[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Potential bug. I reported several pages back that sometimes my phone doesn't lock. Hit the power button, and there's the home screen - no lock screen. I've noticed it's does it a couple of times a day. When the lock screen does decide to work, it kicks in regardless of whether you're using the phone or not. I haven't been able to spot any pattern to the behavior yet, but I'm keeping an eye on it. I don't use a pattern or anything, just the regular lock screen. I'm not bothered by it, but others might be...

sent from the hip.

Reactions: sellers86

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
You could go to the setting of the default profile and select lock screen insecure. Then go to lockscreens and set one up. It won't actually lock your screen, but that might fix your problem. You can't pull down notifications from lock screen if you do this though.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Well on the htc dream and sapphire, we have 4 different radio/spl combinations each requiring different kernels. Many recent roms automatically detect and install the needed one in the updater-script. What tdm described seems a lot more awesome than that.

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to say thanks for this ROM; it's awesome on my phone.

Unfortunate that the wi-fi AP doesn't work since my nexus 7 doesn't accept ad-hoc networks. Maybe I'll root my nexus 7 to make it work.

Reactions: tdm

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experienced this? On AOKP beta 2, toggled airplane mode and phone data won't work now. Toggled data a few times and still no luck. Flashed my gtr cm7 rom and data works fine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone experienced this? On AOKP beta 2, toggled airplane mode and phone data won't work now. Toggled data a few times and still no luck. Flashed my gtr cm7 rom and data works fine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Did you try turning off airplane mode?
And the rebooting?

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So how do I check? If there's an update? Where will it say it? And do I just flash it or would I have to wipe everything? And does anyone know a good video player? Mx player isn't working.

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So how do I check? If there's an update? Where will it say it? And do I just flash it or would I have to wipe everything? And does anyone know a good video player? Mx player isn't working. And is it possible to add adobe flash player somehow?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Well on the htc dream and sapphire, we have 4 different radio/spl combinations each requiring different kernels. Many recent roms automatically detect and install the needed one in the updater-script. What tdm described seems a lot more awesome than that.

No disrespect to the devs, but that just seems wasteful. I mean, if one distro kernel binary can drive pretty much all the different x86 pc's in the world, then it must be possible to get one kernel binary to drive different basebands on a single phone model.

Sure, it takes a bit of time to sort out the differences and make one binary compatible with all of them, but it's totally worth it. Each kernel adds like 3mb to the ROM binary.

Reactions: nitestalkr

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Got a successful CM9 multi-rom install on my VM670. The installer detected the phone baseband and model, and applied patches to the appropriate files. I'll be doing AOKP next, and then updating github and probably pushing out beta3 as a multi-rom.

I'm also sorting out the thunderc specific stuff in the Quattrimus build tree because the Marquee doesn't like it. Specifically the baseband hack. That's going to get pushed back to RIL.java and conditionally run only if the board name is thunderc. Likewise, the Marquee requires some special code to get 3G running, which will conditionally run only if the board name is sniper.

PS. The problem with my kernel was the Linaro toolchain. I guess Linaro 4.6 doesn't compile GingerKernel properly, at least by default.

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Lmfao! I've had my evo for 2 weeks an I've made 4 calls.

AOKP anything ;)
Yeah, I've made 2 or 3 calls in the last MONTH!

I'm probably gonna move to a GNex on TMo's 30 dollar a month plan. Only 100 minutes (though 5GB 4G and Unlimited Text). but hey- who needs minutes!