[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

markmhart

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem, and I hope someone can help with it. I put Quattrimus beta on my V, and now I cannot boot into recovery. Whether I try reboot menu recovery option or power + vol up, it boots into Quattrimus. For that matter, power off reboots into Quattrimus - I have to pull the battery to power down. I'd like to try a newer ROM and gapps, but if I can't boot into recovery ...

Thanks in advance for the help!

unknownsoldierx

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Barnacle Wi-Fi Tether stopped working. Doesn't do anything after waiting for Wi-Fi disable. Same settings as I was using before. Tried clearing data and doing a reinstall. WPA_supplicant is skipped.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem, and I hope someone can help with it. I put Quattrimus beta on my V, and now I cannot boot into recovery. Whether I try reboot menu recovery option or power + vol up, it boots into Quattrimus. For that matter, power off reboots into Quattrimus - I have to pull the battery to power down. I'd like to try a newer ROM and gapps, but if I can't boot into recovery ...

Its power, volume up, home. Hold all three until it boots into recovery.

sent from my un-dead sammich

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Well this is just a thought and it happened to formatted recovery by accident when doing a full wipe then going throutand formatting it can be done by mistake just get GUI install it the reflash your recovery ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Teh_Gaberz

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i have the same problem with both my phones... but if you take this script and stick it in your system/etc/init.d folder and reboot, youll get 710 stable... i cant seem to go past that without constant reboots... governor is set to interactivex/ min480/ max710... edit it if you need to... :)

-do not flash the zip
unzip, copy to sd, move to /init.d, reboot, check performance settings...

*kernel needs to be scalable to 710... only option is 729, no in between... shows in cmsettings/performance/cpu as 710 but cpu spy says it is set at 710 but it only fluxs through 480/600... :-(
Thanks for posting this. I also was unable to go past 600 without rebooting and this helped.

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Did u use from manager? I didn't get recovery after using from manager. Best advice I have to offer is download flash image GUI and the recovery tdm has on his goo page. Fyi wen I downloaded the cannibal recovery tdm has I had to change the file to say recovery at the end before it worked, hope this helps :)

PacifistRiot

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Bugs I see for AOKP 7/10/12:
  • Carrier text is cut off on the bottom of the lockscreen
  • "Settings>Display>Custom backlight settings>Edit other levels..." crashes the settings menu

Also one question, how do I enable working auto brightness with the light sensor on the phone?

JadenBrown30

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Bugs I see for AOKP 7/10/12:
  • Carrier text is cut off on the bottom of the lockscreen
  • "Settings>Display>Custom backlight settings>Edit other levels..." crashes the settings menu

Also one question, how do I enable working auto brightness with the light sensor on the phone?

The phone doesn't have a light sensor, only a proximity sensor. I'm assuming the option is in the settings because this was ported/compiled from the Galaxy Nexus ICS which has a light sensor.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Works for me, too. I don't seem to have microbes, at least in my phone...

Bubbles an the unicorn work fine. Microbes not working here either. It won't display the preview. I just tried to set it and it flashed a few times then went to the default.

Reactions: Ryuk6666

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious. I'm using the stock gingerbread music app on ICS and I have 30 gigabytes of music and it constantly freezes on me. Does anyone else experience this?

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious. I'm using the stock gingerbread music app on ICS and I have 30 gigabytes of music and it constantly freezes on me. Does anyone else experience this?

I just use Play Music so I don't have to store any on the SD card. I'll try to load some stuff up tonight to test it out.

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm running out of Internal Storage space and I'm not exactly sure why. Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can figure out what apps are on my internal memory so I can decide if I can either move or remove them? Also, I've noticed some apps allow to 'move to phone' or 'move to sd' yet many don't allow either. Where are those apps located? /sd-ext?

I really need to get this figured out so help if you can please.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Checking out the changelog for 20120711, and there appears to be only one change (by @tdm) that might affect use, but I'm not exactly sure what that change means:

Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/ics' into ics commit

What exactly does this mean? When I see a change like this, I'm usually inclined to not bother flashing. It doesn't look like an important change, but I thought I'd ask first.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Your SD card is probably about full I'm assuming. Anytime a storage device gets that full, you can start having stability issues

sent from my Nokia 5110

Reactions: anthonycr

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Your SD card is probably about full I'm assuming. Anytime a storage device gets that full, you can start having stability issues

sent from my Nokia 5110

Yup. I keep running out of space when taking pictures. I guess things should clear up if I delete some useless stuff. Thanks

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm running out of Internal Storage space and I'm not exactly sure why. Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can figure out what apps are on my internal memory so I can decide if I can either move or remove them? Also, I've noticed some apps allow to 'move to phone' or 'move to sd' yet many don't allow either. Where are those apps located? /sd-ext?

I really need to get this figured out so help if you can please.

system apps cant and shouldnt be moved from internal, thats why the option is greyed out...
if you have an sd/ext then data/apps should all move automatically if using any flavor of quatt... its built in... thanks tdm!... (provided you have made one)... <--- this can be done from recovery... make sure you backup all your sdcard info to your pc before making an ext partition...

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone figure out how to get a working data toggle on aokp? It's no big deal but would be super convenient. Considering all of the other features the lack of a simple data toggle is kinda aggravating, especially when one is depicted in the toggles settings. Lol

s13-d

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Alright, potential noob question here - sorry if this has already been asked and answered, this forum's search feature sucks. How come /data/data is not moved to the sd-ext along with /data/app and the dalvik-cache? I was surprised to find today that I was down to like 20mb on the data partition because the data directories from a few apps (notably Netflix and Dolphin Browser) were using a lot of space.

I worked around the problem for now by clearing Dolphin cache and uninstalling Netflix since it doesn't work under ICS anyway, but it seems like only a matter of time before /data/data fills up the data partition.

Reactions: jeffreykowalski

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463