[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
the issue has been fixed. thank you for your help. im a bit mad that it was that simple to fix and i couldnt figure it out lol. thanks alot man you sved my ass

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Try wiping and flashing cm9 beta 3 again if that's the rom you want and start again from scratch?

Edit:Ninja'd glad you got it fixed

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think there was a test beta 3 floating around.... Anyways I only said it because that's what he said he was running

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Oh wow if I said beta 3 my bad. I was kind of panicked because my phone was stuck in a loop and I was waiting for an important call from insurance lol if I said 3 my bad, it was two. I was looking for fast answers lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It was called beta 3 pre or pre beta 3 and yes it does install on multiple device.
I tried it and it was awesome.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

henrikb

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: No-charging issues [(hopefully) SOLVED]

Regarding the battery no-charging problem (Post #7384):

I'm happy to report that my phone charges after I flashed quattrimus-VM670-cm9-nightly-20120731.zip [74.41Mb; VM670ZV4; 2.6.35.7-tdm-gk-hkicsam-0.1+tommy@ics #1; cm_VM670_userdebug 4.0.4 IMM76L eng. tommy.20120731.021607 test-keys] last week. Previously, at rare occasions, I managed to get it to charge a few times, but with this flash/ROM it now charges all the times. I didn't do anything particular when flashing this time, so I assume something changed with the build.

Thxs

In case someone reads this, I forgot to follow up on this: I posted the above while in Europe (240V). I had been there for a few weeks and tried nightly builds regularly, but still couldn't get the phone to charge (only in the stock 2.2 ROM and some other early Android-version custom ROMs), until all of a sudden it worked really well with the above one. A few days later I got back to US (120V). I am not sure if it charged here my first day or not, but the 2nd day it did not and I needed to flash back the stock ROM again. Very annoying. I gave up. Last week I tried to flash a few other Android 4.0/4.1 ROMs, but same "no-charging" problem. Although I doubt it, I'll see if it works when I got back to Europe over Xmas. Maybe. FYI, I've tried with heaps of different chargers/cables both in the US and in Europe (also the same on both continents). After all the troubleshooting I've done, my best guess as an CS engineer is that there there has been an update in the part of the kernel/drivers that is responsible for charging.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That stands to reason, but something must account for some people having no problem. Is your OV the newer generation with the Hitachi screen? Maybe it's a driver interaction with the screen driver.

Repensum Est Canicula

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
FYI

49476d1354639518t-ics-slider-uploadfromtaptalk1354639533853.jpg

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. I figured Tom was just working on other things. You know a programmer is busy when he doesn't update his github in a while. My guess: family. Mine's been keeping me busy the last few months as well. Also, Christmas.

ItMoN

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but hopefully so. I just flashed this rom and I'm loving it so far but I've encountered one quirk that's starting to drive me a little crazy.
Whenever I type in certain text boxes it seems to tell the keyboard that I'm typing a password or something because it locks the keyboard so that no suggestions occur. So for example, if I try to type something in the URL area in the browser, no keyboard suggestions (and no auto-correct). But if I pull up Google and type in the search box on the website, I do get suggestions. I have no idea what would cause this, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a VM670 (Optimus V), running the current AOKP build (not nightly).
Thanks!

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but hopefully so. I just flashed this rom and I'm loving it so far but I've encountered one quirk that's starting to drive me a little crazy.
Whenever I type in certain text boxes it seems to tell the keyboard that I'm typing a password or something because it locks the keyboard so that no suggestions occur. So for example, if I try to type something in the URL area in the browser, no keyboard suggestions (and no auto-correct). But if I pull up Google and type in the search box on the website, I do get suggestions. I have no idea what would cause this, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a VM670 (Optimus V), running the current AOKP build (not nightly).
Thanks!

If I'm thinking right (I'm tired) you aren't supposed to have auto correct in the URL box, seeing as you are typing in a URL which can be random and odd words. Auto correct wouldn't do much justice in the URL box.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Android Central Forums

ItMoN

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
That does make sense, but it seems to be inconsistent. If I go to google sometimes the search box (on google, not the browser) won't let me use auto correct on the default browser. However it always lets me do so (in the website, never the browser) when I go to Firefox, or tell the website to pull up in desktop mode. I'm using swiftkey flow, and it disables flow (which needs the auto correct function on to work apparently), which is pretty annoying. But if it's a "feature" and not a bug that is good to know. Thanks!

Edit: It also happens when I try to name a folder in the Nova Launcher, which seems an odd place to lock down. Anyways, I just figured I'd find out if anyone else was having the same issue or had a fix. Thanks!

Last edited:

jxc011

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't seem to be installing apps to ext4. I might try ext2 or 3.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

classpro

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Folks: just installed the latest nightly along with gapps, and used titanium to restore all my apps. I have a 2gb ext partition, with plenty of room, but I am unable to update google maps - gives me an out of memory error. I've tried to get through this incredibly long thread to see if there is a solution. I saw some discussion about moving the data/data folder to SD card, and the risk if you boot with the card out. Can I just move the folder to the root of sd-ext, or is there more to moving it? Also, data/apps looks like it has a bunch of files in it, are those really just links to sd-ext/app, or can I delete those files to make more room on internal storage? Look forward to advice.