[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

s13-d

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Because /data/data holds system data also. So if you pull your sdcard with it relocated, you basically get a factory reset. I might implement this as an option if lots of folks are running out of space with sdext, but it's kinda risky.
I had a feeling it would be something like this. In that case, it may be worth mentioning for heavy app users that link2sd works great on this rom as long as your second partition is FAT32; link2sd supports FAT32 partitions while the built-in sd-ext script ignores them, and as mentioned before, link2sd saves more space in /data since it can also link the space-hogging library files :cool:

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Just updates to 7/12 nightly AOKP Awesome boot animation, I like this one better! No need to change it for now :p also YouTube still plays like a slide show :D!! Over all really good its my daily!
Thanks
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Can some describe the best way to back up my sdcard to my computer that leaves it exactly the way it is so my phone recognizes pics and music and all that. So I can partition it for this Rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
(YouTube?)also u tube works great on the Godzilla ICS Rom maybe someone should take a look at that build unless totally diff.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
(YouTube?)also u tube works great on the Godzilla ICS Rom maybe someone should take a look at that build unless totally diff.

YouTube plays well on quattrimus cm9 but it plays like a slide show on quattrimus AOKP and AOKP is my daily
425702a7-1970-8f82.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Can some describe the best way to back up my sdcard to my computer that leaves it exactly the way it is so my phone recognizes pics and music and all that. So I can partition it for this Rom.

There are threads here that explain in detail how to do this so you may just want to do a search. The short answer is that you copy and paste everything on your card to a folder on your computer. Put the card back in the phone and format in recovery. Then in recovery partition the card (I'm using the Cannibal touch recovery and it does ext-3 partition which should work w/ this ROM). I think the limit of the partition size is 2GB, but you probably wouldn't need more than 1GB if that. I have a 32GB card w/ a 1GB partition and even w/ 164 sys and user apps I am using less than half of that partition. After parttioning, pop the card back into the computer and copy everything back onto it. Research a little more on the forums for partitioning as I am sure I've left something out, but it is not very difficult. Other than copying the card to the computer and copying it back again most of the rest can be done on the phone.

Last edited:

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

There are threads here that explain in detail how to do this so you may just want to do a search. The short answer is that you copy and paste everything on your card to a folder on your computer. Put the card back in the phone and format in recovery. Then in recovery partition the card (I'm using the Cannibal touch recovery and it does ext-3 partition which should work w/ this ROM). I think the limit of the partition size is 2GB, but you probably wouldn't need more than 1GB if that. I have a 32GB card w/ a 1GB partition and even w/ 164 sys and user apps I am using less than half of that partition. After creating the partition, shut off the phone and put the card in the computer and copy everything back to it. Research a little more on the forums for partitioning as I am sure I've left something out, but it is not very difficult. Other than copying the card to the computer and back most of the rest can be done on the phone.

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
no need to pop the card back into the computer to copy everything back... this can be done from recovery as well via mounts/enable usb storage... just trying to make things simpler... :)

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Well picked up the 7/12 nightly and yo :D very pleased it started out rr one after another I was :mad: then got a chance to do some ocwith a couple of reboots which don't count on the fact I was trying diff PC the lastly all I did was bump my min to 480 and left the Max at 600 on interactiveX and has been pretty stable so far and I've been doing net searches theme changing so kudos tdm :D:D:thumbup::thumbup: can't wait till y'all get that ics kernel done looking forward to it keep up the great work bruh:cool:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: tdm

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
@inceyet--- any rr's while browsing yet?...

None but for some reason it rr
Edit: until I set the min @480 I really haven't messed with the Max all that much just those couple times and it rr on me just need to try diff govs and see what's good . But naw no rr whole browsing and plus I get HORRIBLE 3g at my great job (hope the sarcasm is detected :) )

Reactions: clodfelterac

monepone

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My only real issues that I can see on this ROM (aokp) right now are the poor YouTube performance and Netflix video not working. Does anyone know if these are issues that may eventually be resolved? Or, are they problems that are likely to persist? I'm not trying to sound impatient or anything, I'm just wondering, because other than those two issues I seem to be having a pretty good experience. But, if those two issues are going to persist, I'll probably want to move to another ROM that doesn't have these issues. BTW, this is the first custom ROM I have tried. My OV has been rooted for a while, but I was holding off to see if a good ICS ROM was released before I tried moving from the stock ROM.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
My only real issues that I can see on this ROM (aokp) right now are the poor YouTube performance and Netflix video not working. Does anyone know if these are issues that may eventually be resolved? Or, are they problems that are likely to persist? I'm not trying to sound impatient or anything, I'm just wondering, because other than those two issues I seem to be having a pretty good experience. But, if those two issues are going to persist, I'll probably want to move to another ROM that doesn't have these issues. BTW, this is the first custom ROM I have tried. My OV has been rooted for a while, but I was holding off to see if a good ICS ROM was released before I tried moving from the stock ROM.

Well first off if this is your first time adding a rom you should've tried a iho base just for the simple fact that your coming off stock mrg's MiRaGe
Is a beast, neko"s gtr is my go to as well as LeslieAnn' s harmonia 2.08 and as far as those two issues there is more pressing bugs to address those will likely get addressed but as far as I know its not at the top of the list once again as far as I know correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I apologize I'd that came off a lil strong didn't mean to :cool:

Reactions: monepone

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Netflix currently only functions well with Stock and a few other Froyo ROMs.
In any other ROM, the audio and video are not in sync, or Netflix doesn't work at all.
YouTube functions well in CM9, but not on AOKP.
If having Netflix is a must, revert back to stock, or flash a Froyo ROM.

sent from my un-dead sammich

Reactions: monepone

monepone

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Netflix currently only functions well with Stock and a few other Froyo ROMs.
In any other ROM, the audio and video are not in sync, or Netflix doesn't work at all.
YouTube functions well in CM9, but not on AOKP.
If having Netflix is a must, revert back to stock, or flash a Froyo ROM.

sent from my un-dead sammich

Thank you for this info. Netflix is not a deal breaker for me, but I definitely would like a well functioning YouTube.

monepone

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well first off if this is your first time adding a rom you should've tried a iho base just for the simple fact that your coming off stock mrg's MiRaGe
Is a beast, neko"s gtr is my go to as well as LeslieAnn' s harmonia 2.08 and as far as those two issues there is more pressing bugs to address those will likely get addressed but as far as I know its not at the top of the list once again as far as I know correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I apologize I'd that came off a lil strong didn't mean to :cool:

No problem, I didn't take offense to your response. Thank you for the info.

Reactions: inceyet

grosskum

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me how I can lower my overclock setting before my phone reboots. I accidentally hit 806 when I was scrolling and my phone has been stuck rebooting. There is about 15 seconds before it reboots again, I've tried to get to settings but I can't in that time. I tried to flash AOKP(was on CM9) and went back but the setting was saved for CM9. I know I could just wipe and flash again but I'd lose settings and stuff. Could I flash data from a backup of this without bringing that overclock with it?
I know most of these questions are kind of stupid and I'll just end up doing something before I get a reply, but for future reference I'd be curious to know if I could.

JadenBrown30

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Lol I did a stupid mistake :p accidentally deleted Google Search. Can I just download the beta1 ZIP again, wipe catch and dalvik cache and flash?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma