[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Been using aokp since I flashed the first quattrimus in alpha but might give cm9 a shot for 24 hours tomorrow. Anything major in difference I need to know about? Was hoping to stray away from cm9 after all the cm7 builds I tried...soooo tired of watching the cyan skateboard guy on boot...lol

Sent from my twice fried OV using a Quattrimus pacemaker.

All the cool custom stuff isn't there, but cm9 is a lot smoother than aokp, YouTube works in cm9, and if you get any random reboots, set your governor to savagedzen, its the most stable governor for quattrimus (CM9 delta, AOKP delta, and AOSP alpha), performance and interactiveX cause reboots, and set the Max to anything in the 700 range, and the min to 480 for best experience while using CM9.

And as for the boot animation, feel free to flash any of mine or sammyz boot animations from here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...tanimations by sammyz, nitestalkr, and others

sent from my un-dead sammich.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
O i just booted in to recovery and formatted the sd card nw i have 810 MB in sted of 3.45 MB

This Song Rocks:
Forever Given Forever You
By: Evanescence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naI5swhuoeI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Well at least you have more space now. I still strongly recommend you getting a larger SD card. At least an 8GB or 16GB, even a 32GB is fairly cheap now if your local Walmart carries them. The Walmart by my house has class 4 (a lil slow, but good enough for Android) 32GB San disk SD card for $27.88, I remember when a 4GB SD card was ~$30 and a 32GB was ~$60-$80.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The game informer app says isnt compatible any way to fix this?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Download from a 3rd party provider, put it on your SD card, and install it from there.
Just explaining what Nate meant by "side load it" in case you didn't understand.

Reactions: benslgdroid
K

kobequintana

Well at least you have more space now. I still strongly recommend you getting a larger SD card. At least an 8GB or 16GB, even a 32GB is fairly cheap now if your local Walmart carries them. The Walmart by my house has class 4 (a lil slow, but good enough for Android) 32GB San disk SD card for $27.88, I remember when a 4GB SD card was ~$30 and a 32GB was ~$60-$80.

I know im working on lol

This Song Rocks:

Compeek

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, it's pointless to buy anything less than 8 or 16 GB these days. You're not going to save any significant amount of money going with 4 GB.

For example, this 16 GB Class 4 SanDisk on Amazon is $8.90 shipped (click on 16 GB and Retail for packaging if it doesn't automatically select those). The 8 GB version is only $4.90. It's the exact same thing I have in my phone (except mine is 32 GB), and mine works perfectly well for my Optimus V with sd-ext and all. It's not super fast if you benchmark it, I'm sure, but I can't say I've noticed it slowing down anything.

Last edited:

varockchick

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to say as I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but on quattrimus beta 1 my phone will reliably enter deep sleep mode it seems only if airplane mode is turned on. It is not enough to just have data switched off, as that still seems to prevent it from sleeping. just something i noticed :)
Mine had the same issue....but now I'm running the nightly from the 23rd....I think mine deep sleep started working with the 21st nightly though

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Would a 4gb be good

This Song Rocks:

I would have to agree with Compeek, since sdcards have become so affordable compared to only 1-2 years ago, grab a larger size. 8GB should suffice if you don't have much music, or dont download many things, 16gb is good if you have a lot of music, and download frequently, 32GB is good if you have a large collection of music, and download several large files. I personally can fill up 2 32GB sdcards with my music library alone, which is why I plan on upgrading from 16GB to 32GB, and I download several things occasionally(I download several ROMs, tweaks, software, and do several backups), I eat up storage space like crazy, and clean out junk only when needed to. I'd say either an 8GB or a 16GB would be perfect for you.

varockchick

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking bout going back to cm9.... do I need to do a complete wipe or can.I just wipe cache and dalvic and reflash gapps?.... plus I like the achromatic theme..can I get that theme in cm9?

K

kobequintana

I would have to agree with Compeek, since sdcards have become so affordable compared to only 1-2 years ago, grab a larger size. 8GB should suffice if you don't have much music, or dont download many things, 16gb is good if you have a lot of music, and download frequently, 32GB is good if you have a large collection of music, and download several large files. I personally can fill up 2 32GB sdcards with my music library alone, which is why I plan on upgrading from 16GB to 32GB, and I download several things occasionally(I download several ROMs, tweaks, software, and do several backups), I eat up storage space like crazy, and clean out junk only when needed to. I'd say either an 8GB or a 16GB would be perfect for you.

Yeah i dont really use storage on my sd card i only have like 30 song 20 pictures and atleast to nandroids an to roms

This Song Rocks:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking bout going back to cm9.... do I need to do a complete wipe or can.I just wipe cache and dalvic and reflash gapps?.... plus I like the achromatic theme..can I get that theme in cm9?

Just wipe cache and dalvik cache, and flash cm9, and gapps.
You can use titanium backup from the market to backup achromatic theme, and restore it in cm9.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

Wiping cache and dalvik will do. Then gapps after the ROM. For the theme, either back up with Titanium Backup, or, using a file manager go to system/app folder, copy the theme apk, then go to sdcard folder and paste anywhere in there. I made a folder just for themes.

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

varockchick

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
ok tell me how since i just went back to cm9....when i go into settings apps the amount used on my internal storage is in the negatives?...negatives?....how is that possible?:eek:

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
ok tell me how since i just went back to cm9....when i go into settings apps the amount used on my internal storage is in the negatives?...negatives?....how is that possible?:eek:

Small bug in the new nightly I'm assuming.
@tdm would have a better explanation for it.
I'm sure its not really anything to worry about, unless you're getting insufficient space errors, are you?

varockchick

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Small bug in the new nightly I'm assuming.
@tdm would have a better explanation for it.
I'm sure its not really anything to worry about, unless you're getting insufficient space errors, are you?

I had to reflash gapps now it is back to normal....The digital clock widget is gone..imma have to down load one from the market...the analog one irritates me...lol

spoke too soon....in the negatives again....could it be because of my sd ext partition?...i have very few apps installed and i have them all on sd card

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I had to reflash gapps now it is back to normal....The digital clock widget is gone..imma have to down load one from the market...the analog one irritates me...lol

spoke too soon....in the negatives again....could it be because of my sd ext partition?...i have very few apps installed and i have them all on sd card

I still think its just a harmless bug. As long as its not causing any other issues, you should be fine.

Reactions: varockchick