[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't been brought up but the play store is listing my unit as vm670 unknown and it has had a few apps tell me I can't download because it is not available in my units country.

Can you narrow down the build properties that control this and the desired values?

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
So...Sorry to beat the dead horse with a stick, but is there any specific reason why Netflix video won't work on Quattrimus?

I know it's only supposed to work on Froyo roms, and it does(I've watched movies on Harmonia), but would it be possible to get the video to work on Quattrimus?

I much prefer to only run Ubuntu on my computer, and Netflix is incompatible with Ubuntu. I don't really like switching back to windows just to watch netflix, and on my phone, I like Quattrimus way more than any other roms.

Sorry to disappoint, but it may never be fixed because we need the OMX drivers that enable hardware acceleration, and we may never get those because quallcomm won't make them for armv6 devices. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Hope this helped.

Sent from my A.C.R. Zombified Quattrimized AOKP OV.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to disappoint, but it may never be fixed because we need the OMX drivers that enable hardware acceleration, and we may never get those because quallcomm won't make them for armv6 devices. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Hope this helped.

Unless someone pulls a secret covert operation, gets a job with quallcomm, moves up in the work chain, and gets the OMX drivers for us. So no, its not likely it will happen any time soon... but everything does get released eventually.. could be a week from now, could be 30 years from now..
Soooo who's going to be our top secret double agent spy ninja? Or find a rich person to bribe quallcomm?

sent from my un-dead sammich

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Unless someone pulls a secret covert operation, gets a job with quallcomm, moves up in the work chain, and gets the OMX drivers for us. So no, its not likely it will happen any time soon... but everything does get released eventually.. could be a week from now, could be 30 years from now..
Soooo who's going to be our top secret double agent spy ninja? Or find a rich person to bribe quallcomm?

Here's a question for your theory. How can you get or bribe someone for something that hasn't even been made?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Here's a question for your theory. How can you get or bribe someone for something that hasn't even been made?

You could bribe someone to make em :p
And I wasn't being serious at all, just basically saying that its not likely for us getting the necessary drivers any time soon, or not at all, in a very sarcastic/joking(at the possibilities of getting them.) manner :p

Reactions: Ryuk6666

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
i just dl'd it and checked it again... the only thing i had changed from the one on mine was the heapgrowthlimit... i increased it to 128m... i have edited the attachment... the value is now set to 48m...

Is that your build prop edit and the egl patch mgr made in all one flashable zip?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ItsMoo

May 4, 2011
Visit site
7/15 aokp nightly seems to have fixed MY "insufficient storage" problem.. i went from 18mb free to 74mb internal free and was able to install an app. Hope it sticks! Thanks tdm! :thumbup:

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS Optimus V

Reactions: tdm

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for the reply! Makes sense.

Why does it work on Froyo roms? Sorry, I really have no idea what I'm talking about. But why isn't there a way to port that functionality from froyo roms to this rom?

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me, or is Goo.im down? App wouldn't load list, so tried the site, and the site won't load. Trying to get the newest AOKP nightly.

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply! Makes sense.

Why does it work on Froyo roms? Sorry, I really have no idea what I'm talking about. But why isn't there a way to port that functionality from froyo roms to this rom?

I think ics requires extra functionality from the decoder libs. If that is true, maybe someone could didassemble the libs, add the new functions, and repack them. But that won't be me, I don't know enough about the required functionality. And even if I did, my time is better spent with other things.

Reactions: andrewnelson23

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
7/15 aokp nightly seems to have fixed MY "insufficient storage" problem.. i went from 18mb free to 74mb internal free and was able to install an app. Hope it sticks! Thanks tdm! :thumbup:

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS Optimus V

Where is it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2