[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Having issues with 3g on both my phones running cm9 beta1. Rebooting seems to fix it. Do you think this is a kernal issue. Also when I have that issue my bars are not blue.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Strange issue... 3g had been working good for me long before beta... full wipe and reflash?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
whats the best way to get my voice search BUTTON working again? i tried editing system/usr/keylayout/thunderc.keypad.kl but all it did was bork my home key.

what am i missing here?

ItsMoo

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Running AOKP version...I am running into a lot of "insufficient space" whenever I want to download something...I don't have anything new from when I was on the IHO ROM, and it's a pain in the ass because although I have a smoother running phone with ICS, I can't install any new apps/themes. I can't really delete anything else either, since I use all the apps I currently have installed. :-\ Everything else is great though!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Running AOKP version...I am running into a lot of "insufficient space" whenever I want to download something...I don't have anything new from when I was on the IHO ROM, and it's a pain in the ass because although I have a smoother running phone with ICS, I can't install any new apps/themes. I can't really delete anything else either, since I use all the apps I currently have installed. :-\ Everything else is great though!

You need an ext partition for this ROM. There is not enough internal memory for more than a small handful of apps.

sent from my un-dead sammich

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
@tdm
Why is there a changelog for AOKP 20120707, but no ROM for AOKP 20120707. (All Optimus device trees)

hiya6972

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi all! Running aokp beta, so far so good. Had some random reboots, but that was solved by clocking my minimum to 320. I noticed that a lot of people were having issues with YouTube being severely laggy. Has anyone tried high quality mode? On mine, it ran smoother than low quality. Still not perfect, but at least the vids are watchable lol. Lovin' this rom, tdm, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

needlez667

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
So possible beta2 some time this week? Or is this still beta 1 with just a new kernel replacement?? And will there be possible development for 4.1 (aka jellybean) in the future, or will you just possibly abandon 4.0.4 and when you release RC or final have 4.1 as the final development copy?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So possible beta2 some time this week? Or is this still beta 1 with just a new kernel replacement?? And will there be possible development for 4.1 (aka jellybean) in the future, or will you just possibly abandon 4.0.4 and when you release RC or final have 4.1 as the final development copy?

Yeah a new kernel deserves a new beta. If I can get 4.1 to work, I will probably use it.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Development of a 4.1 ROM will not take place until we have a fully functional 4.0 ROM with little to 0 bugs(unless tdm says otherwise), and even then development for this phone is questionable. We are already pushing past the limits of this phone with a 4.0 ROM. The highest official supported Android OS for this phone is 2.3. We are lucky to have 4.0 on this phone.

And don't ask for possible release dates. AOSP isn't even in beta stage yet, if you want to test pre delta nightly builds, use the goo.im app from the market, and within the app, browse files, goto /dev /tdm /roms /quattrimus /(your phone model) and begin download. The .zip will be downloaded to /sdcard/goomanager.

Last edited:

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Development of a 4.1 ROM will not take place until we have a fully functional 4.0 ROM with little to 0 bugs(unless tdm says otherwise), and even then development for this phone is questionable. We are already pushing past the limits of this phone with a 4.0 ROM. The highest official supported Android OS for this phone is 2.3. We are lucky to have 4.0 on this phone.

And don't ask for possible release dates. AOSP isn't even in beta stage yet, if you want to test pre delta nightly builds, use the goo.im app from the market, and within the app, browse files, goto /dev /tdm /roms /quattrimus /(your phone model) and begin download. The .zip will be downloaded to /sdcard/goomanager.

guys, this is why the people involved in porting ICS to the V are crazy good. I remember when DEVS said" No it wont happen, the phone is too weak" .. etc etc. WOW were they wrong. I still think the DEVS involved are wizards of the phone world lol :p

Now onto a related point. I have ICS (beta) and I got a reboot after a few minutes of use. then it seemed to stabilize a bit. Hope this project goes as long if not longer than CM7 IHO project.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure our little V's will be able to run 4.1, but development shouldn't begin till later or at least smoothly integrate it into current development.
That way, there won't be multiple OS development and user confusion. I'm going to guesstimate that in about 3-4 months from now, 4.1 will be running smoothly on our devices. But don't take my word for granted.(although I predicted ICS development to take place around February, as a hopeful Bday gift lol)

I for one, will hope to see the complete limitations for development for our V's.
I refuse to purchase a new phone until we cannot push any further.(that, and until there's something other than dust in my wallet.)

Reactions: ItsMoo and phenomx4

bennettg

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. In reading this thread, I see that chrome will never be supported on the ov even with ice because it uses armv6. Can someone suggest an alternative browser? The stock is slow and dolphin also slow and bloated. I've tried opera, but it also seems bloated. Is there something lightweight that the devs use?

2. I've read about a new wifi module that would solve the tethering issue but also discussion about a new kernel. Are they the same or different? If the new kernel addresses the wifi tethering, is it available from a nightly build?

Thanks for all the good work.

Reactions: jto101680

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@bennet--- operamini is only 858kb... stock browser is 908kb... operamini is the quickest (imo)... ive tred operamobile, operanext, dolphin, dolphinmini, boat, miren, maxthon, and qq...

the modules are in both the rom and the kernel... and im optimistic (as many others are) that tdms new kernel build will fix alot, if not most, of the current bugs... barnacle wifi app is what has been recommended for a workaround... i dont have wifi so i use easytether pro for usb tethering...

please anybody correct me if im wrong...

@tdm--- very very excited for the next build!... your aokp is soooooooooooooooooooo close... :)

Reactions: tdm

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Netflix doesn't play video. I can hear the movie but can't see it. Any suggestions?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Netflix doesn't play video. I can hear the movie but can't see it. Any suggestions?

Needs hardware accel, same issue as youtube hq. No known fix, may never be fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon