Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

CWHammer

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I followed the steps to root my OV and it seemed to work. I used root check to verify the rooting and it said it was not rooted. I rebooted the phone and now all i get is the LG boot screen. When I try to get into recovery I get a black screen. I used these files: flash_image.img, jcase_rootme.zip, and VM670NH_recovery.img. I used the adb commands in the instructions through CMD.EXE on Win 7. Now I cannot even see the device using the adb. I have been bouncing through post after post for two days and nothing seems to work. Is there any way to get back to a "bios" boot on this device?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm sounds like you attempted gordita root. Did you get any errors when entering the commands? Nothing pertaining to gordita root should brick the phone even if the root exploit failed. If you can think of any other into it'd help anyone trying to help you. Bottom line is that you should still have emergency mode so it can be fixed but that route is last resort only

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
My suggestion to you would be to re-install/setup the LG drivers on your CPU first--re-boot. Then plug in your OV and see what happens. If not recgonized, then try your network connections window and try to set it up that way.
If that works then you can "push" the files onto your SD as far as the recoveries, ROMS, ect. Use emergency mode first before these other attempts.
Hope this helps somewhat ;)

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion to you would be to re-install/setup the LG drivers on your CPU first--re-boot. Then plug in your OV and see what happens. If not recgonized, then try your network connections window and try to set it up that way.
If that works then you can "push" the files onto your SD as far as the recoveries, ROMS, ect. Use emergency mode first before these other attempts.
Hope this helps somewhat ;)

The main problem with using e-mode first is that he'll have to restore his NVitems (MIN ESN MEID) not a problem but does complicate things.
Edit: herehttp://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4568579

Last edited:

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Use super one click when you try to root again. I rooted my ov first time ever rooting a phone and it was super easy, literally one click and it was done

Sent from my cellular telephone using tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Use super one click when you try to root again. I rooted my ov first time ever rooting a phone and it was super easy, literally one click and it was done

Sent from my cellular telephone using tapatalk

Pretty sure that only works on zv4

CWHammer

May 29, 2012
Visit site
It's a zv9 unit. So far I cannot get it to boot at all. Went and bought another phone since I am so dependent on it. I'm gunna keep tyin' with the OV though. LG says the software is toast and I have to send it in since there is no way to do a fresh load on the phone now.

CWHammer

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Hmm sounds like you attempted gordita root. Did you get any errors when entering the commands? Nothing pertaining to gordita root should brick the phone even if the root exploit failed. If you can think of any other into it'd help anyone trying to help you. Bottom line is that you should still have emergency mode so it can be fixed but that route is last resort only

I did do a factory reset from the phone menu. Unfortunately the posts I was working from didn't warn me about not doing this. I found out after reading a different post that the factory reset is a big no-no. The goal was to un-root and start fresh.

CWHammer

May 29, 2012
Visit site
If he followed the guide I just posted the link to it will be zv5 when he's done

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

It does show ZV5. Is this going to be easier/safer to root? The replacement Samsung phone was superoneclick easy but doesn't seem to hold the root when re-booted. I'm really just trying to get rid of the bloatware apps that I will never use so I can have room for ones that I will.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
It does show ZV5. Is this going to be easier/safer to root? The replacement Samsung phone was superoneclick easy but doesn't seem to hold the root when re-booted. I'm really just trying to get rid of the bloatware apps that I will never use so I can have room for ones that I will.

zv5 best bet use gingerbreak. safe. efficient. worked great on my brand new ov when i got it maybe 1-2 months ago. really easy to use. my phone has the zv5 baseband. from what ive heard it's also better than the newer zv9. once you do that i highly recommend flashing backside iho or harmonia, if you want ics go for quattrimus but theres still some minor bugs there. Most of the gingerbread roms here have everything working with added efficiency minus the bloatware, AND DONT FORGET TO MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP (in clockworkmod)

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Cool glad to hear it worked! Yep gingerbreak is the preferred root exploit for zv5 and it's much easier then zv9.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

CWHammer

May 29, 2012
Visit site
What do I need to use to get the phone useable on the network again. I tried the QXMD but I can't find any version that has a good license. Is the LGPST capable of resetting all of the necessary data?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol