[GUIDE] Disable CPU rendering

pandulce1

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
mrg, it will be a sad day indeed when you finally get the banned today/not banned tomorrow Galaxy Nexus (damn that rotten fruit). I know that you'll still have OVs around, but that new toy will take most of your dev time.

So any idea what I should do if I forget to set the permissions and end up with a black screen and unable to boot?

I think that the flashable zip posted by mrg right above your post will prevent that from happening by setting the permissions for you. However, make a backup before hand.

Last edited:

aimlessanomaly

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I think that the flashable zip posted by mrg right about your post will prevent that from happening by setting the permissions for you. However, make a backup before hand.

What I'm trying to say is I forgot to set the permissions and cannot boot :/

Edit: Thanks, I'm all fixed :p

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
boot into recovery from powered off state (hold home, vol down, and power) and restore the nandroid that you made, or wipe and reflash rom, tweak, gapps, reboot?...

Last edited:
Reactions: aimlessanomaly

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have attached here a flashable zip file that will do the trick for you. Like bigsupersquid, I am not sure if there is any difference and Antutu is giving exactly the same 2D/3D GPU scores. Anyway, it is good to have one less library in the ROM as long as we can do without it.

Thank you mrg666, I'll try it out and if it works I'll mention it on the first post.

mrg, it will be a sad day indeed when you finally get the banned today/not banned tomorrow Galaxy Nexus (damn that rotten fruit). I know that you'll still have OVs around, but that new toy will take most of your dev time.

Even though I got a newer phone on a different carrier I'm still using my OV. It's not too much of a distraction to be honest, the OV is excellent, don't doubt your devs either :p

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't really see any differences in benchmark either, but the weird thing is that the performance boost is still noticeable in general.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Placebo effect or?? All I know is it really does feel smoother!

EDIT: I should have probably mentioned that I am running Joyfully Optimus Rom, just in case others also using it are wondering if this works for them.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Soft brick meaning bootloop? I get confused with meanings. :p

Actually no. I'm on bobzhome, so it has the VM boot splash. After the splash, I got nothing. Blank screen. But setting the permissions works. It runs great

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
instead of removing the original .cfg and .so, i renamed em with an added .old extension in case i had to put em back :D
i haven't noticed any differences yet myself, but it's only been a half hour or so of testing.

Do you have a gtalk? Im wondering about something. And you pm's are disabled

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok so here it went, flashed the zip

Before:
6c0d8973-8e35-0dc9.jpg

After:
6c0d8973-8e51-b6d6.jpg

My cpu settings:
6c0d8973-8e6d-3117.jpg

It was pretty laggy when I first booted up but it does feel a bit...smoother now

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok so here it went, flashed the zip

Before:
Click to view quoted image

After:

My cpu settings:

It was pretty laggy when I first booted up but it does feel a bit...smoother now

No wonder, if you want the best results set your governor to performance. Is that the higest you could overclock your device? I was able to run my benchmark tests at 864 MHz max. I'll try again and see what score I get this time around.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power