Weird

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
So I was on mrg's mirage 06212012 an I decided to go back to aospCMod da latest one (yea I kno its old an not bein worked on anymore) an when I tried to flash it it said da settings.apk was corrupted an aborted. Dat had never happened before I didn't change da recovery or anything an I always flash Leslie's new rom wipe zips before flashing a ROM....

So luckily I had a backup of da ROM an restored it an it works good all perfect even settings. So I was wondering if I flash a kernel would dat mess up da ROM or help fix sum issues? For example if I flashed mrg's kernel on aospCMod. And does anybody kno where I can find da aospCMod kernel in case sumthin happens?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You're honestly just asking for trouble doing this, and as much as I like to promote discussion and help/advice, I doubt you'll be finding any here for aospCMod.

That being said, my guess as to why you had that error (assuming it happened while the ROM was flashing, from what you're saying) is due to a bad download.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
why dont you just try it and find out? I would do it but i dont feel like backing up my current phone ROM. My guess would be that it might boot but it wont really help. who really knows?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My biggest question is why?
Of all the things wrong with that rom, why are you worried about the kernel. It's like painting your house instead of fixing the gaping hole in the roof.

And why are so many of you so obsessed with kernels, I mean really. You can swap them around all you want and if you see much of ANYTHING of a real gain against an equally current alternative, I would be surprised. Sometimes I think some of you have this idea that you will find some golden combination that cures world hunger, when in reality, all you are doing is causing yourself more trouble.

The reason most people don;t have the issues some of you have, is because they don't go off on these wild goose chases.

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Its da same ROM I had an flashed da same file before no problems an I try last night an I get settings corrupted :what: when its never happened before.. I jus thought maybe diff kernels on diff roms might fix things idk. I've tried all roms an I jus really liked aospCMod da best an its been da best battery life for my OV for sum reason. My only issue wit aospCMod is da accelerometer issue dat we all already know of. Its fixed on da mirage rom why can't sumone jus fix it an ill be happy :D lol

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Pointless thread....? The date answers all question, including the error you got. It simply tells you the error. :/

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is if you haven't tried already, wipe everything a couple of times before flashing. Otherwise just download the rom again.

But still, this thread is pointless. You can find the answers you're looking for in the archived roms section.

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I've flashed da same rom over an over before an dat never happened before its da same download same process I do every time. I always use Leslie's new rom zip den flash da rom

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Leslie zips have nothing to do with it. If it says settings is corrupted, then its corrupted. What don't you understand?

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Leslie zips have nothing to do with it. If it says settings is corrupted, then its corrupted. What don't you understand?

I kno da zip has nothin to do wit it my point is why is it corrupted now an it was never corrupted before dat I don't understand

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
then try harmonia, mirage, bobzhome, BACKside, and the countless ports. lol. dont use a rom that 1-1/2 years old and expect support for it. When i first rooted, i also loved aospCmod. but compared to what we have now, it was a pre-alpha.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
then try harmonia, mirage, bobzhome, BACKside, and the countless ports. lol. dont use a rom that 1-1/2 years old and expect support for it. When i first rooted, i also loved aospCmod. but compared to what we have now, it was a pre-alpha.

Never heard of this ROM till now.....lol

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
yeah, i think its last update was in march of 2011 or something like that. It was one of the first cm7 roms available for the optimus v

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85