[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
anyone running aokp care to try a new modded build.prop?...
(nandroid beforehand)<--- in case you dont like it for whatever reason...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdk73aicug6134e/build.prop
feedback is appreciated... :)

-attached a list of added/adjusted lines/values to the build.prop from the 0715aokp nightly...

found here:
Geek Yogi ? Android - build.prop tweaks (Root Only)

* goes in system/ (in place of original)
* rename original .bak (in case you want to go back to the original and you didnt make a nandroid)

Hey, these look awesome, everyone loves scripts that make things smoother and faster. I have a suggestion however, and maybe you've done this already. Why not make a separate post for these, perhaps name them "quattrimus mods" and just make them flashable zips. Kind of like amphetamines but more specific?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey, these look awesome, everyone loves scripts that make things smoother and faster. I have a suggestion however, and maybe you've done this already. Why not make a separate post for these, perhaps name them "quattrimus mods" and just make them flashable zips. Kind of like amphetamines but more specific?

thanks, but its just some edits ive found... ill think about the thread idea... if nothing else i guess it would be nice for us to have a centralized location to test/discuss the efficacy/application of the many tweaks that are floating around... i.e. build.prop, init.d, egl, agps, etc...

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
OK.....downloaded CPU spy and it seems its not going in deep sleep...so that's where my battery is going I guess? ..what can I do to fix it?

Is this with cm or aokp? I think cm might have some deep sleep issues but aokp seems to work better.

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
thanks, but its just some edits ive found... ill think about the thread idea... if nothing else i guess it would be nice for us to have a centralized location to test/discuss the efficacy/application of the many tweaks that are floating around... i.e. build.prop, init.d, egl, agps, etc...

Is there a way to make them zips. It would be awesome to just flash over the rom. If its not a flashable script I tend to shy away. I have never changed any lines of code or scripts. Scares the crap out of me.

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
anyone running aokp care to try a new modded build.prop?...
(nandroid beforehand)<--- in case you dont like it for whatever reason...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdk73aicug6134e/build.prop
feedback is appreciated... :)

-attached a list of added/adjusted lines/values to the build.prop from the 0715aokp nightly...

found here:
Geek Yogi • Android - build.prop tweaks (Root Only)

* goes in system/ (in place of original)
* rename original .bak (in case you want to go back to the original and you didnt make a nandroid).

I'm running AOKP and I just swapped out the build prop. Seems smooth but I haven't had a chance to really check it out yet. I'll check back in a little later after some testing.

Rob

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Is this with cm or aokp? I think cm might have some deep sleep issues but aokp seems to work better.

I am running AOKP and I checked my CPUspy and it says I was not in deep sleep at all, but I left my phone off the charger last night and after more than 14 hours of just sitting, battery was at 89%. That's awesome!

Rob

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
as long as you make a nandroid before you modify anything youll be fine... if you dont see any difference, then you can restore your nand or delete the modified build.prop, rename the original back to build.prop, save, wipe cache/dalvik via recovery, reboot... and its back to the way it was... ill work on making a flashable zip to simplify things... :)

Reactions: jto101680

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
as long as you make a nandroid before you modify anything youll be fine... if you dont see any difference, then you can restore your nand or delete the modified build.prop, rename the original back to build.prop, save, wipe cache/dalvik via recovery, reboot... and its back to the way it was... ill work on making a flashable zip to simplify things... :)

I gave it a good testing and I found it would freeze and require a battery pull to reboot. I thought it might have to do with keeping the launcher in memory, but I couldn't find it using build prop editor from the market.

Anyway, let me know if you make some changes. I'll test it out again.

Rob