[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

sam_soren84

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the CM9 Quattrimus beta, I don't know how to take a screenshot (super noob) I thought at first it was my CPU settings now I'm running 768/245 CONSERVATIVE. I don't if this happens on the AOKP; haven't tested it yet because of reboot issues.

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
There is a bug in AOKP beta 1.
If you hold the power button it opens the screen(where power off, reboot, and airplane mode) twice.

mmkaho

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Love it runs smooth luckily it worked. Tried to rom out my girls precedent with gingerbread and bricked it. Anyways back on topic.. not sure if its me or what but I tend to freeze a good amount of times to the point it reboots after I am in my browser alot

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

anon(438046)

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
can't install youtube on aokp, google play say's "package invalid", also tried with a downloaded apk, and get the same results, "aplication not installed"....some help?...please?:confused:

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I suspect there is a memory leak somewhere causing reboots. If it's in the kernel, I hope the new ics kernel will solve it. I hope to have it running next week.

Not to sound entitled or special or anything... but did my kernel panic help you out to figure this out? O:)

PacifistRiot

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm, thanks for the great work on Quattrimus.

I've installed AOKP b1 on my OV and thought I'd tell you what I've noticed so far. I don't know if all of these have already been reported.

First, the uptime counter (settings>about>status>uptime) is not counting time as it should. If I turn on my screen and look at it and it says 32 minutes and I turn off my screen and do something for like 20 minutes, I'll look at it again and it will say something like uptime is 34 minutes.

Holding the power/lock button on the phone to bring up the power off and reboot menu will open the menu twice. So if you click the back button another menu will be right behind it.

When I first installed aokp on the phone it was like 90% unstable. It would crash and reboot everything I would try to scroll in menus and reboot on pretty much everything. When I got it to work long enough to change some settings I turned off scrolling cache and changed the cpu to 480/600 and it has been relatively stable since that.

The phone still reboots at random times so things nothing I can predict and get a logcat of. But I have noticed that the top menu crashes pretty often..

Lastly, trying to boot into then phone while it is in the powered off charging state is a hit and miss. Most of the time holding the power button in the charging state will turn on the phone but it will go right back to the charging state.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: tdm

LordSocky

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I suspect there is a memory leak somewhere causing reboots. If it's in the kernel, I hope the new ics kernel will solve it. I hope to have it running next week.

The reboots have only happened to me on CM9. It would crash nonstop. I flashed AOKP and it has only frozen once, and that was more my fault. Otherwise, it's been much smoother.

CM9 also gave me the split screen issue, but as others said, toggling the screen once fixes it.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the CM9 Quattrimus beta, I don't know how to take a screenshot (super noob) I thought at first it was my CPU settings now I'm running 768/245 CONSERVATIVE. I don't if this happens on the AOKP; haven't tested it yet because of reboot issues.

How the heck did you root the phone, put a custom recovery on it, properly wipe everything and install a custom rom on it and overclock it without knowing how to take a screenshot? :p haha it's easy as one-two. :) hold the power button. click take screenshot. haha

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had zero reboots on cm9 ever since beta1 pre3. I don't use a lot of applications though, and I overclock at 480 and 768. Also, I do not have an sd ext-partition made yet. (I actually just learned what that actually is, learning how to dual-boot my computer into Ubuntu using a partition :D (btw if anyone can help me with partitioning an hp, you should pm me! All four of the ext's are used up! But I do have some ideas on how to get around that.)

Last edited:

jobotslash

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I scanned through the 7 pages of the thread but couldnt find it
are there fixes for
1. clock lag
2. gmail white page issue
If these were already addressed in the thread can someone please point me to the page?
thnx

Clock lag doesn't look like there's a fix yet.

Gmail white page issue, this is what I did:
-Go into Manage Apps
-Go to the "Running" tab
-Hit "Show Cached Processes" at the bottom
-Find the "Email" app process
-Kill it (click into it and press "Stop")
-Relaunch Email app.

This has worked for me a couple of times, and is a heck of a lot better than rebooting your Optimus.

Oh and before I forget... Mic input does not seem to work when in a call using wired headphones. (MIC3 compatible headphones) Anytime I answer a call with my headphones in the other person cannot hear me and I cannot hear them at all.

tdm: I remember on the old thread for alpha there was a bug tracker, and I know that it could be a nuisance with people reporting the same junk over and over again... but I would assume it would help keep things kinda organized and help with bug reporting, as oppose to you having to read each post and digest it for bug info. Either way, I am so very pleased with this ROM. I love that my older crappy phone can run ICS. It's totally worth a forced reboot every day or so or minor issues here and there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma