[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

kjmott

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I challenge that last statement, because we are now at least three persons with charging/power-related issues.

I've tried to troubleshoot this as best as I can; see Post #7384 in the archived thread (I'll migrate that to this thread when I have time). It would be useful if anyone with similar problems can confirm if they experience the exact same problems, or if they differ slightly.

A late update (not in that post): Twice (out of probably 30 flashes) I did indeed manage to get the charging going (always directly after a fresh ROM flash). However, after unplugging the power cable a few times, it would no longer charge whatever (rebooting, wiping cache, reflashing) I tried.. The 2nd time I got it to working, I didn't touch the phone and I confirmed that it did indeed charge (from 35-100%). To me it appears that there is some kernel(?) process that is in charge (pun not intended) of charging and that it is very unstable or not detecting the input current on our phones. Everything else works great with this ROM.

Please read Post #7384 before asking what I've tried; it contains lots of information.

Thanks,

Henrik

I did in fact read this post before I even asked for help. I did a search which brought me to that thread. I tried everything you did and I had no problems charging on the cm7 roms, but when I got to this rom again it still wouldn't charge. I have wiped everything. I was using an older recovery but updated to the cannibal 1.2 recovery. I still had 0 luck.

I have had zero problems ever going from rom to rom and then I hit this problem. I can't seem to figure out what the deal is with the charging.

when in cannibal open touch this is the process I used.

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
wipe system, data, cache
advanced ---> wipe dalvik cache
mounts and storage ---> format (boot, system, data, cache)

Then I flash the rom, then flash gapps

is there anything I am missing that I need to wipe.

should I format the sd-ext?
should I mount or unmount anything?

Thanks for any help. I really love this rom and I don't really want to go back to cm 7.2 with all the cool features on ICS.

Thanks for all you guys do.

Kyle

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Something that may help improve battery life is using the SmartassV2 CPU governor. Set your clocks to ???/122. After I had mentioned it in the VS660 thread, a user replied and stated that after using the SmartassV2 governor he had experienced much better battery life and has not had any lag that he had experienced before and that it felt like a different device.

"One thing about the smartass governor is that when the screen is off it will lower the maximum CPU frequency, which on our device I believe will be either 320MHz, or if your minimum CPU frequency is above that, it will use that instead. That could explain how it is helping with battery."

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I did in fact read this post before I even asked for help. I did a search which brought me to that thread. I tried everything you did and I had no problems charging on the cm7 roms, but when I got to this rom again it still wouldn't charge. I have wiped everything. I was using an older recovery but updated to the cannibal 1.2 recovery. I still had 0 luck.

I have had zero problems ever going from rom to rom and then I hit this problem. I can't seem to figure out what the deal is with the charging.

when in cannibal open touch this is the process I used.

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
wipe system, data, cache
advanced ---> wipe dalvik cache
mounts and storage ---> format (boot, system, data, cache)

Then I flash the rom, then flash gapps

is there anything I am missing that I need to wipe.

should I format the sd-ext?
should I mount or unmount anything?

Thanks for any help. I really love this rom and I don't really want to go back to cm 7.2 with all the cool features on ICS.

Thanks for all you guys do.

Kyle

As a work around you can charge while in recovery. Or possibly when it's off.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
id advise the /ext... i only have 55 apps and it still helped me... my internal used is 19mb... ics takes up a lot of space... youll see... :)

I'd advise this as well, the system needs more space to breath. Remember the system make LARGE caches of its apps, so that 1 MB app might expand into 3MB after the cache!

kjmott

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
As a work around you can charge while in recovery. Or possibly when it's off.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

The phone will not charge in recovery

and if the phone is off and I plug it in then the phone will turn on by itself.

Also the phone is not recognized by the computer.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
hey about the bluetooth hardcoded mac bug: there was a patch made to fix that a while ago--

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...rgans-unofficial-cm7-1-a-221.html#post1787344

was made for iho but the code should work reguardless. it alters these two files:

brcm_patchram_plus.c
bdaddr_read.c

which are device/vendor specific and shouldnt have any effect on the rest of the rom

edit:

brcm_patchram_plus.c changes were already implemented in the default ics cm android_system_bluetooth repo. only bdaddr_read.c needs updating. I've forked cm_android_system_bluetooth gingerbread branch and applied the changes to see the differences in case it needs to be ported elsewhere:

Gingerbread brcm_patchram_plus.c changes

baddr_read.c ics changes

I don't like that approach, I believe the vendor btld binary reads the bt, mac. I just haven't had time to look at it.

Reactions: tcrider84

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Getting close with the 2.6.36 kernel. They made some changes to the arm code that cause failed boots. I've almost got it tracked down.

Maybe, just maybe, fixing this will let the p700 kernel boot...

>Maybe, just maybe, fixing this will let the p700 kernel boot
>>fixing this will let the p700 kernel boot
>>>let the p700 kernel boot
>>>>p700 kernel boot
>>>>>boot

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I KNEW U COULD DO IT TDM!!!!

Reactions: sellers86

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I mean 2.6.35 - 3.0 had A LOT of memory management upgrades, along with a HUGE I/O overhall. So having a native 3.0 kernel will probably make ICS work, the cause of the random reboots and other DURP is from memory errors in the first place. So having the kernel ICS was made for will probably make it run at its full capacity :)!!

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I just made an /ext. And WOW! It did everything all by itself. Also flashed the new nightly(hadn't updated since like July 2nd) but it's SO fast! I dont know if it's the nightly's or the /ext, or if maybe amphetamines is starting to really churn some gears, but something happened and now its BLAZING fast. Love it! :D

Reactions: tdm

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Enable tile rendering:
Tile rendering is a more efficient form of GPU composition, and boosts performance since each frame is split into tiles.
[TWEAKS][ICS] ICS/CM9 performance tweaks! [UPDATED] - xda-developers

ive also noticed that ro.max.fling_velocity= can go higher so im going to try 12000
and add ro.min.fling_velocity=8000
List Of Some Build.prop Tweaks

Just an updata thanks to this post and the cm9 tweaks I an able to turn Bluetooth ON and OFF with out a reboot! I add all the tweaks ,except for the no boot image ! Thanks coldfelterac! YouTube is starting to play a little like a video instead of the slide show!
I am about to try your build.pro will report back

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: clodfelterac

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
tdm, do you know why voice search(gapps 4/29) does not work when flashing a new rom and why it must be uninstalled and installed as a user app instead from play store?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781