[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

classpro

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The newest version of titanium backup is able to move and link program data to the sd card, freeing up memory. I was getting download failures when updating apps from the market. I moved some big data users to sd and problems went away. In titanium, go to backup/restore tab, long press on the app whose data you want to move, select move app data to sd card and wait a really long time while it does its thing. The first time it will ask if you want to create the necessary folder. Say yes.

Sent from my Nexus 7

classpro

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
thewraith420: I'm confused by your post. GB=Gingerbread. JB=Jellybean. The fact that there is an official GB for the Optimus S does not mean that JB will run on the S or the V. I'm pretty sure LG (Lucky Goldstar) hasn't released JB for any of these phones, but I confess that I have not been following the Optimus S forums very closely. If there was an official JB for the Optimus S, I think you're right that it would not be hard to port it to the OV. But I think all the JB's for the optimus line are very unofficial.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
thewraith420: I'm confused by your post. GB=Gingerbread. JB=Jellybean. The fact that there is an official GB for the Optimus S does not mean that JB will run on the S or the V. I'm pretty sure LG (Lucky Goldstar) hasn't released JB for any of these phones, but I confess that I have not been following the Optimus S forums very closely. If there was an official JB for the Optimus S, I think you're right that it would not be hard to port it to the OV. But I think all the JB's for the optimus line are very unofficial.

You misunderstood what thewraith was saying. There are two different comments, one about official roms and one about unofficial. Since there was an official gb rom for the S, one could say that the V hardware was designed to run gb, even though there was no official V gb. On the unofficial side, BobZ proved that the V can run jb, so quat jb should be possible, if tdm can find the time, and/or wants to.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Provided you have libs to support the OS, you can run anything on anything.
Doesn't always mean it will run well...lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Provided you have libs to support the OS, you can run anything on anything.
Doesn't always mean it will run well...lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

True, I had Windows 2000 running on a Pentium 75 with 72 MB of ram. It ran like old people make love....slow and jerky.

Repensum Est Canicula

classpro

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I did misunderstand the exchange, but the original poster was right. The OV came out before GB, so by definition it was not designed to run GB. The fact that an official GB was later released for it, or its cousin the OS, does not mean the phone was designed to run it. But this is a semantic point.

I have no doubt that jb can be made to run well on the ov, but also respect the difficulty of making it work. We have so little on boarding memory on the ov that it's ridiculous. I hope it happens. I'm awed by the genius of the people making these roms.

Sent from my Nexus 7

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You misunderstood what thewraith was saying. There are two different comments, one about official roms and one about unofficial. Since there was an official gb rom for the S, one could say that the V hardware was designed to run gb, even though there was no official V gb. On the unofficial side, BobZ proved that the V can run jb, so quat jb should be possible, if tdm can find the time, and/or wants to.

Thanks, Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to say but when I start posting when I'm half asleep it doesn't always come out the clearest.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Should be something with a k I think.... Gingerbread Honeycomb Ice cream sandwich Jellybean Kxxxxxx

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Should be something with a k I think.... Gingerbread Honeycomb Ice cream sandwich Jellybean Kxxxxxx

I can't think of any snack foods that start with K that aren't brand names like kitkat or krispy kreme. I hope google though ahead about this.

On a side note, this is what happens to a thread when there's no updates. :)

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
There's an easter egg in JB of a candy cane, so maybe they're gonna spell it with a K? I thought key lime pie would work, but I guess they have other plans.

louis.freund

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this is off-topic. When I had an Optimus V, I ran Quattrimus and I remember being able to pick up ad-hoc networks on it. Now I have a Nexus 7 and it's unable to pick up ad-hoc networks. I'm wondering if whatever you did to make your ROM able to pick up ad-hoc networks would work on the Nexus 7.

Carlos Figueroa

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Guys i need help my phone died and wouldnt charge got stuck in bootloop and doesnt go more than the gray lg letters screen it goes on and off in the same screen i really need help with this

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc