[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
No, the humor lies in the irony. To port a rom to a new handset, you need to replace some files in the target from a base. Well, those files are the only difference between cm9 and aokp, so my end result rom was ...cm9! D'oh!

sent from my non iPhone

I think your doing it wrong... if I remember right, you are supposed to take the folders from aokp and put them in cm9...

Wheellzz

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
So this has happened to me before, and now once again. I've lost some system UI sounds and keyboard tap sounds... Before, I reflashed after formatting SD card, issue fixed. However Saturday i noticed the sounds had stopped once again, formatted sd, reflashed CM9 Beta 2, no system UI sounds. Not having them isn't really a deal breaker, but i'm curious as to why they've stopped working. the only change i've made to my phone was to ditch Friendcaster and retry Facebook...I've done some restoring using titanium backup, could it be somewhere along the way some system settings have been corrupted? (NOTE, all the system UI sounds are in \system\media\ui like they're supposed to be, when i go to type w. keyboard sounds enabled, and headphones plugged i hear the system try to make noise, but no taps. Kinda stumped, any ideas?
EDIT: I've tried multiple keyboards, no sounds....

Last edited:

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So this has happened to me before, and now once again. I've lost some system UI sounds and keyboard tap sounds... Before, I reflashed after formatting SD card, issue fixed. However Saturday i noticed the sounds had stopped once again, formatted sd, reflashed CM9 Beta 2, no system UI sounds. Not having them isn't really a deal breaker, but i'm curious as to why they've stopped working. the only change i've made to my phone was to ditch Friendcaster and retry Facebook...I've done some restoring using titanium backup, could it be somewhere along the way some system settings have been corrupted? (NOTE, all the system UI sounds are in \system\media\ui like they're supposed to be, when i go to type w. keyboard sounds enabled, and headphones plugged i hear the system try to make noise, but no taps. Kinda stumped, any ideas?
EDIT: I've tried multiple keyboards, no sounds....

When you restored with TB, did you restore only the apps or did you include data? That will corrupt your rom if anything else...I stopped using TB and went with mybackup root and its worked every time. Remember, do not include any data!

I'll take AOKP anything ;)

Reactions: Wheellzz

Wheellzz

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
When you restored with TB, did you restore only the apps or did you include data? That will corrupt your rom if anything else...I stopped using TB and went with mybackup root and its worked every time. Remember, do not include any data!

I did restore data... i'll reflash w.o data and see what happens

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I do have a curious question for you though, or anyone else willing. How hard would it be to patch the wpa_supplicant to be able to see Adhoc wifi networks? I think it would be just a little added bonus to the rom, so I wouldn't fret over it.
Here's a link to the page with the patch itself: szym.net ? Ad-hoc Wifi in Android

I would attempt to compile it myself, as it would be useful for me, but I'm lost on how to start. Sorry, new here lol. In reality I'm trying to compile one for my tablet, so I can use my phone as a hotspot for it, but as mentioned, i'm a bit lost.

Thanks for the link. It looks old. But it references a previous post which has a comment from a TF101 owner running ICS that seems to indicate it works now...?

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I did restore data... i'll reflash w.o data and see what happens

Going from rom to rom, even just an update can include extra files or changes that your programs may not have anymore.

I know its a pain redoing all the account settings, but trust me its the only way to do it.

xaphoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
In my last post I mentioned that since installing the AOKP version of Quattrimus, I can't get to the "reboot to recovery" menu. I can't seem to get to recovery by hitting home+volumedown+power either. Since I want to switch back to CM9, how do I get to recovery in AOKP? I'm stuck.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out how to do it through Goomanager.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I found that using ClockSync works, it's just the status bar clock that won't update. Try using a status bar replacement (try Jellybean 4.1 Statusbar for the same look) and the clock keeps up just fine with me then. Anyone else?

agrinc95

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I searched and couldn't find it.

So I partitioned my SD card for Beta1, and it works perfectly. But what is the process for installing Beta2 with a partition and keeping the titanium backup data? I did it the normal way, but when I went to install my apps from Titanium Backup, there was no data for anything. Is there a special process for wiping and flashing a rom with a partitioned SD Card?

reverendjoe

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this has been mentioned before: the gallery is not able to play videos recorded by the phone, as everyone knows, but it IS able to play other mp4 files without any difficulty whatsoever. As I never really need it, I didn't bother downloading any extra players or codec packs.

It seems strange to me that it would play other videos fine, just not videos recorded by the phone. That is all :)

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick note to say that I'm using the first multi-device ROM (cm9) and had 7% battery life after a little more than 48 hours from being removed from the charger. Yes, Quattrimus CM9 has allowed me two full days without needing an electrical outlet.

Granted, I have not installed Swype or FB, haven't used BT at all, and only use GPS as needed. And I haven't been traveling around the region. But my usage has been normal (for me), and after several frustrating days of using ROMs that gave me very poor battery life, this is a very welcome change. Props to TDM!

For the curious, my OC settings are 480/600 with the msm7k governor.

Sent from my Quattrimized abacus.

Last edited:

sega dude

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this to my Optimus V and it works great. Except it won't charge via the wall adaptor anymore, only USB. I forgot to put the gapps on my SD card so I flashed them after the first boot of the ROM. Could that have something to do with it? Please help. Yes, I did make a nandroid backup before I flashed the ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63