (yet) installed games or an ebook reader, my battery draw is probably a bit lower than that of a typical user.

08-22-2012 02:49 PM
    I could see 48 hours with no charge with like 0 usage of the phone maybe.
    I assure you, I used my phone, even rather often, but as noted in my previous post, I am currently limiting what I install on my phone; and that is, I part, an attempt to bolster my battery life.

08-22-2012 02:52 PM
    Hi guys, I have a persistent issue with cm9 (quattrimus, bobzhome, CAI). I've tried them all and the same issue comes to the surface. Every time I leave my phone unattended for a while (off the charger of course) it will enter a comatose state ( black screen, and no buttons responding ( power key, volume rocker, camera, the one next to the camera, menu, home, back and search)) and the only way to get it going again is to pull the battery out and back in.

Does somebody else struggles with the same issue? And.if you are not sure, try leaving your phone on overnight without the charger plugged in. Also silent mode, set an alarm, wifi and BT off.

I would really appreciate feedback on this because its the only thing making me go back to cm7

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    I see this every once in a while. When it happens I Just push the power button one more time and leave it alone.

It either wakes up after a moment, or soft resets.

08-22-2012 06:16 PM
    Since you brought it up, are you paying any attention to the Jellybean work that BobZhome is doing? Looks like he has something somewhat stable at this point. Maybe there are some fixes that would be useful to bring over to the ICS Quattrimus roms?
    Yes, I am aware of it.
    08-22-2012 07:09 PM
    forgive my noobishness I'm trying to learn, what is multi rom exactly

One ROM file that can install to multiple devices.
    Rayz321, sellers86 and kenharkey7 like this.
    08-22-2012 07:10 PM
    I see this every once in a while. When it happens I Just push the power button one more time and leave it alone.

It either wakes up after a moment, or soft resets.

I can verify this behavior. Mine does it periodically, like a couple of times a week. I don't worry about it too much, if it always worked right it wouldn't be nearly as much fun to tinker with!

sent from the hip.
    08-22-2012 11:07 PM
    Pull from another rom , place in /system folder and change permission to rw,r,r
    Reboot

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    i have done this but dsp doesnt do anything when i turn ob bass boost or equalizer

08-23-2012 02:06 AM
    Cool.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    08-23-2012 02:31 AM
    Has anyone else been able to reproduce his mileage? 48 hours is quite a feat.
    I probably could, but my phone is always on flight mode while I'm at school, the radios kill my battery. By the end of the day tho I usually have 60% left. I could try it this weeknd.

Sent from my hot ice cream sandwich
    08-23-2012 06:05 AM
    I'm sure I can reproduce it if the battery time wasn't wrong. CNA could reproduce it without trying. Lol.

08-23-2012 07:32 AM
    Hi guys, I have a persistent issue with cm9 (quattrimus, bobzhome, CAI). I've tried them all and the same issue comes to the surface. Every time I leave my phone unattended for a while (off the charger of course) it will enter a comatose state ( black screen, and no buttons responding ( power key, volume rocker, camera, the one next to the camera, menu, home, back and search)) and the only way to get it going again is to pull the battery out and back in.

Does somebody else struggles with the same issue? And.if you are not sure, try leaving your phone on overnight without the charger plugged in. Also silent mode, set an alarm, wifi and BT off.

I would really appreciate feedback on this because its the only thing making me go back to cm7

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    I used to have the same issue. Reflash fixed it. However, I was using beta2 when I had the issue, now I'm on a nightly. You could try that; I haven't had the issue anymore.

08-23-2012 11:04 AM
    I have 258MB of app storage on internal memory. Thing is, that the apps are all actually on sd-ext (I've checked multiple times, and this is correct) and mounted to /data/app. Is it possible that the system is reporting /data/app usage as internal usage, even though it's on an external sd-ext? How would this be fixed? I've "hit" the memory cap, even though I'm using sd-ext.
    08-23-2012 11:17 AM
    Hey guys I'm extremely new to this, what's the difference between aokp and cm9 and nightly?
    08-24-2012 12:58 AM
    The first two are customized versions of Android 4.0

aokp About

cm9 CyanogenMod 9 – Stable | CyanogenMod

"Nightly" is a general term referring to an interim version of software which is undergoing active development -- revised, slightly different versions may be released as often as every day (or night, hence "nightly").
    tdm likes this.
    08-24-2012 02:32 AM
    I followed the Cold As Ice and Quattrimus threads for a long time, but then got busy and stopped. Would somebody please fill me in and save me from reading 50 more pages of posts? It seems that the same key bugs (showstoppers for me) have remained for a long time with little progress. Is the progress stalled due to lack of drivers (or driver wrappers)? If so, is anybody actively working on that? Or are these bugs likely to remain unresolved?
    08-24-2012 12:31 PM
    ...It seems that the same key bugs (showstoppers for me)...
    Since only you know what are showstoppers for you, would you mind being more specific?

08-24-2012 02:13 PM
    I'm guessing he's talking about the lack of the driver support that would allow hq video, deep sleep bug, clock lag, and maybe random reboots?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.3 on LS670ZVJ Baseband
    louis.freund likes this.
    08-24-2012 02:39 PM
    FYI, I'm going on a little vacation to the beach with the kids next week, so I'll probably be mostly offline. Might get a chance to check posts here and there, depending.
    08-24-2012 06:15 PM
    Enjoy!

sent from the hip.
    tdm likes this.
    08-24-2012 08:19 PM
    Look out for sharks.
    08-24-2012 08:46 PM
2,975 ... 9293949596 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD