[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Difference between current kernel and ICS kernel would be what exactly??? Yea noobish question coming from me...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: topdawg661

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: Badboytoast

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmm ok then I guess. Youtube HQ is my only gripe with deep sleep so I'm on the prowl for anything that would help.

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey TDM, as much as I have NO developing experience at all, I saw Gannon's Porting tutorial and feel up to the challenge to port a ROM to the Optimus V, preferably ICS based. Though I know a GB ROM would be /way/ easier to port, after having ICS, I just can not force myself back to 2.3 at all. Could I use Beta 1 of Quattrimus as a base (with all credit to you for the base, if i succeed?) for my port attempt?

Reactions: Badboytoast

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey TDM, as much as I have NO developing experience at all, I saw Gannon's Porting tutorial and feel up to the challenge to port a ROM to the Optimus V, preferably ICS based. Though I know a GB ROM would be /way/ easier to port, after having ICS, I just can not force myself back to 2.3 at all. Could I use Beta 1 of Quattrimus as a base (with all credit to you for the base, if i succeed?) for my port attempt?

Lmao, I was just reading that myself.
I'm sure you read all the warnings about arm6 and arm7 how they don't play nice with each other too.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I really don't like porting, I feel compiling from sources is more proper and safer. But if you want to try, go for it.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I really don't like porting, I feel compiling from sources is more proper and safer. But if you want to try, go for it.

Not to de-rail the topic, but it's nice every once in a great while to take a tiny break away from ETAs and repetitive posts of issues / bugs. Would you recommend someone wait for AOSP to use as a base instead of CM9? Makes sense in my head, but I'm also not a developer.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
here's the newest bootanimation from AOKP..http://aokp.co/index.php/news

@tdm i pulled this from the AOKP milestone 6 update that came out yesterday. I noticed they have a lot of fixes implemented into the newest build. I know your super busy with the kernel and everything else. But if you havent seen this yet, it may help some things...
Ive tried to resize the images, but its not playing..so here is the original for the p990. its close in size, its a little off to the right..oh well

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
here's the newest bootanimation from AOKP..AOKP | News

@tdm i pulled this from the AOKP milestone 6 update that came out yesterday. I noticed they have a lot of fixes implemented into the newest build. I know your super busy with the kernel and everything else. But if you havent seen this yet, it may help some things...
Ive tried to resize the images, but its not playing..so here is the original for the p990. its close in size, its a little off to the right..oh well

It's probably not playing because you probably pulled the images from the zip, resized them, and stuck them back in the zip. Am I right? If so, that's the wrong way to do it. You need to zip the folder they're in using 7zip... better yet, just google "How to make a bootanimation"

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind, I know NOTHING about this at all. My goal
-Go ahead, tell me I'll fail, I'm aware. Even experienced Devs probably would struggle with this, let alone someone with absolutely ZERO. ZERO development for Android knowlege-
But, I digress. With the sources apparently available and google at my fingertips, I'm gonna try to mix Jellybean and ICS somehow. It's gotta be possible somehow, even if in limited changes.

;_;

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the double, but TDM
I'm gonna start with porting over the apps.
Is it enough to do just the /system/apps folder or do I also need the /system/framework to get it just to boot

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It's always cool to hear about another user's plans to tackle development or porting, but to prevent too much off topic discussion, it would be awesome if you could continue this via private message, a new thread, or maybe a post in the Building Your Own ROM thread would help you out. Thanks! :)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the double, but TDM
I'm gonna start with porting over the apps.
Is it enough to do just the /system/apps folder or do I also need the /system/framework to get it just to boot

Again:

I don't do ports.
I don't recommend ports.
Please don't discuss ports in this thread.

Thanks!

Reactions: kcls

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
just an idea reguarding iptables until we get the new kernel, i realize i did things kindve backwards, but perhaps the way to go about it would be to use the ics iptables and update the kernel's iptables related files to match. idk why i did it backwards, im left handed, maybe that has something to do with it. lol. also by saying this im just shooting an idea i might work on, not asking anything of tdm, #1 priority is new kernel, im just looking to update what we have until we get something better ^.^

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
just an idea reguarding iptables until we get the new kernel, i realize i did things kindve backwards, but perhaps the way to go about it would be to use the ics iptables and update the kernel's iptables related files to match. idk why i did it backwards, im left handed, maybe that has something to do with it. lol. also by saying this im just shooting an idea i might work on, not asking anything of tdm, #1 priority is new kernel, im just looking to update what we have until we get something better ^.^

Yeah absolutely. Take everything netfilter related from an ICS kernel and drop it into mine. See what happens...