[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I found the culprit for the phantom lock screen issue I reported a while back. Handcent is the issue, not the rom.

sent from here to there...

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I have 258MB of app storage on internal memory. Thing is, that the apps are all actually on sd-ext (I've checked multiple times, and this is correct) and mounted to /data/app. Is it possible that the system is reporting /data/app usage as internal usage, even though it's on an external sd-ext? How would this be fixed? I've "hit" the memory cap, even though I'm using sd-ext.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You may need a larger SD-EXT partition. The system reporting it as internal storage is actually correct behavior. From how I understand it, the scripts "trick" the phone into thinking your internal data partition is in the same spot, when it's actually being redirected to the SD card.

Reactions: BuggerZ

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I guess I can understand that. But the reason I don't get it is because I have at least 500-600MB free on my sd-ext partition (just checked), but internal storage lists 40MB free left. Wiping dalvik cache does nothing, and it lists it all as app storage. That's why this is so peculiar to me. It doesn't make any sense. For all intents and purposes, I should not be running out of room, because there's plenty left, yet I'm being told I am. :/

Edit: I was wondering if it was possible the phone is reporting a total MB storage of what it has on internal, only reporting it on the sd-ext. So, for example, if you have a phone internal of 250MB, when you hit 250MB on sd-ext, it says you're full. Don't know if that's what's happening, but only thing I can guess at the moment. This hasn't happened to anyone else?

Note: Total internal phone storage lists itself at 450MB or so..

Last edited:

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Does a SD partition make the system any faster?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

depends on how much you put on it. Some say yes, some say no. I'm a huge yes though. I had a lot of space and performance issues straighten out after I added one

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

vawlk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I guess I can understand that. But the reason I don't get it is because I have at least 500-600MB free on my sd-ext partition (just checked), but internal storage lists 40MB free left.

/data/app and /data/dalvik-cache is moved to the sd-ext but /data/data isn't and that still fills up with a bunch of libraries and app storage. I have about 90 apps installed and have 32mb free even though I have 923mb left on my sd-ext.

So there is still a limit.

Reactions: BuggerZ

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
/data/app and /data/dalvik-cache is moved to the sd-ext but /data/data isn't and that still fills up with a bunch of libraries and app storage. I have about 90 apps installed and have 32mb free even though I have 923mb left on my sd-ext.

So there is still a limit.
We should move /data/data to sd-ext in the ROM then... I think that might solve our problems then. :) Because internal space still dwindles down quickly, though not quite as quickly as with apk's on internal, but still...

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Would that possibly solve the insufficient space error on the play store? Because I have noticed it has no problem updating small apps, but big apps like Google Maps refuse to update.

Tapatalk? from my Optimus V

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I can do that .. Might make it an optional thing.
Ya, of course. I would expect it to be optional. Thanks. :)

Edit: I don't think /data/data is my culprit though. It's only 34MB. UNLESS that 34MB would cause the memory to go down that fast that is.. Maybe /data/app (130MB) + /data/data (34MB) + /data/dalvik-cache (116MB) cause everything to really add up.

Edit 2: I installed a app called diskusage. This shows me what's going on here. /data/data lists 129MB with a free space of 43MB left.... That's exactly what my internal storage lists as left. So ya, that does seem to be the culprit after all. Ignore the above edit then. Moving /data/data to sd-ext will really solve a lot of 'out of space' issues for me and others. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: terthii

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that the fact that the phone doesn't fully enter deep sleep mode causes my phone to run about twenty degrees higher than normal. On stock and 2.3 i ran at about 65, with quattrimus i run at 79-85. With bobz since the deep sleep fix it runs at about 70. Has anybody else noticed this?

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
@tdm gotta simple question well more curious than anything in the UI btw I'm on aokp beta2:D is there anyway to make it possible to change the color of the circle mod icon cause I'm using acr's afterburner and I would like to be able to change the color of the circle mod cause its blue . Well I was just wondering its really no big deal just more for my self thanks for all the hard work:D

Sent from a humblebeast

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Afterburner could be modified to display the circle style battery indicator, I'll talk to Anthony about it. I'm working on two roms right now plus I got married today, otherwise I'd offer to do it myself.

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Afterburner could be modified to display the circle style battery indicator, I'll talk to Anthony about it. I'm working on two roms right now plus I got married today, otherwise I'd offer to do it myself.

Real well Congrats may you have a blessed marriage . Word good looking out definitely appreciate that

Sent from a humblebeast

Reactions: brotherswing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish