[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So yesterday, finally got my phone to not reboot after a bt call. Normally to save battery, I'd hang up turn off my headset, then turn bt off on my phone. That's when it rebooted every time.
But yesterday, I hung up, turned off my headset an left on bt on my phone. It never rebooted. Something must hang after a call. I waited like 4hrs, then just for grins I turned it off. An bam, it still did it.
So, there must be some driver call that doesn't close properly after bt calling is disconnected. And only calling, turning on and off with a2dp doesn't do it.
Just figured I'd say something, rebooting after every call was a bit annoying. So I'm glad I found a work around for now...:D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: tdm

sam_soren84

May 1, 2011
Visit site
How the heck did you root the phone, put a custom recovery on it, properly wipe everything and install a custom rom on it and overclock it without knowing how to take a screenshot? :p haha it's easy as one-two. :) hold the power button. click take screenshot. haha

I knew HOW to take a screenshot, just not didn't know the benefit of it or what it did. Embarrassed to ask I like to figure things out on my own. I like to worry the big things first then sweat the small things

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I knew HOW to take a screenshot, just not didn't know the benefit of it or what it did. Embarrassed to ask I like to figure things out on my own. I like to worry the big things first then sweat the small things

The benefit is if something is on the screen like what settings your running, keyboard too high, things out of the ordinary, you take a screenshot and upload it to let other bright ppl fix it. Lol

Reactions: sam_soren84

ItsMoo

May 4, 2011
Visit site
so im still experiencing issues when downloading anything from the Play store; after installing anything (even a keyboard skin) the system places a shortcut on the homescreen and tries to place a widget as well. ROM or ICS issue? :confused:

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS Optimus V

rwcordell

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I fixed my freezing issues by setting the minimum cpu speed to 480MHz.
I can now run at 600MHz... If I set the minimum back to 245MHz it will freeze within 10 minutes.

Seems strange that doing that fixed it.

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
so im still experiencing issues when downloading anything from the Play store; after installing anything (even a keyboard skin) the system places a shortcut on the homescreen and tries to place a widget as well. ROM or ICS issue? :confused:

In Market settings is "Auto-add widget" enabled? If so, that places a shortcut each time a new app is installed to the home screen. Shouldn't be a ROM or ICS issue.

ItsMoo

May 4, 2011
Visit site
In Market settings is "Auto-add widget" enabled? If so, that places a shortcut each time a new app is installed to the home screen. Shouldn't be a ROM or ICS issue.

i didnt think to look at settings within the Market...:what: thanks buddy.

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Love the ICS ROM. Thank you so much to TDM and all the others for their hard effort. I have been using ICS as my main since beta pre 3 and love it.

Reactions: Badboytoast and tdm

sam_soren84

May 1, 2011
Visit site
The benefit is if something is on the screen like what settings your running, keyboard too high, things out of the ordinary, you take a screenshot and upload it to let other bright ppl fix it. Lol

I get it now. Super Noob just gained +1000exp:)

sam_soren84

May 1, 2011
Visit site

I get it now. Super Noob just gained +1000exp:)

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
So, by downloading the nightly, its actually just a updated build not an actual nightly patch that can be applied to the current build your running, correct? If not, then I'm confused, because they have the same bites :confused:

xaphoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
As some have said on the previous thread, many of the reboot issues can be fixed by setting the minimum CPU frequency to something above its lowest setting (320 works for me, so does 480), and perhaps changing the CPU governor - I use Smartass V2. I had previously been getting reboots every ten minutes, now I haven't had a single one in a week of heavy usage after doing these changes.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So, by downloading the nightly, its actually just a updated build not an actual nightly patch that can be applied to the current build your running, correct? If not, then I'm confused, because they have the same bites :confused:

Yes, as of now nightly builds are full roms. Note that they are zip files.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, as of now nightly builds are full roms. Note that they are zip files.

Has romkeeper been dropped or just put on the back burner for now? I liked the nightly deltas and updated from cm9 bp1 to 3 with it then haven't seen updates

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

mousergoodwin

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, another question about moving files to SD-EXT.

SD card portioned as 2GB ext from the recovery . No problems so far. When I go there in File explorer it’s totally empty right now.

Titanium backup has all my old apps stored in /SDCARD/TitaniumBackup

1. Do I reinstall apps from Titanium Backup first and then move them to SD-EXT?
2. Do I need to try and change the restore location in Titanium first? When I search for the file after I restore it in Titanium I can only find the APK in the Titanium folder. When I go the app in Titanium it says its at "/data/app…file name" but when I go to that location in File explorer it says the directory is empty.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help. I have everything on this ROM working and it’s fantastic but have never had a good handle on how to utilize the SD-EXT partition.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol