[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

K

kobequintana

You can still flash ROMs, but only if you're still able to boot your phone. Sometimes a ROM install won't work, so you always want to keep a nandroid backup on your SD card - you might want to get a second SD card if you ever need to wipe your SD card (like if you need to partition the card to make and sdext).

If your phone boots up and sdext is working, you're good to go!

Ok thank you and also google drice u can access from any thing so i can just back up my sd card to that and if it dont wrk i go to my GPA's use his computer and restore it

This Song Rocks:
Forever Given Forever You
By: Evanescence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naI5swhuoeI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys..couple things. I was thinking it might be a good idea to start a different thread on the whole sd discussion? Didn't do it yet because I thought I would ask for suggestions as what to name it. Second thing is I created a write up for the thread to explain the background and the process, and thought I'd see if a few of you that already knew how this works wouldn't mind kinda proof reading over it real quick? Don't mean to step on toes. Didn't think anyone would have a problem with getting this off the thread here. Thoughts?

Reactions: nitestalkr
K

kobequintana

Hey guys..couple things. I was thinking it might be a good idea to start a different thread on the whole sd discussion? Didn't do it yet because I thought I would ask for suggestions as what to name it. Second thing is I created a write up for the thread to explain the background and the process, and thought I'd see if a few of you that already knew how this works wouldn't mind kinda proof reading over it real quick? Don't mean to step on toes. Didn't think anyone would have a problem with getting this off the thread here. Thoughts?

You could name it The SD Card Thread

This Song Rocks:

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
K

kobequintana

Sorry. I should have been a little more specific. I guess I was wanting to know if we should make it a branch of this thread with the rom name included, or just a general thread. Never messed with creating a thread here before.

You dont have to include this thread just put the name of what the whole thing is about and after u put that put the process of making the sd ext if u want i can make it

This Song Rocks:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I like this idea, name it SD card discussion/How-to's.
It will help get rid of a lot of traffic here.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Reactions: jto101680

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just finally installed Quattrimus, the July 22 CM9 Nightly, and I'm loving it :D I've been using it for around 5 hours, and have not had a single problem. No reboots, no nothing. Coming from an old sticky build of BACKside, this ROM is just lightning fast.

Couple of things. First, my camera looks like this:View attachment 32044
Is it supposed to be kind of squished at the bottom like that? Also, panorama makes you restart before you can use the camera again. Not sure if this is a known bug.

Last, I'm pretty sure I made a 512mb partition, with a 0mb swap size, but my settings says 30mb used, 149mb free. Is this normal?

Other then those few things, awesome ROM!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: anthonycr and tdm

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
don't know if anyone has caught this yet:

AOKP nightly 7-22 soft reboots after trying to access the power menu while usb cable is attached.

STILL AWESOME!!!!!11!!1!!!one

edit: er...actually it seems to be soft resetting anytime i hold down the power button at all :/

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
don't know if anyone has caught this yet:

AOKP nightly 7-22 soft reboots after trying to access the power menu while usb cable is attached.

STILL AWESOME!!!!!11!!1!!!one

Never had that issue, and I rely on my USB cable to charger my phone with my computer, and I've used the power menu to take screen shots several times. I'm also on the 7/22 AOKP build. What's your clock speeds?? That usually plays a factor when running into soft reboots.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21