[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a nine month old constantly engaged in random acts of cuteness, so a functional camera is a non negotiable for me. I haven't followed jb development on the OV but the last time I tried it the camera didn't work, and it ran crazy slow. :banghead:

Thus he spake

Camera works in the latest build, but the preview is distorted like some of the early ICS builds.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
For people still wondering about the JB style status bar, someone over at that thread confirmed it working on MDPI. To get rid of the Status 0 errors when flashing, you had to replace the signatures in the flashable zip with ones from a flashable zip that is confirmed working with our phones. So, ones from quattrimus would work. Check out the thread and the latest couple posts for exact instructions. I've yet to try it, but I will this weekend.

Tapatalk? from my Optimus V

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
For people still wondering about the JB style status bar, someone over at that thread confirmed it working on MDPI. To get rid of the Status 0 errors when flashing, you had to replace the signatures in the flashable zip with ones from a flashable zip that is confirmed working with our phones. So, ones from quattrimus would work. Check out the thread and the latest couple posts for exact instructions. I've yet to try it, but I will this weekend.

Observe and report please!

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Please report your finding!!:D iam really into that jb status bar!!

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Tried it-Installed fine;bootlooped on VanillaBean.

Then again, it also bootlooped when I tried to replace the files in VanillaBean's SystemUI file also. Maybe I have to try with the stock 4.0 SysUI?

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Tried it-Installed fine;bootlooped on VanillaBean.

Then again, it also bootlooped when I tried to replace the files in VanillaBean's SystemUI file also. Maybe I have to try with the stock 4.0 SysUI?

Possibly, I know it is meant for the system UI of the latest cm9 nigjtlies, since nothing is really being changed in cm9 anymore. If you've changed anything in VanillaBean, then it might boot loop. I'll be sure to backup my systemui first :D

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. After the bootloop I reflashed (dirty) VanillaBean and it worked fine.

I don't know where to get the LATEST SysUI so for the next builld I pump out I'll try to use Quattrimus' SysUI!

hkazemi

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't like that approach, I believe the vendor btld binary reads the bt, mac. I just haven't had time to look at it.

Would implementing the workaround be possible, at least until the true fix is found? That workaround is better than (or at least no worse than) some of the other workarounds that are already documented for this ROM (mx player, barnacle, reinstall Voice Search, etc.)

The non-unique bluetooth mac address issue has been the specific issue preventing some of us (including me) from loading this ROM onto our phones. Having multiple phones in the same family with the same BT mac address quickly becomes problematic when trying to pair multiple phones with the same car or computer.

Here's the links again:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...uman-organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a-221-print.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...a-quattrimus-ics-post1959566.html#post1959566

Thanks!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I would <3 an AOSP build. I said the same thing about ICS though and ended up abandoning it for AOKP, which is probably what I'll do with Jellybean as well.

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Loved this rom but i noticed with this and all other ics roms i used the sms messaging hangs up and well it says sent my other phone won't get the message this happens as well the other way around the other phone will send the message but i won't get the message on this phone until hours later or never. Not sure why this is happening when i go back to a cm7 rom I have no issues? possibly my ov just hates ics that much

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Loved this rom but i noticed with this and all other ics roms i used the sms messaging hangs up and well it says sent my other phone won't get the message this happens as well the other way around the other phone will send the message but i won't get the message on this phone until hours later or never. Not sure why this is happening when i go back to a cm7 rom I have no issues? possibly my ov just hates ics that much

I text tons every day and have never used anything other than the stock messaging app and have never had a single problem with it.

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Well i went back to stock with the zv5 baseband,re rooted, and reinstalled aokp beta 2 will report back if this seems to help the issue at all....

Update.... still same situation out of 20 recived texts i was only able to get 5 and out of 20 sent 7 went through full bars on 3g

Last edited:

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the insufficient space error again. I have an SD Partition. Settings is telling me I have 69MB free (No jokes :p) When I try to install or update apps that I know are less then that, it gives me an insufficient space error. I haven't actually been able to update google maps since they changed their icon. However, some apps will update. it's just a stubborn few that won't. It also happens with apps not in the play store, such as CM themes from XDA. I wiped cache and dalvik, no go. I have no 01mdalvik file in /system/etc/init.d, so I know that's not the problem. Anyone know a good solid fix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech