[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
For the flash custom rom should I use the ics at getquattrimus.com

Stick to everything in that guide, and when you have decent experience with flashing various roms and have an understanding of what is involved in android development, then you will be able to safely flash this rom.
ICS is still under development, so there are still several things wrong with it, stick to gingerbread for a while first.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm still working through how to deal with languages between thunderc and sniper. The thunderc can really only accept English and Spanish or it grows too large. The current quattrimus code simply removed other language files. But the sniper folks have requested other languages, so I need to figure out how to make those coexist.

In the meantime, I've uploaded a CM9 test ROM to see how the multi-rom thing goes. It's built from a new tree on the server, but should be pretty much the same as the old tree (hopefully). This contains the multi-rom stuff, of course, and also the conditional code for the RIL that does baseband magic for thunderc and 3G magic for sniper.

You may notice that it's a bit larger than beta2. About half of the difference is due to the multi-rom files, and half due to the inclusion of FR, IT, and DE dictionaries in LatinIME (because I haven't sorted those out yet).

This is not well tested. Have a backup handy!

quattrimus-thunderc-cm9-beta3pre.zip

Flashed fine on my V. Nice work tdm. :D
New Kernel?

Reactions: tdm

whatthefreak

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else experience browser crashes in beta1? I'm wondering if that was at least partially fixed in beta2.

Now I'm thinking I can use an alternative like opera. Hmm.

K

kobequintana

Hey what processor settings do you guys recommend for this rom?

Depends
CM9: 480/600 INTERACTIVEX
AOKP: 480/7XX SAVAGEZEN
The XX are the rest of the number you choose in the 700s

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

anon(806639)

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey tdm! Nice work on the ROM. Been using Beta 2 for the last weekish now, updated from beta pre3 lol. Glad to see all the hard work being put into this, I'm sure a lot of us appreciate it, myself included.

I do have a curious question for you though, or anyone else willing. How hard would it be to patch the wpa_supplicant to be able to see Adhoc wifi networks? I think it would be just a little added bonus to the rom, so I wouldn't fret over it.
Here's a link to the page with the patch itself: szym.net ? Ad-hoc Wifi in Android

I would attempt to compile it myself, as it would be useful for me, but I'm lost on how to start. Sorry, new here lol. In reality I'm trying to compile one for my tablet, so I can use my phone as a hotspot for it, but as mentioned, i'm a bit lost.

Reactions: tdm

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Using beta2 and it's default messaging program. I can't seem to get the SMS notifications to vibrate. Anyone else?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Using beta2 and it's default messaging program. I can't seem to get the SMS notifications to vibrate. Anyone else?

Messaging app>>settings>>notifications>>vibrate

You have to have it enabled in both messaging settings and global settings

Reactions: sellers86

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
@tdm hey I'm going later to buy an lg optimus T. I don't plan on activating it or anything like that but just for something at home with wifi. If I flashed your rom on it could it have any problems?

Depends
CM9: 480/600 INTERACTIVEX
AOKP: 480/7XX SAVAGEZEN
The XX are the rest of the number you choose in the 700s

Thank you, is there a reason that you recommend setting it to 480 instead of lower?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
@tdm hey I'm going later to buy an lg optimus T. I don't plan on activating it or anything like that but just for something at home with wifi. If I flashed your rom on it could it have any problems?

Thank you, is there a reason that you recommend setting it to 480 instead of lower?

For the first part, the OV version would probably have issues. as for the second, anything below 480 drains your battery and is pretty much worthless. lol

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm! Nice work on the ROM. Been using Beta 2 for the last weekish now, updated from beta pre3 lol. Glad to see all the hard work being put into this, I'm sure a lot of us appreciate it, myself included.

I do have a curious question for you though, or anyone else willing. How hard would it be to patch the wpa_supplicant to be able to see Adhoc wifi networks? I think it would be just a little added bonus to the rom, so I wouldn't fret over it.
Here's a link to the page with the patch itself: szym.net ? Ad-hoc Wifi in Android

I would attempt to compile it myself, as it would be useful for me, but I'm lost on how to start. Sorry, new here lol. In reality I'm trying to compile one for my tablet, so I can use my phone as a hotspot for it, but as mentioned, i'm a bit lost.

My V with quattrimus CM9 flashed can already pick up Ad-hoc. I use it at home. :D

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have problems on tango or oovoo when their in a video chat and plug headphones in..... the mic on the phone won't work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Messaging app>>settings>>notifications>>vibrate

You have to have it enabled in both messaging settings and global settings

Yeah, I did that. In the messaging I put it to vibrate always, and have tried multiple vibration patterns. I also have it to globally vibrate through using the sound control toggle in the notification menu (sound and vibrate enabled). Other UI elements use the vibrate just fine, just not my SMS. :-\

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have problems on tango or oovoo when their in a video chat and plug headphones in..... the mic on the phone won't work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

This bug is present in IHO (Gingerbread) on calls. This might be something similar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois