[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Got the new multi-rom scripts up and running, and did a first successful install using them. The system is not booting, though, and I don't know whether that is due to my kernel changes or due to using Linaro to compile the kernel. I'll go back to the other toolchain tomorrow to see if that fixes it.

Details:

multi-rom is a way to package up all the files for a phone family into a single ROM. In this case LS670, VM670, and VS660. The install script detects the phone model at install time and patches up the files that are different.

For the thunderc family, we have always had a different kernel for each model. I modified the kernel slightly to detect the model at boot time and react accordingly. Right now this just makes the keymap correct. Future changes may tweak the ami304 driver for the VS660, use a different screen driver for the MS690, etc.

The remaining files are system props, the MMS settings, and some of the proprietary files on the VS660. All together, the binary patches to support these are less than 1mb.

So this will reduce both build and upload time by about 2/3 at the expense of adding less than 1mb to the ROM. Not bad. :)

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Got the new multi-rom scripts up and running, and did a first successful install using them. The system is not booting, though, and I don't know whether that is due to my kernel changes or due to using Linaro to compile the kernel. I'll go back to the other toolchain tomorrow to see if that fixes it.

Details:

multi-rom is a way to package up all the files for a phone family into a single ROM. In this case LS670, VM670, and VS660. The install script detects the phone model at install time and patches up the files that are different.

For the thunderc family, we have always had a different kernel for each model. I modified the kernel slightly to detect the model at boot time and react accordingly. Right now this just makes the keymap correct. Future changes may tweak the ami304 driver for the VS660, use a different screen driver for the MS690, etc.

The remaining files are system props, the MMS settings, and some of the proprietary files on the VS660. All together, the binary patches to support these are less than 1mb.

So this will reduce both build and upload time by about 2/3 at the expense of adding less than 1mb to the ROM. Not bad. :)

That is amazing work. I haven't ever seen any developer do anything like this. Did you get this idea from someone else or is this all a product of tdm's geniusness? This could actually be a huge advancement for all android development, imagine how much less of a hassle web hosting would be, if this caught on

sent from my Nokia 5110

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So ever since flashing the egl patch I've been able to overclock cm9 beta 2 with pretty much zero problems. But, why is my download speeds so dang low. At like 25 kbps opposed to 178kbps I got early this morning while running my GTR cm7. I'm stumped. Maybe its just network traffic .

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Spoke too soon I guess. Seems my AOKP beta 2 is handling the OC better then CM9. Is there major differences between the 2?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That is amazing work. I haven't ever seen any developer do anything like this. Did you get this idea from someone else or is this all a product of tdm's geniusness? This could actually be a huge advancement for all android development, imagine how much less of a hassle web hosting would be, if this caught on

sent from my Nokia 5110

Imagine if one of the huge devs like cyanogenmod caught onto this (if they dont do it already).
Maybe then we could get official support??

sent from my G-T-R Reloaded V

Reactions: inceyet

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Imagine if one of the huge devs like cyanogenmod caught onto this (if they dont do it already).
Maybe then we could get official support??

sent from my G-T-R Reloaded V

Doubt it. Its not like they could make one rom for every phone supported. The phones would have to be very similar.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

sent from my Nokia 5110

AFAIK it's a fresh idea. It's kind of a common pattern for cdma phones.

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
@ TDM - is it just me or does AOKP lack the option under messaging settings for 'sent' time stamp for received texts? I like turning my phone on and when the messages come in I wanna see when they were originally sent, not when they downloaded to my phone.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
@ TDM - is it just me or does AOKP lack the option under messaging settings for 'sent' time stamp for received texts? I like turning my phone on and when the messages come in I wanna see when they were originally sent, not when they downloaded to my phone.

Don't know, I haven't used it for a few Weeks. Just got cm9 on my marquee last week....

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't know, I haven't used it for a few Weeks. Just got cm9 on my marquee last week....

Yeah cuz cm9 has the option but seems aokp doesn't. Are there significant differences between the 2 other then that? Kernels?

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm on nightly build CM9 20120721 and I found a bug.
If you have the camera open and then you lock the screen and then unlock it the whole screen will be blue and green and fuzzy. If you exit the camera app it returns to normal but it always happens once you lock the screen with the camera app open

Reactions: tdm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt