[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Quick question. Just bought a new 16gb sd. Can I partition it after the rom is already flashed and set up? Or does it have to be before I flash? I bought this sd specifically so I could do this, seeing as I have no computer.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Without a pc, I don't know how you will backup your card before formatting it. You will lose all data on your card when you partition it!!!
If you set the partition up with CWM, wipe cache/dalvik and reboot. You should see that your internal memory is now near empty. Your storage submenu will not show your ext3 partition. SD Maid(free in play store) will show you exactly where everything is at.

Reactions: jto101680

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Quick question. Just bought a new 16gb sd. Can I partition it after the rom is already flashed and set up? Or does it have to be before I flash? I bought this sd specifically so I could do this, seeing as I have no computer.

It can be after. Flash the rom and gapps, then just partition the card before you reboot. Or you can reboot the phone to make sure the flash took, then reboot into recovery, format the card and partition it. If you don't format first, be sure to wipe the dalvik before you reboot.

EDIT: Actually if you need reference, I just did a big write up on this a few weeks ago. It's the top link in my signature

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Headset microphone

Has anyone got the headset microphone working in this rom? It looks like BobZ fixed it in his ICS rom, but it is still not working for me in Quattrimus.

Thanks to all who have worked on this project...it is amazing :)

I'll be looking at that soon. After I finish fixing bluetooth.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay .. here's the scoop.

The nightly builds are not so nightly anymore because there are frequently no changes to the source in any given day. For example, on cm9, the build was skipped on 7/28 and 7/30, while aokp skipped 7/28, 7/29, and 7/30. I will try to get some indicator pushed to say "no changes" in this case because it's confusing not knowing if the build failed or not.

Played around with bluetooth this morning. Found a way to prevent it from crashing. I will be testing throughout the day and it should be fixed for tomorrow's nightly. That might just push us to beta2.

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
he said he just bought the sdcard, so he shouldn't really have anything to backup on it.

Exactimundo! I'm gonna have a card w my partition and such (my ics sd) then a card w my music ect. I just purchased a radio for my vehicle that plays sd cards. Thats kind of where the idea came from.

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
It can be after. Flash the rom and gapps, then just partition the card before you reboot. Or you can reboot the phone to make sure the flash took, then reboot into recovery, format the card and partition it. If you don't format first, be sure to wipe the dalvik before you reboot.

EDIT: Actually if you need reference, I just did a big write up on this a few weeks ago. It's the top link in my signature

I think I understand the process. However, I have the rom up and running. Its been a day or so. Can I just put the new card in, partition, then reboot?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Srry for double posting lol thos gose to my previous post

Don't you have an sd-ext? Just go into recovery and wipe your cache. Once your internal storage shows less than about 100mb, it always causes problems with play store downloads. Also make sure all your apps are on your ext and not your phone. The other option is to clear app data.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think I understand the process. However, I have the rom up and running. Its been a day or so. Can I just put the new card in, partition, then reboot?

Put the new card in, partition, go ahead and clear the dalvik just to be sure its clean (and yes partitioning the card does erase the card, this is just to be sure) then reboot.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Exactimundo! I'm gonna have a card w my partition and such (my ics sd) then a card w my music ect. I just purchased a radio for my vehicle that plays sd cards. Thats kind of where the idea came from.

One suggestion I can make to you.... if youre going to be swapping cards pretty consistently, you may want to make sure you have a copy of rom, gapps, etc. on both cards just incase something happens. A copy of your CWM backup on both may not be a bad idea either.

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
One suggestion I can make to you.... if youre going to be swapping cards pretty consistently, you may want to make sure you have a copy of rom, gapps, etc. on both cards just incase something happens. A copy of your CWM backup on both may not be a bad idea either.

Yeah, the first thing I would do after the partition is a nandroid backup. Thanks for your help. Sounds like I'll need sd maid to makes sure it takes. Time to give this a try. Thanks again strabo

varockchick

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I have made an observation between the cm9 and the aokp....seems on cm9 my phone doesn't go into deep sleep....with aokp it does....is there any way to get the phone into deep sleep on cm9? I seem to like the cm9 better....but can't stand the battery drain...and with the latest nightly i have noticed even with the cpu set to 480/600 on interactivex the cpu is still all over the place on cm9

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the first thing I would do after the partition is a nandroid backup. Thanks for your help. Sounds like I'll need sd maid to makes sure it takes. Time to give this a try. Thanks again strabo

Not a problem :cool:

K

kobequintana

is their a form for the cricket samsung muvmusic and if there is could i have a link

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
1am, huh? Ugh, fun times indeed! Glad you got them though!

Your G-1 first look video today was great! I love that you can add Folders to the Home screen and put stuff in it like your games. Sweet!

Just download one of them. There are just multiple downloads in case one fails due to a lot of traffic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz