[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

HOD1234

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
TDM I'm down for the idea! I got 2 gig. partition since ICS works great. I'm ready for any you through out! Your roms awesome! We all thank you and all other devs that work hard and long countless hours on these roms!! Thank you to all rom porters too!! :):p

Reactions: tdm

Super R

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm a noob and to be honest I don't know much when it comes to all this but something I noticed while sitting in front of my laptop and saving bookmarks to my phone ...they automatically appears in my bookmarks on the laptop....that's kinda cool...but annoying at the same time...guess that's what happens when you link your android to your Google account...lol...but all my old PC bookmarks went poof!

You can stop syncing bookmarks by going into system settings, accounts & sync, choose google account in question, uncheck box next to sync browser. Hope it helps :)

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
If this is the route we are taking all of us should get fast SDcards. I am looking into a 16gb class 10.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Real quick here guys. Just thought I would share since you guys were talking about buying sd cards. Just saw in the suggested for you section of my Amazon account a Sandisk Ultra HC 16 GB class 10 for 16.45 with free shipping. Carry on :p

Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If this is the route we are taking all of us should get fast SDcards. I am looking into a 16gb class 10.

I'm thinking about getting a 32GB soon.. my 16GB fills up too fast, not sure what class it is,(4 or 6?? Or other Sh**ty Walmart San disk class.) But it does work well enough for ICS.
Either way, I'm perfectly fine with using an ext for jb. Been using one since I rooted back in august and used link2sd with BACKside, so its nothing Im worried about, its become the norm for me.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

vB396530

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
He needs a computer to get the contents of his sdcard back... without one, everything that was on his sdcard (like photos, music, nandroids, other content), will be gone.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Google Drive install from market to phone backup everything then he can partition in recovery

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jto101680

skealoha86

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Google Drive install from market to phone backup everything then he can partition in recovery

After partitioning the card, he won't be able to install the ROM.... because the ROM image would have been downloaded to the phone's SD card, and partitioning the card erases everything on the card.

Unless he downloads the ROM, installs it, then partitions the card - but after partitioning, the ROM image will be erased.

It's very risky to flash a ROM, especially a nightly, without a backup. What if the ROM install fails and he can't install Google Drive because the phone won't boot? Better safe than sorry... and without a computer, there isn't any backup.

Better idea would be to flash the ROM, get a BRAND NEW SD CARD, swap it out with the old one, save the old card as a physical backup in case there are any problems, then partition the new SD card.

K

kobequintana

After partitioning the card, he won't be able to install the ROM.... because the ROM image would have been downloaded to the phone's SD card, and partitioning the card erases everything on the card.

Unless he downloads the ROM, installs it, then partitions the card - but after partitioning, the ROM image will be erased.

It's very risky to flash a ROM, especially a nightly, without a backup. What if the ROM install fails and he can't install Google Drive because the phone won't boot? Better safe than sorry... and without a computer, there isn't any backup.

Better idea would be to flash the ROM, get a BRAND NEW SD CARD, swap it out with the old one, save the old card as a physical backup in case there are any problems, then partition the new SD card.

Ok so after making a sdexit i cant flash roms

This Song Rocks:
Forever Given Forever You
By: Evanescence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naI5swhuoeI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

skealoha86

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
You can still flash ROMs, but only if you're still able to boot your phone. Sometimes a ROM install won't work, so you always want to keep a nandroid backup on your SD card - you might want to get a second SD card if you ever need to wipe your SD card (like if you need to partition the card to make and sdext).

If your phone boots up and sdext is working, you're good to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome