[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Needing a change in my optimus's life, so I'm gonna download the newest build. But one question, Is aokp beta1pre1 the newest or cm9 beta1pre3?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Still no wifi hotspots fix?

Dude, this has been answered a trillion times.

NO.
NYET
NADA
NEGATIVE.

On almost every page prior it is mentioned. There is as of now no NATIVE hotspots. Use Barnacle until the 3.0 kernel where it might be fixed.

Also, I think it is a known issue about Apollo. Neither my Tab 10.1 or Optimus show Album covers and when they do they're pixelated as all hell.

Reactions: topdawg661

reverendjoe

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I get real good album covers, more than I originally had they usually show up only when I listen to a song from the album when connected to data/internet though, but after they show up they are there for good. Even appear on lockscreen. Everything works amazingly, really looking forward to future milestones but would be happy as a clam if production stopped dead!

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Error checking needs to be disabled via dalvik otherwise the dalvik value will override the build.prop ones. You'll have to put this:

Code:
dalvik.vm.checkjni=false
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.kernel.checkjni=0

which includes the other two you'd normally put there to completely disable checking.

Also, the comment for purgable assests is incorrect; it does not give a faster reboot just frees up more RAM during regular usage. Faster reboots can be achieved with:

Code:
persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate

which changes your shutdown mode from completely shutting off to simply hibernate.

As for theheap values, it's a bit different with ICS now. Heapstartsize is your starting heap for apps. Heapgrwothlimit is the maxiimum an app can grow for RAM, and lastly heapsize itself is the limit before the OS starts garbage collecting.

Windowsmgr value has a max limit of 300. 500 will just get cut to 300.

I'm noticing a huge deal of tearing scrolling around so I'm gonna see if I can work around with buiild.prop, otherwise maybe tdm can enable vsync in the code if it's off.

Last thing for me I'm going to fiddle with the composition type. Our GPU can't handle the GPU value so test aorund with copybit (value of "dyn") and see if there's any changes in performance. Otherwise, mdp will do just fine. I don't think our phones support the c2d value so I'll just mess around with dyn for now.

Reactions: clodfelterac

ewichern

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I must be exceptionally lucky. I've been running 245/806 interactiveX for a week or two with no reboots or notable stability issues. I'm still on the 7/2 nightly because I figured I could wait for the next larger milestone/update (kernel!) to reflash. Barnacle tether is working great. Battery life (even without something like juicedefender) is very good... Easily solid enough for a daily driver.

The folks with the charging issue need to get together and figure out what they have in common... different recovery? Unusual/off-brand SD cards? Aftermarket AC charger? Something about their wipe/flashing ... There must be *something* different because most of us aren't having any problems and the hardware itself only comes in 2 versions.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I must be exceptionally lucky. I've been running 245/806 interactiveX for a week or two with no reboots or notable stability issues. I'm still on the 7/2 nightly because I figured I could wait for the next larger milestone/update (kernel!) to reflash. Barnacle tether is working great. Battery life (even without something like juicedefender) is very good... Easily solid enough for a daily driver.

The folks with the charging issue need to get together and figure out what they have in common... different recovery? Unusual/off-brand SD cards? Aftermarket AC charger? Something about their wipe/flashing ... There must be *something* different because most of us aren't having any problems and the hardware itself only comes in 2 versions.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

You should upgrade and see if you have any noticable speed improvements? Mine was fast on the 7/2 nightly, but last night I flashed last night's nightly and WOAH. It's lightning fast.

samson lamadine

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I get real good album covers, more than I originally had they usually show up only when I listen to a song from the album when connected to data/internet though, but after they show up they are there for good. Even appear on lockscreen. Everything works amazingly, really looking forward to future milestones but would be happy as a clam if production stopped dead!

Really..what build are you on? i'm on cm9 bata 1

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Error checking needs to be disabled via dalvik otherwise the dalvik value will override the build.prop ones. You'll have to put this:

Code:
dalvik.vm.checkjni=false
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.kernel.checkjni=0

which includes the other two you'd normally put there to completely disable checking.[/QUOTE]
thankyou... i have adjusted/added the values...

[QUOTE="A.I., post: 1963943, member: 643997"]Also, the comment for purgable assests is incorrect; it does not give a faster reboot just frees up more RAM during regular usage. Faster reboots can be achieved with:

[code]persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate

which changes your shutdown mode from completely shutting off to simply hibernate.
thankyou... i have edited the comment and added the line...

As for theheap values, it's a bit different with ICS now. Heapstartsize is your starting heap for apps. Heapgrwothlimit is the maxiimum an app can grow for RAM, and lastly heapsize itself is the limit before the OS starts garbage collecting.
thankyou... this is what i thought... i dont see any problems with the values... 32m has been recommended over and over for the best experience from my research...

Windowsmgr value has a max limit of 300. 500 will just get cut to 300.
thankyou... i have adjusted the value...

I'm noticing a huge deal of tearing scrolling around.
this is what initially got me to mess with the build.prop... i was hoping
ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
ro.min.fling_velocity=8000
would help and from my experience it has... its better than what it was... but is still noticible...
this is by far the best experience ive had with aokp thus far and i know sooner or later itll all be worked out thanks to the sharing of knowledge, and excellent devs and community we have here... :)

the edited build.prop has been attached for those who would like to use it... directions on page 26/post #638... the attachment on that post has been updated also...

*attachment removed... new values netted three rr's within five minutes...*

Last edited:

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
i've almost got the aokp beta set up perfectly!

480/748 performance
barnacle
quikpic
nova launcher
the new version of TIbu is working nicely also

the voice search button would be cool to have back...any way to do that? i already tried the 'button remapper' it was useless.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
i've almost got the aokp beta set up perfectly!

480/748 performance
barnacle
quikpic
nova launcher
the new version of TIbu is working nicely also

the voice search button would be cool to have back...any way to do that? i already tried the 'button remapper' it was useless.

Any rr and how about browsing also which version you on?

Edit: well you must be one of the lucky ones I just tried that combo and instant rr oh well ...600/480 interactiveX is stable for me no rr even while browsing btw I'm on the 7/12 nightly

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!

Last edited:

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
@clodfelterac
Did you get that build prop updated I saw that you had needed to make some edits . Wanted to try it out. Thanks:cool:

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12