[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
@tdm--- well , i couldnt help myself so i overhauled the build.prop... added most of the s3 tweaks, adjusted some values, uncommented a few lines, removed a few lines, and cleaned it up a bit... ive been running it for a couple hours now and still no rr's, scrolling is smoother, data seems quicker, ui seems quicker, resolution seems much better (especially on keyboard, it used to look somewhat fuzzy)... i havent tested youtube yet to see if theres a difference, but after i post this i will... i didnt want the peeps getting confused with my posts... i attached the modified build.prop so you can have a look at it...
i love this rom!

to anyone running aokp, if you want to use this build.prop:
-download it to your sdcard
-use a root capable file manager (im using es because its color coordinated... lol) and go to /system and delete the build.prop, or make a folder on your sd called prop (or whatever) and move the original to the folder in case you want to move it back later (although i dont see why you would want to)
-now copy/move the modified build.prop to /system and paste
-save the changes
-reboot recovery
-wipe cache and dalvik
-reboot
id love any feedback... it works for me... :)

*do not flash the zip!
*unzip it, file is inside!

Which version did you use if it matters? And what are you oc at

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
@tdm--- well , i couldnt help myself so i overhauled the build.prop... added most of the s3 tweaks, adjusted some values, uncommented a few lines, removed a few lines, and cleaned it up a bit... ive been running it for a couple hours now and still no rr's, scrolling is smoother, data seems quicker, ui seems quicker, resolution seems much better (especially on keyboard, it used to look somewhat fuzzy)... i havent tested youtube yet to see if theres a difference, but after i post this i will... i didnt want the peeps getting confused with my posts... i attached the modified build.prop so you can have a look at it...
i love this rom!

to anyone running aokp, if you want to use this build.prop:
-download it to your sdcard
-use a root capable file manager (im using es because its color coordinated... lol) and go to /system and delete the build.prop, or make a folder on your sd called prop (or whatever) and move the original to the folder in case you want to move it back later (although i dont see why you would want to)
-now copy/move the modified build.prop to /system and paste
-save the changes
-reboot recovery
-wipe cache and dalvik
-reboot
id love any feedback... it works for me... :)

*do not flash the zip!
*unzip it, file is inside!

Don't delete the old buildprop rename it to something like build.propbu that way if something does go wrong you can just rename it back to build.prop and go back to normal

sent from my Nokia 5110

henrikb

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a clean install? Its not a common problem with most of the people using these roms. Try to wipe everything's except SD card, and flash again, make sure md5 matches. Are you trying to charge wall outlet or USB? We need more details if you want help, its definately something on your end of things and not a rom issue.

sent from my Nokia 5110

I challenge that last statement, because we are now at least three persons with charging/power-related issues.

I've tried to troubleshoot this as best as I can; see Post #7384 in the archived thread (I'll migrate that to this thread when I have time). It would be useful if anyone with similar problems can confirm if they experience the exact same problems, or if they differ slightly.

A late update (not in that post): Twice (out of probably 30 flashes) I did indeed manage to get the charging going (always directly after a fresh ROM flash). However, after unplugging the power cable a few times, it would no longer charge whatever (rebooting, wiping cache, reflashing) I tried.. The 2nd time I got it to working, I didn't touch the phone and I confirmed that it did indeed charge (from 35-100%). To me it appears that there is some kernel(?) process that is in charge (pun not intended) of charging and that it is very unstable or not detecting the input current on our phones. Everything else works great with this ROM.

Please read Post #7384 before asking what I've tried; it contains lots of information.

Thanks,

Henrik

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I challenge that last statement, because we are now at least three persons with charging/power-related issues.

I've tried to troubleshoot this as best as I can; see Post #7384 in the archived thread (I'll migrate that to this thread when I have time). It would be useful if anyone with similar problems can confirm if they experience the exact same problems, or if they differ slightly.

A late update (not in that post): Twice (out of probably 30 flashes) I did indeed manage to get the charging going (always directly after a fresh ROM flash). However, after unplugging the power cable a few times, it would no longer charge whatever (rebooting, wiping cache, reflashing) I tried.. The 2nd time I got it to working, I didn't touch the phone and I confirmed that it did indeed charge (from 35-100%). To me it appears that there is some kernel(?) process that is in charge (pun not intended) of charging and that it is very unstable or not detecting the input current on our phones. Everything else works great with this ROM.

Please read Post #7384 before asking what I've tried; it contains lots of information.

Thanks,

Henrik

I seen that post and there have been a few ppl with the problem but it is uncommon which makes it hard to troubleshoot. I've had no charging issues on cm9 every time I've flashed it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Can someone make a new thread for a How-to guide on how to set up an external partition for this? It's freaking annoying searching through this whole thread looking at posts that don't mean anything to me.
Specific things to address(please):
Step by step process
Which partitions do we use, and what format?
Can you simply make a nandroid, partition the card and then restore the nandroid afterwards, or does this require a completely new flash?

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
There was like 3 tthreads on this, and yes. It's annoying.

You DON'T have to make a partition for this rom, TDM just said it was recommended, say if you download a bunch of apps?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
i am experiencing forced reboots when turning 3G/Wi-fi ON/OFF

is there a fix for this? running AOKP beta1 right now, but experienced the same issue with the 7-12 nightly

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
i am experiencing forced reboots when turning 3G/Wi-fi ON/OFF

is there a fix for this? running AOKP beta1 right now, but experienced the same issue with the 7-12 nightly

The bt is a current issue for some and plus what are you oc at I suggest interactivex 600/480 I haven't had any rr except when I mess with the oc

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Can someone make a new thread for a How-to guide on how to set up an external partition for this? It's freaking annoying searching through this whole thread looking at posts that don't mean anything to me.
Specific things to address(please):
Step by step process
Which partitions do we use, and what format?
Can you simply make a nandroid, partition the card and then restore the nandroid afterwards, or does this require a completely new flash?

Google is your friend.
And its pretty straight forward..
Copy all of your sdcard contents to your computer, reboot into recovery, partition sdcard,choose a size(in megabytes), then copy everything back to your sdcard, and you're done.

sent from my un-dead sammich

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
to anyone that dl'd the modified build.prop previously, im sorry if your experiencing some rr's...
ive been experiencing a few myself so i checked the build.prop and i had forgotten to adjust a few values... the build.prop has been fixed so please redownload if you would like to use it... sorry for the inconvience everybody...

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Google is your friend.
Copy all of your sdcard contents to your computer, reboot into recovery, partition sdcard,choose a size(in megabytes), then copy everything back to your sdcard, and you're done.

No need to reflash the rom, and making a nandroid would be kinda pointless, it only partitions your sdcard, not your phone.

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The bt is a current issue for some and plus what are you oc at I suggest interactivex 600/480 I haven't had any rr except when I mess with the oc

i dont use bluetooth at all tho.

seems like if disable and then re-enable mobile data that i can switch between 3g/wifi without any problems...is that the only fix there is?

brokegamer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Google is your friend.

I did notice an issue with using a cheap/no name micro sd card for an sd-ext partition. After switching out for name brand (PNY) microSD my reboot problems went away.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

androidCHEECH

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
hi everybody im new to the whole hackin of mobile devices i just started tryin to flash roms on my LG-VM670 with a older version 2.2.1 and ive flashed a couple of roms but can not find one that works without bein faulty. are their any roms that actually work right everyone rom i done flashed either all my contacts didnt show up , wi-fi didnt work, or the app store didnt work. please help im tired of my lil optimus bein out dated

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
to anyone that dl'd the modified build.prop previously, im sorry if your experiencing some rr's...
ive been experiencing a few myself so i checked the build.prop and i had forgotten to adjust a few values... the build.prop has been fixed so please redownload if you would like to use it... sorry for the inconvience everybody...

Haven't had a rr yet, but loving this mod. Seems to make AOKP faster and smoother. I was using CM9 because it felt smoother on my phone, but figured i'd give your build.prop a shot. I'm now back on AOKP. This is awesome: )

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Reactions: clodfelterac

grosskum

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Every app I try to install I get "package file is invalid". Any ideas? CM9 beta 1(not nightly). Not any specific app, just about all of them.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
hi everybody im new to the whole hackin of mobile devices i just started tryin to flash roms on my LG-VM670 with a older version 2.2.1 and ive flashed a couple of roms but can not find one that works without bein faulty. are their any roms that actually work right everyone rom i done flashed either all my contacts didnt show up , wi-fi didnt work, or the app store didnt work. please help im tired of my lil optimus bein out dated

If your new to flashing roms then this one might not be ready for you. Try using Mirages IHO rom and remember you must flash the corect gapps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech