[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a persistent issue with cm9 (quattrimus, bobzhome, CAI). I've tried them all and the same issue comes to the surface. Every time I leave my phone unattended for a while (off the charger of course) it will enter a comatose state ( black screen, and no buttons responding ( power key, volume rocker, camera, the one next to the camera, menu, home, back and search)) and the only way to get it going again is to pull the battery out and back in.

Does somebody else struggles with the same issue? And.if you are not sure, try leaving your phone on overnight without the charger plugged in. Also silent mode, set an alarm, wifi and BT off.

I would really appreciate feedback on this because its the only thing making me go back to cm7

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I used to have the same issue. Reflash fixed it. However, I was using beta2 when I had the issue, now I'm on a nightly. You could try that; I haven't had the issue anymore.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I have 258MB of app storage on internal memory. Thing is, that the apps are all actually on sd-ext (I've checked multiple times, and this is correct) and mounted to /data/app. Is it possible that the system is reporting /data/app usage as internal usage, even though it's on an external sd-ext? How would this be fixed? I've "hit" the memory cap, even though I'm using sd-ext.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I followed the Cold As Ice and Quattrimus threads for a long time, but then got busy and stopped. Would somebody please fill me in and save me from reading 50 more pages of posts? It seems that the same key bugs (showstoppers for me) have remained for a long time with little progress. Is the progress stalled due to lack of drivers (or driver wrappers)? If so, is anybody actively working on that? Or are these bugs likely to remain unresolved?

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
There's been a lot of shark sightings along the East coast lately. But don't think about them, have fun. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

poweredge99

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
There's been a lot of shark sightings along the East coast lately. But don't think about them, have fun. :thumbup:

..... Sharks have a week dedicated to him....
.. He is the world's most interesting dev..

... Have fun. My kids start school Monday.. Summers over here..

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk ? to here.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
..... Sharks have a week dedicated to him....
.. He is the world's most interesting dev..

... Have fun. My kids start school Monday.. Summers over here..

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk ? to here.

The most interesting dev in the world? Somebody call dos equis! Time for a new commercial :D

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
There isn't much detail on the remaining bugs (for LS670). Would somebody please tell me how bad they are?
1) HQ video. Can I watch SD YouTube videos no problem?
2) Deep sleep bug/power drain. How bad is it? How much less battery life relative to GB ROMs?
3) Clock lag. Would my phone likely becom unreliable as a timepiece? As an alarm clock?
4) Random reboots. Roughly how frequent (on an LS670)?

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know if SprintTV works on Quattrimus?

Anybody know if the Dish (Network Sling) app works on Quattrimus?

College football season starts this week so I want need access to televised games. :D

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
There isn't much detail on the remaining bugs (for LS670). Would somebody please tell me how bad they are?
1) HQ video. Can I watch SD YouTube videos no problem?
2) Deep sleep bug/power drain. How bad is it? How much less battery life relative to GB ROMs?
3) Clock lag. Would my phone likely becom unreliable as a timepiece? As an alarm clock?
4) Random reboots. Roughly how frequent (on an LS670)?

I'm on an Optimus V, so I'll answer what I can.

1) YouTube SD should run just fine

2) Depends on how you use the phone. For me, I can get through a whole day just fine. There is a large difference in battery life between ICS and GB, but really, you should just try the ROM yourself to see if it will work for you.

3) The alarm will work fine, IF you keep the screen on (use the click app), or use an app called ClockSync. Using ClockSync (interval at 30sec,and strict intervals) will make your phone give the right time. HOWEVER, you may want to remove the clock from the stars bar just use a digital clock widget for your time, as the status bar and lock screen don't update correctly.

4) On the V, I don't get reboots very often.

Reactions: RazzMaTazz

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
AOKP beta 2

is there a trick to get my OV to automatically switch between wi-fi and 3g? when i get home from running errands my OV doesnt necessarily switch from 3g to wifi.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
AOKP beta 2

is there a trick to get my OV to automatically switch between wi-fi and 3g? when i get home from running errands my OV doesnt necessarily switch from 3g to wifi.

It should do this if you just leave WiFi on, but that drains battery. I'm sure there's an app that could accomplish this.

Oh, and it appears that DSP Manager only applies to Apollo. Is there any way to get it to work with Spotify? It worked with Spotify on Gingerbread.