[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I honestly never broke down the difference either. I know the file size is double from small to regular (24 v. 49.6). Everybody says it works great on the S with CAI, but lots on the V have had problems with it

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I honestly never broke down the difference either. I know the file size is double from small to regular (24 v. 49.6). Everybody says it works great on the S with CAI, but lots on the V have had problems with it

I've never had issues with it, other than flashing it every time. But if using the full gapps doesn't require reflashing after each nightly, then I'm going to use the full gapps. Especially since quattrimus uses the sdext script. The small gapps was created before quattrimus had the ext script because of the limited space in early alpha builds. But now that the script is in quattrimus, its safe to use full gapps, especially sense you don't need to reflash every time, it'll save that extra 30 seconds - couple minutes when flashing.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

varockchick

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
OK...I'm still having issues with voice search....I put the gapps zip on my PC...unzipped it..took out voice search apk...rezipped it....put the zip on my SD card and tried to install it and it wouldn't install...I'm doing something wrong

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
OK...I'm still having issues with voice search....I put the gapps zip on my PC...unzipped it..took out voice search apk...rezipped it....put the zip on my SD card and tried to install it and it wouldn't install...I'm doing something wrong

let me guess, you are on windows. lol. I always had problems modifying zip files on windows. My advice would be to leave the zip alone and flash it, download a root capable file explorer off of the market, navigate to system/app, mount R/W, delete the voice search apk, reboot, then install voice search off of the market

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

There's no need to unzip it, just open it, and delete the apk, put it back on your SD card, and flash.
When you unzip it, you need to zip it up using the 'store' zip method instead of the 'compress' zip method.

Reactions: varockchick

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Exactly what are you doing when you flash an update, that makes gapps stick?
The one I tried(you provided) doesn't carry over when I flashed the 7/23 AOKP build.
All I do is wipe cache and dalvik cache.
Play store keeps closing before it loads. Same with all other Gapps content and my Google account.

Last edited:

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've never had to reflash gapps on a dirty flash. I just clear cache and dalvik first. The only time i have to is when doing a full wipe. I was using kraken most recently too.

Sent from my LG-VM670

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've never had to reflash gapps on a dirty flash. I just clear cache and dalvik first. The only time i have to is when doing a full wipe. I was using kraken most recently too.

Sent from my LG-VM670

I've always had to reflash gapps to get it working again, tried thekravens, and the latest ICS gapps. My account isn't synced to my phone, unless I flash gapps on a dirty flash.
I wipe cache and dalvik cache, flash quattrimus, and unless I wanna use gapps, I need to flash it too.
In the year that I've been rooted, I've always needed to flash gapps on top on the ROMs..

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Swagger.
Something, We, All, Got, Going, Everywhere, Right
"Swagger is for boys, class is for men."
Its basically a word, made by "thugs", "gangsters", or other groups of the African American youth in the hip-hop/rap community, to describe their "way with women", or style. It's their "mojo", if you will.
"Oooh boy, I like that swagger."
""He's got so much swagger, he's getting all the ladies!"
(Changed the above word choice, to be more appropriate.)

Reactions: Badboytoast

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
ahhhh i see...So if I'm in a really good mood and thoroughly enjoying my newest nightly I can just turn my "swagger" on...lol....I saw that in the toggles and was like WTF is that?

Careful, once you turn it on, you might not be able to turn it off... I had that issue once, and when I said it while hanging out with some friends, they looked at me and said, "and? What's the problem with that? Why would you WANT to turn odd your swagger?" Then when I mentioned it was my phone, they thought I was crazy!! xD

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what are you doing when you flash an update, that makes gapps stick?
The one I tried(you provided) doesn't carry over when I flashed the 7/23 AOKP build.
All I do is wipe cache and dalvik cache.
Play store keeps closing before it loads. Same with all other Gapps content and my Google account.

I wish I had some kind of gratifying answer about this, but I honestly don't. I don't do anthing special to it. I just wipe cache and dalvik, and falsh the new nightly and reboot the phone. Thats it.

Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had some kind of gratifying answer about this, but I honestly don't. I don't do anthing special to it. I just wipe cache and dalvik, and falsh the new nightly and reboot the phone. Thats it.

Ok, thanks for trying though, I don't really mind having to flash gapps each and every time, because like I said, I've always had to do it since day 1 of my flashing saga. Oh well. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22