[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered that AOKP doesn't have Apollo (or any other music player) by default, and Apollo isn't available in Market. Any suggestions for a music player that works, well, about like the default Android music player (i.e., Apollo)? Or how to acquire Apollo?

Last I checked, most of the fully-featured players (e.g., Winamp et al) are overloaded with extra junk I won't need (including but not limited to ads, annoying trial periods, or crippleware), and DeadBeef is as bad on Android as it is my laptop (nonstandard commands and impractical issues with playlists).

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered that AOKP doesn't have Apollo (or any other music player) by default, and Apollo isn't available in Market. Any suggestions for a music player that works, well, about like the default Android music player (i.e., Apollo)? Or how to acquire Apollo?

I'll look into adding one tomorrow.

Reactions: dzdzjb

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey tdm
Do you think when posting to goo.im you could put Cm9 and aokp in separate folders? (Ex. /devs/tdm/
Quattrimus/Ls670/CM9/build.zip)

I'm just afraid that I'm going to rush and tap the wrong one.
Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If anyone wants a resized boot animation for AOKP, here you go. I didn't do any work to make it look "pretty" (you can definitely tell it's been scaled down), but it's proportionate and I personally find it much nicer to look at then before.

33ymbuw.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72059024/bootanimation.zip

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
can anyone give me a step by step on how to setup sd-ext with this rom? i tried creating an sd-ext from cannibal recovery, but how do i know if it worked?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If you created your partition using Cannibal (or any other recovery), you're good to go. It's working automagically in the background. :)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't help you there. I actually have yet to find an easy way to check it myself. But if your recovery stated it created the partition or didn't throw up any errors, you are good.

I think the point of having it integrated in this way is to take the work out of having an sd-ext partition.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: inceyet

cpresley1993

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Great rom tdm! One question ....I am using cm9 and I notice on the home screens when I press the menu button, static Google search and gray border above the dock icons turn white. Then when I press menu again..they turn gray again. Why is that? It did this on kravens alpha 11 as well. It didn't do this when ics roms were based on 4.0.3

Reactions: tdm

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow great work tdm and thekeaven and everyone else who made this possible! can anyone confirm that the native hotspot is working in the beta? Jw thanks :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm
Do you think when posting to goo.im you could put Cm9 and aokp in separate folders? (Ex. /devs/tdm/
Quattrimus/Ls670/CM9/build.zip)

I'm just afraid that I'm going to rush and tap the wrong one.
Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Maybe... But can't you just zoom in more to make the links bigger?

Reactions: topdawg661

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
can anyone give me a step by step on how to setup sd-ext with this rom? i tried creating an sd-ext from cannibal recovery, but how do i know if it worked?

After creating it, wipe data and cache to ensure it is fully used and all old files are gone.

Check it's being used by either looking at the first couple pages of logcat output at boot, or use a shell (adb or terminal emulator) and run mount. You should see both /data/app and /data/dalvik-cache mounted on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Great rom tdm! One question ....I am using cm9 and I notice on the home screens when I press the menu button, static Google search and gray border above the dock icons turn white. Then when I press menu again..they turn gray again. Why is that? It did this on kravens alpha 11 as well. It didn't do this when ics roms were based on 4.0.3

Don't know, sorry.

ItsMoo

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I noticed in the notification drop down, the slider for brightness moves in predetermined increments; it sort of snaps into place, but not exactly where you leave it. just fyi.

awesome ROM in all other aspects! :beer:

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS Optimus V

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
@tdm Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. I switched over from IHO Backside CM7 and must say that I'm loving my phone again! I've had a few issues with BT disconnect causing reboots and invalid package files from the market but I've managed to deal with both 'issues'. I'm sure these will all get worked out eventually.

I'm thinking of trying out AOKP. Can I wipe both caches and flash on top of Quattrimus CM9 or do I need to do a full wipe for the install?

Would also like to know how to turn off the shutter sound on the camera.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
@tdm Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. I switched over from IHO Backside CM7 and must say that I'm loving my phone again! I've had a few issues with BT disconnect causing reboots and invalid package files from the market but I've managed to deal with both 'issues'. I'm sure these will all get worked out eventually.

I'm thinking of trying out AOKP. Can I wipe both caches and flash on top of Quattrimus CM9 or do I need to do a full wipe for the install?

Would also like to know how to turn off the shutter sound on the camera.

To be safe as always, any time you switch roms its good to wipe everything. Who knows how many conflicting items and issues you could have.
Camera is under sounds menu on both roms.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
If anyone wants a resized boot animation for AOKP, here you go. I didn't do any work to make it look "pretty" (you can definitely tell it's been scaled down), but it's proportionate and I personally find it much nicer to look at then before.

Click to view quoted image

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72059024/bootanimation.zip

Lol I was going to do that yesterday but fell asleep holding my phone after work.
Its weird the images were square? The p500 doesn't have a square screen, so why were they sized like that in the first place? I vaguely remember this used to fit our screens fine a while back. Someone must have synchronized it up with a wrong build a few months ago an its never gotten fixed.
Either way, thanks cole...

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering about the deep sleep feature on this rom. Will it be kept off as it seems to help greatly when tethering it. All that has happened on other roms is that it just kept going into a deep sleep mode and the phone wouldn't respond like it was off. And I always had to take the battery out and put it back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21