[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

varockchick

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm a noob and to be honest I don't know much when it comes to all this but something I noticed while sitting in front of my laptop and saving bookmarks to my phone ...they automatically appears in my bookmarks on the laptop....that's kinda cool...but annoying at the same time...guess that's what happens when you link your android to your Google account...lol...but all my old PC bookmarks went poof!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm a noob and to be honest I don't know much when it comes to all this but something I noticed while sitting in front of my laptop and saving bookmarks to my phone ...they automatically appears in my bookmarks on the laptop....that's kinda cool...but annoying at the same time...guess that's what happens when you link your android to your Google account...lol...but all my old PC bookmarks went poof!

o_O
I never knew that was possible.. using chrome?? I'm guessing?? I don't use chrome. :p
and you kinda have to link your phone to your Google account if you want to use the play store..
And like I said, I try to help out noobs the best I can, no matter how frustrating they can be. :D

sent from my un-dead sammich.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
@tdm
How's AOSP coming along?
I only ask because it seems like it's so far behind CM9 and AOKP now.. hasn't even reached early beta yet. Are you dropping AOSP? Or just not giving it as much attention as everything else?

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea tdm. In my opinion, if your gonna customize and trick out your phone, you need an ext partition to get the full experience. Plus it's a simple process. I miss the days back when i was a noob. Research first, ask questions as a last resort. It just gets painful when every 4 or 5 posts people ask the same question over and over. I say go for it tdm, but in the flashing instructions, just include a quick, simple instruction on making an ext partition or add a link to one of the in depth guides available. As far as doing a full wipe, as long as you use TB, it's painless. I would actually do a fresh install everytime you had an update. Well, until the nightlies, lol

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Reactions: diecastdonkey

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm running jb on my tablet without the vsync and triple buffering. (The Dev is waiting for the binary from TI) and it is still way smoother than ics. I like the idea of using sdext to make things fit. I have been using it forever, and its simple enough. Just label the thread advanced users only. If you get something going and need a guinea pig, pm me. My wife got a new phone and I'm a bit jealous so if the partitions ruin my phone in testing, I won't be too upset, I want a reason to get a new toy.

sent from my Nokia 5110

varockchick

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
o_O
I never knew that was possible.. using chrome?? I'm guessing?? I don't use chrome. :p
and you kinda have to link your phone to your Google account if you want to use the play store..
And like I said, I try to help out noobs the best I can, no matter how frustrating they can be. :D

yeah i'm using chrome.. I hate IE....don't care for Fire Fox either...makes me wonder if i save a bookmark on my PC if it would automatically show up on my phone...be nice if everytime i wiped and reflashed all my apps would automatically re-install....that happened ONCE....cant remember how i had my settings set to do that

YUP....save a bookmark on the PC and it shows up on my phone...this could prove to be very irritating

Last edited:

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah i'm using chrome.. I hate IE....don't care for Fire Fox either...makes me wonder if i save a bookmark on my PC if it would automatically show up on my phone...be nice if everytime i wiped and reflashed all my apps would automatically re-install....that happened ONCE....cant remember how i had my settings set to do that

YUP....save a bookmark on the PC and it shows up on my phone...this could prove to be very irritating

Are you on AOKP? I think my apps auto-installed the last time I flashed CM9, but it hasn't happened since I flashed AOKP. There's not a PlayStore setting, is there?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

varockchick

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you on AOKP? I think my apps auto-installed the last time I flashed CM9, but it hasn't happened since I flashed AOKP. There's not a PlayStore setting, is there?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I'm on aokp now....I have the settings set to sync but it doesn't work now.....flashed the latest nightly after a complete wipe and guess what?..
My phone NOW goes into deep sleep....YAY...lol..I wanna uninstall nova launcher...just stick with the rom's launcher...can I do that?

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
if you dont want your bookmarks to sync, delete ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter from your gapps.zip before you flash... :)

you can use whatever launcher you want as long as it supports 4.0... i use holo for both gb and ics... nova and launcher2 have always given me nothing but problems... just make sure you move whatever you choose to system/app before deleting the other(s)...

you can use any root capable file manager to add/delete apks, etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: varockchick

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm on aokp now....I have the settings set to sync but it doesn't work now.....flashed the latest nightly after a complete wipe and guess what?..
My phone NOW goes into deep sleep....YAY...lol..I wanna uninstall nova launcher...just stick with the rom's launcher...can I do that?

You can use Titanium Backup to uninstall it, or any system app.

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I can see enough issues with overriding partition sizes that it's not worth while.

Instead, I think moving /system/app files to /sd-ext/sysapp at boot might be a workable solution. Downsides include:

1. No sdcard, no boot.

2. Must boot into the rom to make space before flashing gapps. Possible workaround: package a custom gapps that installs to sdext.

Thats all I can really think of at the moment. Sounds pretty clean to me.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
OK got a curious question for the last day and half I've been running the 7/21 nightly oc @ 806/480 interactive with no rr :D then I had to reboot cause for some reason I accidentally changed my wallpaper and the icons weren't showing up weird right OK no worries after I rebooted it all is goo but now it won't oc at all with out rr . Btw I have mine set @600/480 on reboot interactive any ideas and fixes .

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

K

kobequintana

OK got a curious question for the last day and half I've been running the 7/21 nightly oc @ 806/480 interactive with no rr :D then I had to reboot cause for some reason I accidentally changed my wallpaper and the icons weren't showing up weird right OK no worries after I rebooted it all is goo but now it won't oc at all with out rr . Btw I have mine set @600/480 on reboot interactive any ideas and fixes .

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

You can just do a nandroid restore if u have 1 and if its from a diff. ROM u can just reinstall it

This Song Rocks:
Forever Given Forever You
By: Evanescence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naI5swhuoeI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane