Quattrimus ICS CM9 simple2ext How?

devriesj

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I got a boot loop (or frozen at boot logo) after install of simple2ext. I hate the small space for apps. Can you help me get sd-ext support working?

I install by

1. Flashed ICS_simple2ext.zip using clockworkmod recovery 3.2.0.1
2. reboot system
3. Did not find s2e in apps so extract s2e.apk to /system/app
4. extracted "20userinit" to /system/etc/init.d
5. found "90userinit" in /system/etc/init.d and renamed to "90userinit.old"(Did not want do delete. You know be safe, always backup.)
[ROM][ICS][UNOFFICIAL] CM9 BETA3 based port for Legend [JUN17] - Page 94 - xda-developers
7. Run the s2e app from App Drawer.
8. Press Menu button within s2e app and go to Settings.
9. Check Mount as Ext4 option. The sd-ext must be formatted to ext4!
10. Check Advance Mode option.
11. Now, reboot your device.

Now over 10min on boot screen as of writing this post. Good thing I have a pre simple2ext backup!!!

How to Move Apps and Data To SD-Ext Partition on CyanogenMod 9 Android Rom?

xda-developers - View Single Post - [BETA 0.15.0.1][04.07] ICS for Desire[ALL HBOOTS][4.0.4]

Now, after the reboot (CAN'T BOOT LOOP), run the application again and then select (check) Applications, Private Apps and Application Data and then reboot your device from s2e menu.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Quattrimus has ext support built in; using external programs like you're doing will only mess things up. Wipe everything again (including your ext partition), re-flash quattrimus, and you should find that your apps and dalvik-cache are on the ext partition.

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
to add to @Conrail16 .. wipe everything including all partitions on sd card and for simplicity use your recovery to create a partition.

devriesj

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Quattrimus has ext support built in; using external programs like you're doing will only mess things up. Wipe everything again (including your ext partition), re-flash quattrimus, and you should find that your apps and dalvik-cache are on the ext partition.

Is there a GUI that would work with the built in sd-ext support? Oh, by the way I did create the partition with recovery. My dalvik-cache is on the SD-EXT but no apps. I would like to not have to wipe everything.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
For Quattrimus, /sd-ext/apps gets mounted to /data/apps, so I believe you actually have to delete /data/apps, and put your apps in /sd-ext/apps.

This is the reason why it's just easier to wipe to have it work. You can try the above though..

Note: You may actually need to have a folder /data/apps to be able to mount /sd-ext/apps to that location. Also, I take no responsibility if you mess anything up, or if my information is wrong in any way, although, to the best of my knowledge, it is accurate.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes it uses sdext automatically. But it won't use it for apps unless /data/app is empty. So do a full wipe when flashing quattrimus, at least for the first install.

Reactions: Badboytoast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49