[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't looked at the official requirements for ram but I have no reason to believe that 512mb is going to be a problem. It's the flash size that's our biggest issue.

I will be starting to work on jb shortly, and when I release, I expect it will require sdext. I plan to put system apps on it this time, which means you won't be able to remove or change your sdcard without either a backup and restore or a reinstall.

I would be sure to state in big bold red highlighted letters that the rom won't boot if you take out the sdcard. Even though half of the people won't see it.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
At most retailers (CompUSA, Tigerdirect, Microcenter, Amazon, etc) you can get a 32 gig MicroSD 32 gig class 10 for around 30 bucks. It's worth it. Trust me. If you have this phone, it's literally the top end of what it can take. One time fee and you'll never say, "Ya know, I coulda done better."

Also, I'm with TDM on this one. I think as we move forward, we just have to accept that the SD mandatory thing is gonna happen.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
At most retailers (CompUSA, Tigerdirect, Microcenter, Amazon, etc) you can get a 32 gig MicroSD 32 gig class 10 for around 30 bucks. It's worth it. Trust me. If you have this phone, it's literally the top end of what it can take. One time fee and you'll never say, "Ya know, I coulda done better."

That's money I don't have at the moment. But I should aim for it anyways.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I already view sd-ext mandatory for the OV and the WFS. Neither handset has enough internal memory to run ics well (or jb at all) without it.

Thus he spake

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got a good CM10 compile so it looks like JB is getting close.

---------- Post Merged at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Just got a good CM10 compile so it looks like JB is getting close.

So your Jelly Bean Rom is definitely gonna be here within two weeks or whatever? That'd be awesome!!! I always wanted to try a AOKP Jelly Bean rom! And as much as I love BobZhome I prefer your ICS over his so I'm sure JB will be no different, very excited to see what you come up with!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So your Jelly Bean Rom is definitely gonna be here within two weeks or whatever?

No official ETA, of course. But a good compile for CM is a promising first step. Next step is to see if it boots.

I'm usually able to get AOKP running within a day or two after getting CM running.

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No official ETA, of course. But a good compile for CM is a promising first step. Next step is to see if it boots.

I'm usually able to get AOKP running within a day or two after getting CM running.

Will first hopeful release be a multi-rom including install for the 'sniper' phones and optimus line?

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

If it boots up and everything and you need a tester I would be more then happy to, I love your roms, you always do such a great job

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Will first hopeful release be a multi-rom including install for the 'sniper' phones and optimus line?

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk

Separate roms for thunderc and sniper, but yeah I'm working on sniper too. And I've got a vs920 that it's just begging for some jb. :D

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been a little skeptical about jb running on the OV, but then again I didn't think ics would happen either. I have a great deal of respect for your work, and I'm eager to see what you come up with. :D

Thus he spake

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a nine month old constantly engaged in random acts of cuteness, so a functional camera is a non negotiable for me. I haven't followed jb development on the OV but the last time I tried it the camera didn't work, and it ran crazy slow. :banghead:

Thus he spake

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams