[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

monepone

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
About stability with overclocking... Just going to add in my own experience here. I've never been able to overclock a lot like some of you and maintain stability. Right now I have my v clocked at 768/480. What I have noticed is that the only scaling governor I can use and still have good stability when overclocked is performance. As long as I keep it on performance my v is very stable, I've tried some of the others like savagedzen, smartassv2, ondemand and interactivex and I get a lot of random reboots and freezes with those.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Is there a workaround for Netflix yet? If you could download netflix videos I could play them with MX Player, but I do not believe that is possible.

Sort of. I found out how to do it, but it's definitely not the greatest solution ever. First, it costs(two week free trial) 5 bucks/month, and second, you must have your computer on in order to watch movies(it'll still work while you're away from the computer, it just has to be on and connected to internet.

Here's the thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...06-how-get-netflix-hulu-working-ics-roms.html

Note: it also gets MANY other channels too. cbs, nbc, abc, youtube, pandora, espn, TONS of other channels. oh and hulu+ :) Only netflix and hulu require account.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few PM's regarding this issue today, and I know there are other's still trying to figure it out, so I thought I'd share some info here. Those of you who are wanting voice dial, and are unable to get it to work. You need to delete the voice dial and voice search that you currently have on your phone, then install the voice search from the market. Yes I know, dial and search are two different things, been there done that. The new voice search app has the voice dial included in it.. That's why when everyone searches the market they find voice search and not voice dial. So erase those two files, and install voice search. Then you will have both. I did this weeks ago and have had dial and search ever since. :cool:

EDIT: LINK https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...UuYW5kcm9pZC52b2ljZXNlYXJjaCJd&token=V99t2tQJ

Reactions: jayleekay
K

kobequintana

I think virgin mobile should stop being so cheep and just keep the OV's up to date but than again it will take out the fun of having an android (being able to root and install roms)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Google didn't push it with mdpi support. I don't think.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Very few "high" end mdpi phones received official ICS updates.
I'll see if i can dig up my source.
The Motorola Xoom is the only mdpi device that I can remember receiving an official ICS update so far, I'm looking at a list of which devices ICS is going to be coming to devices this year.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Last edited:

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
ok im not really sure what im doing wrong i went and tried to install all my app from my last phon(Razr Maxx) 100+app and ran out on space so i went and did the SD partition for 512 MB but i still dont have any space...?

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
ok im not really sure what im doing wrong i went and tried to install all my app from my last phon(Razr Maxx) 100+app and ran out on space so i went and did the SD partition for 512 MB but i still dont have any space...?

Wipe cache and dalvik cache, and reflash the rom.
The SD-ext script will take effect after reflashing.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm, I think the system is reading sdcard free memory wrong, because I should still have around 5gb left. Not 1.5....
1879112d-6b5d-3240.jpg

Sent from my Quattrimized AOKP OV.

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
@tdm Thank you for the BT fix! The BT reboot was a bit annoying from what was a solid rom; your fix has made the rom near perfect!

I'd like to report a minor bug/lack of functionality. I use a BT handsfree speakerphone/FM transmitter. It seems the play/pause button does not work with CM9 but did work well with CM7. Again, this is by no means a showstopper for me but it is handy to just press a button rather than navigate to the app to pause it.

Again, thanks so much for all your hard work. We all appreciate it.

Reactions: tdm

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Wipe cache and dalvik cache, and reflash the rom.
The SD-ext script will take effect after reflashing.

No need to wipe data? Also any work around for overclocking? Every time I try the phone reboots even at only 729 MHz. Sorry for asking so much just alot has changed since I last used this phone in August 2011.

This rom has the best battery life out there!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
No need to wipe data? Also any work around for overclocking? Every time I try the phone reboots even at only 729 MHz. Sorry for asking so much just alot has changed since I last used this phone in August 2011.

This rom has the best battery life out there!

Correct, no need to wipe data.
Try 729max 600min on savagedzen.
You just gotta spend a lil trial and error messing with several combinations to find what works best for your phone.

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I just saw my LG Optimus V roaming in a low-signal area. Is that actually possible with this ROM?

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Also...check this out, lol. 179 MB of space but I can hold 322 MB, lol. This must be do to the sd-ext, I assume?