[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey in wondering if anyone else has a similar issue I've been having with back up and restore on the cannibal recovery with quatt. Since I like trying new time all the time I always make android back ups. For some reason. The back up for quatt now gets stuck at the cyanogenmod for logo after I restore? I have had.no option but to completely wipe and reflash quatt every time, restore is what makes the phone get stuck. In using the sgs3 Rom now cuz I don't want to reflash and reinstall all my apps with th again. Any advice on the matter?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Try verifying the backup in recovery after the backup is done.

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Click on "backup and restore" in recovery and then click "verify backup" and choose the backup that you would like to verify.

In using the cannibal touch v1.1 which are you using that has the verify option?

mayverywellbe

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I asked this in the main Optimus V form but maybe there's a specific way to do this for this ROM. Is there a way to forcibly mount the sd-ext partition? Mine doesn't seem to be getting detected anymore. I still see my apps listed in apps in settings but they have the sd-card icon and 'com.* ' as the name and they don't show up in the app drawer. It was working fine before. I had started Endomondo put it my pocket and when I took it out it was like this. This is the 2nd time this happened and the first time was after I dropped it and the battery popped out. Ended up reflashing which I'd rather not do again.

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just from curiosity but how's the Jelly Bean going? Possible we see a build at the end of the month? ;)

mayverywellbe

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
First verify the partition exists, check /dev/block and dmesg. If it does, run an fsck on it.

What am I looking for in those places? Using adb. /dev/block is full of files called loop*, mmcblock*, platform, loop*. dmesg is just long. And fsck should be run on /sd-ext?

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If u want jellybean here u go
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=201769
Tdm will say when he's making progress and releasing:thumbup:

Avenged $evenfold rocks

Lol I know we have BobZhome CM10, TDM mentioned he was working with Jelly Bean a little back so all I was asking is if we'd possible see a build by the end of this month, no disrespect but it was directed towards TDM, he can say yes or no. I'm not rushing or asking for a ETA in anyway, I was asking if there was a possibility we'd see any build for it with in this month. He doesn't have to answer it either I understand that.
I'm sure it'll be out next month knowing how good Tdm is at all this. I love his work. And I appreciate every bit of it. I'll wait how ever long I need to, I was shocked when ICS was on this phone!

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference to this ROM and BobZ's ROM? Because this ROM has been in beta forever since like July 31st, and BobZ is still working on his. I'm just curious why this one receives so much more attention. Also what's up with CAI? Which should I run? I miss ICS because I've been testing GB roms for the passed few months. Flashing new ones every other day. Please compare the three, someone? :D

-Quattrimus
-BobZhome's CM 9.1.0
-Cold As Ice

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference to this ROM and BobZ's ROM? Because this ROM has been in beta forever since like July 31st, and BobZ is still working on his. I'm just curious why this one receives so much more attention. Also what's up with CAI? Which should I run? I miss ICS because I've been testing GB roms for the passed few months. Flashing new ones every other day. Please compare the three, someone? :D

-Quattrimus
-BobZhome's CM 9.1.0
-Cold As Ice

Quattrimus: pure cm9 with tdms kernel
BobZhome cm9: cm9 with cherry picks that Bobzhome likes with his kernel
Cold as ice: same deal as bobzhomes, cherry picks thekraven likes, along with his own kernel and mods.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Actually, here's a better breakdown:

Quattrimus- Pure build of both CM9 and AOKP with no tweaks (just fixes). Extremely stable, though may have some legacy bugs.
-BobZhome's CM 9.1.0- Custom build of CM9 with tweaks and fixes revolving around general use.
-Cold As Ice- Another custom build with a lot of dev time invested in fixing perceived problems with the device. Many features and such may require patches, and though is (sometimes) more stable than other builds, may require patching or upgrading of rom due to continued development.

So there you go. All three are DD ready, but each has it's... quirks. Enjoy. (BTW, I use Quatt AOKP build. GO TEAM KANG!)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood