[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me how I can lower my overclock setting before my phone reboots. I accidentally hit 806 when I was scrolling and my phone has been stuck rebooting. There is about 15 seconds before it reboots again, I've tried to get to settings but I can't in that time. I tried to flash AOKP(was on CM9) and went back but the setting was saved for CM9. I know I could just wipe and flash again but I'd lose settings and stuff. Could I flash data from a backup of this without bringing that overclock with it?
I know most of these questions are kind of stupid and I'll just end up doing something before I get a reply, but for future reference I'd be curious to know if I could.

This time, you may have to reflash. For future reference try some of the different overclock apps on the market. Find one that opens quickly, like SetCPU. Keep it in your internal memory, so it's available instantly. I use CPU Master, but it sometimes takes awhile to open, but it has an option for safe mode, where you can boot to your stock settings or boot right into your overclock settings.

Sent from my FusedEvil-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Lol I did a stupid mistake :p accidentally deleted Google Search. Can I just download the beta1 ZIP again, wipe catch and dalvik cache and flash?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I think all you would need to do is reflash gapps

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!

Reactions: topdawg661

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
That.... or pull the app from the zip and use a root file manager to put it in your /system/app folder

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

JadenBrown30

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, I just decided to reflash just the ROM, worked lol I was trying to put Google Now on it, needless to say...it didn't work :p

grosskum

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
This time, you may have to reflash. For future reference try some of the different overclock apps on the market. Find one that opens quickly, like SetCPU. Keep it in your internal memory, so it's available instantly. I use CPU Master, but it sometimes takes awhile to open, but it has an option for safe mode, where you can boot to your stock settings or boot right into your overclock settings.

Sent from my FusedEvil-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I did just end up reflashing. I tried wiping just certain things but it didn't work. I had a recovery of all my stufff but I formatted my SD because I had so many apps from different roms that it took up 14GB of 16. Never thought about a different overclocking app. I stopped using them once I figured out I could do it in settings.

kjmott

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out a solution to or why some phones can't charge on this rom.

I got the rom working but my phone will not charge. Any ideas?

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
is there anything we can do to assist tdm with making his kernel? are kernels from other phones or tablets helpful?

No, kernels can't just interchange. All the drivers are individual to each device. There are similarities, and close matches sometimes works. But usually not.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
is there anything we can do to assist tdm with making his kernel? are kernels from other phones or tablets helpful?
Not really. Adding more devs doesn't generally make a project go faster any more than adding women makes a baby come out faster. :p
Still, two heads are better than one :p

But if you want to play with the kernels, the git repositories may be available to allow you to download what you need; if you have concrete suggestions or come up with changes that work, you might be able to offer them to willing ears. Eyes. Minds. Something.

That said, it seems to me the devs are pretty busy, so I doubt you'll get much advice or hand-holding from them directly.

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Great job i love it so far:) the only problems i encountered are facebook white screen and yahoo messenger can't send sms to the phone i get sms from everything else just not the yahoo numbers CM9 And AOPK.

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
But if you want to play with the kernels, the git repositories may be available to allow you to download what you need; if you have concrete suggestions or come up with changes that work, you might be able to offer them to willing ears. Eyes. Minds. Something.

That said, it seems to me the devs are pretty busy, so I doubt you'll get much advice or hand-holding from them directly.

Yeah. If there are any devs lurking that want to play along at home, I'll be using github.com/tdm/codeaurora_kernel_msm for the merges. My gingerkernel repo is going to go away, it was a temporary solution that was only meant to exist until the ics kernel was done.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@tdm--- aokp0712:
-power menu still opens twice, back closes both...
-still had intermittent rr's (the usual InteractiveX/480/600) while adjusting settings and browsing so i started looking through the build.prop and made a few adjustments...

adjusted-
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=500
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=32m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m
ro.max.fling_velocity=8000

removed-
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

-ive been trying for 3hrs to get this thing to rr but no dice... :)
-youtube still a bit off- Dubstep Violin- Lindsey Stirling- Crystallize - YouTube (i think heaven lost an angel!)
but some vids do play decent (on hq)- PUMPED UP KICKS|DUBSTEP - YouTube
-bootanimation is perfect... glad you implemented the ics blue into it...
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: tdm

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. If there are any devs lurking that want to play along at home, I'll be using github.com/tdm/codeaurora_kernel_msm for the merges. My gingerkernel repo is going to go away, it was a temporary solution that was only meant to exist until the ics kernel was done.

I will attempt kernels once again :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech