[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually have a problem with charging while powered off. On CM7, if the phone was off and charging, it would show the battery screen. When I hit the power button, while it was still on the charger, the phone would reboot, and boot up into android. On CM9, when I try to turn on the phone while its plugged in, it just reboot right back into the offline charging screen. In order to get it to boot into Android, I have to unplug the phone, turn it on, and then plug the phone back in. Is this a known issue?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Don't know offhand why that would be.

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Or make it so that the phone only enters offline charging if the battery percentage is below a certain point, like below 15%-20% from a powered off state.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Not good if you will need alarm on. I had some reboot while on charger when I was sleeping . Offline charging = no alarm. I do have backup alarm, so no big problem for me, but generally better idea is online charging automatically .

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't know offhand why that would be.

With that said! I meant to ask:

How would one remove Offline Charging? I deleted files that said bootinages and charger animations to be greeted with a LG loop. I battery pulled and it booted back up and the file were back.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

How would one remove Offline Charging? I deleted files that said bootinages and charger animations to be greeted with a LG loop. I battery pulled and it booted back up and the file were back.

Something in the boot sequence is seeing those missing and rewriting them. What that is or how to stop that is out of my range.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Something in the boot sequence is seeing those missing and rewriting them. What that is or how to stop that is out of my range.

And the only dev that I can think of that fixed the offline charging to only charge when below a certain percent, was JerryScript, but it seems he'd opt'd out, for good..

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
And the only dev that I can think of that fixed the offline charging to only charge when below a certain percent, was JerryScript, but it seems he'd opt'd out, for good..

Tdm got offline charging working right on iho if I remember correctly.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: a5pe4

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I forget who said their phone said it was roaming but mine did to while I hit a dead zone out of town trying to load weatherbug.
When "roaming" its they same as searching for signal no calls no data.
Screenshot_2012-08-04-17-08-05.png

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Unpack boot.img, remove the line that execs chargerlogo in init.rc, repack, and flash with flash_image.

moosemauler

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
This is my first time posting to this forum because I?ve never had a problem with the Quattrimus CM9 ROM. Great job TDM, it works great. Smoother than any CM7 ROM I?ve used(IHO, Mirage, Harmonia, etc.) I have been running it since it became Beta.
The only problem I?m having is that I can?t assign custom ringtones to individual contacts in my Contacts list. I?ve tried setting up individual ringtones with Google Contacts and Go Contacts.
When I assign a custom ringtone to an individual in the Contacts list it shows the custom ringtone that I chose, but when I get an incoming call from that person the phone always rings with the Default ringtone. Has anyone else had a similar problem. I?ve read this entire thread and I see no reference to this situation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: tdm

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

No offense tdm, but I hate this answer. I appreciate that you went ahead and explained it, but how are people supposed to learn without asking? Just doesn't make sense.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No offense tdm, but I hate this answer. I appreciate that you went ahead and explained it, but how are people supposed to learn without asking? Just doesn't make sense.

If he had added "... without doing a lot more reading first." It's true though, there's a lot of stuff that your average user shouldn't be trying, at least until they've done a lot more reading on the subject. But we should try to point them in the right direction, as tdm did.

Reactions: sellers86

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm not against learning. But it takes initiative and research to make these changes. Without these, you're going to get stuck and/or be asking a continuous stream of questions. A few google searches or looking through my github would easily turn up the required changes, so anyone asking is not taking much initiative. No offense, but I'm not much of a dev tutor -- few are.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Any one having issues with apple mail? (@me.com)? Keeps telling me that it couldnt sign in anymore. It is working fine on my ipad but just is kinda bugging me that it keeps poping up.... Should I just remove the Whole email and add it again?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not against learning. But it takes initiative and research to make these changes. Without these, you're going to get stuck and/or be asking a continuous stream of questions. A few google searches or looking through my github would easily turn up the required changes, so anyone asking is not taking much initiative. No offense, but I'm not much of a dev tutor -- few are.

Alright. I only ask you or anyone questions if a Google search returns nothing. Just my two cents and I appreciate all the work you and every other devs do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz