[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Camera is under sounds menu on both roms.

Just checked again and I do not see any Camera related options in the Sound menu of CM9 nightly 7-02

The phone tried to update a handful of apps and they all came back as invalid packages. Any idea on what I can do to fix this? I was able to get mxplayer to install after getting invalid package by trying it over and over again. Really curious why it works sometimes and not others.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered that AOKP doesn't have Apollo (or any other music player) by default, and Apollo isn't available in Market. Any suggestions for a music player that works, well, about like the default Android music player (i.e., Apollo)? Or how to acquire Apollo?

Last I checked, most of the fully-featured players (e.g., Winamp et al) are overloaded with extra junk I won't need (including but not limited to ads, annoying trial periods, or crippleware), and DeadBeef is as bad on Android as it is my laptop (nonstandard commands and impractical issues with playlists).

I downloaded an official AOKP build (for the p990) and, as strange as it may seem, it appears they don't include a music player. I found the commit in github that removed it, so it was intentional. Also found this thread which verifies that this is intentional.

I could build one, but space is tight already (I had to remove SwagPapers to make room for gapps, which made me sad -- it ruins part of the AOKP experience). Better to install your own preferred player so that it doesn't eat more space in /system.

ItsMoo

May 4, 2011
Visit site
HUGE lock screen issue; after changing the lockscreen style under ROM settings, I had NO lockscreen for over an hour, even after I wiped cache and reflashed. it just came back after I somehow got passed the blank lock screen by pressing the weather from the notification drop down and switching to one of the other styles...very weird.

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS Optimus V

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded an official AOKP build (for the p990) and, as strange as it may seem, it appears they don't include a music player. I found the commit in github that removed it, so it was intentional. Also found this thread which verifies that this is intentional.

I could build one, but space is tight already (I had to remove SwagPapers to make room for gapps, which made me sad -- it ruins part of the AOKP experience). Better to install your own preferred player so that it doesn't eat more space in /system.

Double Twist is a dope music player that's what I got works great.also tdm I've been getting random reboots and I have a partion set up at 512 ext and 64om on my 16g card any thoughts again great work bruh :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

rwcordell

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting lots of random reboots too.

For now I under-clocked to 480MHz and the freezing has stopped.

Even at that speed It runs smoothly for most things. Thanks for all the hard work!

Reactions: tdm

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Great choice for beta on aokp. It runs great, had no issues other that whats reported and it took a while for 3g to kick in (could be virgin, who knows). Great job tdm!

jobotslash

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey tdm, just wanted to drop by and say thanks for all of the amazing work, Quattrimus for the optimus has come a very VERY far way in less than a few months and that is very amazing. I tried the first release in Alpha and I remember that next to NOTHING worked (which, the fact that ICS even booted on my Optimus was amazing to me. I was still super pleased with it, just unable to use it due to relying on my phone daily.)

The latest release, basically everything works! Only a few hiccups here and there, but the amount of stuff on it that works flawlessly boggles me. I'm very pleased.

I would love to keep up with your released via some sort of RSS feed enabled service. Is that a possibility?

Regardless, thanks again and keep up the amazing work! The Optimus V (and it's brothers and sisters) are great cheap phones, and having so many options for custom loaded ROMs extends the phones life that much more!

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm, just wanted to drop by and say thanks for all of the amazing work, Quattrimus for the optimus has come a very VERY far way in less than a few months and that is very amazing. I tried the first release in Alpha and I remember that next to NOTHING worked (which, the fact that ICS even booted on my Optimus was amazing to me. I was still super pleased with it, just unable to use it due to relying on my phone daily.)

The latest release, basically everything works! Only a few hiccups here and there, but the amount of stuff on it that works flawlessly boggles me. I'm very pleased.

I would love to keep up with your released via some sort of RSS feed enabled service. Is that a possibility?

Regardless, thanks again and keep up the amazing work! The Optimus V (and it's brothers and sisters) are great cheap phones, and having so many options for custom loaded ROMs extends the phones life that much more!

download goomanager from the play store, it SHOULD alert you if there is an update

jobotslash

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
download goomanager from the play store, it SHOULD alert you if there is an update

Hey thanks, I'll check it out.

Oh and I think the only problem I'm really having that is kind of annoying is the system clock not updating. So I'll wake my phone and it shows me a time (usually like 10 minutes before the current time), put it to sleep, and wake it again and it will show me the actual current time.

yolodie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Oh and I think the only problem I'm really having that is kind of annoying is the system clock not updating. So I'll wake my phone and it shows me a time (usually like 10 minutes before the current time), put it to sleep, and wake it again and it will show me the actual current time.

I have noticed this as well....

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

That's a known issue. When the CPU enters deep sleep, it doesn't keep the time. Soon as it comes out of deep sleep it updates.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Seeing some WiFi quirkiness, when I come home from work I have to turn Wi-Fi off and then back on In order to connect.

My home network shows as 'out of range'

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2