[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so I was attempting to center my clock today with SystemUI edits, but when I tried pushing the modified SystemUI.apk back to my phone, the system wouldn't mount. I would type

Code:
adb remount
and I got
Code:
remount failed: Operation not permitted

So instead I had to go through and move the modded SystemUI to my SD Card and type all this:
Code:
C:\Users\Casey>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su
shell@android:/ # cd sdcard
cd sdcard
shell@android:/sdcard # busybox mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p24 /syste
m
 /dev/block/mmcblk0p24 /system                                                <
shell@android:/sdcard # busybox cp SystemUI.apk /system/app
busybox cp SystemUI.apk /system/app
shell@android:/sdcard # reboot
reboot

Any easier way to push SystemUI?

Also just an off topic question, do SystemUI and framework-res need to be signed before pushing them back? I thought system apps didn't require signing.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The sd card size is 2GB and i think i made the ext size the 3digit nber 1 that starts with 1 can i dele the ext

This Song Rocks:
Forever Given Forever You
By: Evanescence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naI5swhuoeI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A 2GB sdcard is too small for an ext, much less too small for doing hardly anything with android, try saving up some cash and goto somewhere like Walmart aNd get yourself an 8GB or higher sdcard.
Other than that, you're going to have to be EXTREMELY ocd about keeping some free space on your sdcard. Not that much will fit on only 2GB, especially with a 128MB partition, or any partition at all for that matter. So either get a larger sdcard, or stick to GB roms till you get one.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

K

kobequintana

A 2GB sdcard is too small for an ext, much less too small for doing hardly anything with android, try saving up some cash and goto somewhere like Walmart aNd get yourself an 8GB or higher sdcard.
Other than that, you're going to have to be EXTREMELY ocd about keeping some free space on your sdcard. Not that much will fit on only 2GB, especially with a 128MB partition, or any partition at all for that matter. So either get a larger sdcard, or stick to GB roms till you get one.

Ok thank you

This Song Rocks:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
KCLS, did you go into developer settings and give Root Access to both Apps and ADB?

2cwojkl.png

Last edited:

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
KCLS, did you go into developer settings and give Root Access to both Apps and ADB?

Yup. Tried with both apps and adb, and just adb. It works if I push it from the SD Card using busybox, but not pushing it straight from the computer.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Tried with both apps and adb, and just adb. It works if I push it from the SD Card using busybox, but not pushing it straight from the computer.

You can try editing/replacing the files within the ROM.zip(do NOT extract it) and then try flashing that..

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You can try editing/replacing the files within the ROM.zip(do NOT extract it) and then try flashing that..

Well I'm able to push it from the computer, just not as easily as on CM7. Ideally, I should be able to have the file on my computer, and push it to my phone with 2 commands, adb remount, and adb push. Now, though, I have to move the file to my SD Card and go through a whole slew of commands to push it. It's still easier then reflashing the whole ROM though.

Weird. If you're running linux by any chance, try killing the adb server and starting it again as root.

Unfortunately I'm on windows. Also does the SystemUI need to be signed? Every edit I do seems to make my status bar disappear when it gets replaced.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm able to push it from the computer, just not as easily as on CM7. Ideally, I should be able to have the file on my computer, and push it to my phone with 2 commands, adb remount, and adb push. Now, though, I have to move the file to my SD Card and go through a whole slew of commands to push it. It's still easier then reflashing the whole ROM though.

Unfortunately I'm on windows. Also does the SystemUI need to be signed? Every edit I do seems to make my status bar disappear when it gets replaced.

Try signing the apk to see if that fixes it, if not, the you probably need to edit a different line of code. Try following the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1773930

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Try signing the apk to see if that fixes it, if not, the you probably need to edit a different line of code. Try following the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1773930

Yeah, signing the APK was my next thing to try. It's funny, that's the guide I was following. If you look on page 4 and 5, you'll see lots of posts from me :p

vm_760

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Been using aokp since I flashed the first quattrimus in alpha but might give cm9 a shot for 24 hours tomorrow. Anything major in difference I need to know about? Was hoping to stray away from cm9 after all the cm7 builds I tried...soooo tired of watching the cyan skateboard guy on boot...lol

Sent from my twice fried OV using a Quattrimus pacemaker.

K

kobequintana

Been using aokp since I flashed the first quattrimus in alpha but might give cm9 a shot for 24 hours tomorrow. Anything major in difference I need to know about? Was hoping to stray away from cm9 after all the cm7 builds I tried...soooo tired of watching the cyan skateboard guy on boot...lol

Sent from my twice fried OV using a Quattrimus pacemaker.

To stop te random reboots but the cpu to 480/600 interactivex

This Song Rocks:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power