[GUIDE] Disable CPU rendering

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't the Force check in Developer Options on ICS/JB do the same thing, or am I missing something?

a6f8041c-ae5a-9293.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
cant really confirm this but I was having issues with netflix audio going out of sync. I decided to try it after this and it looks like its fixed.The rotating animation seems to have gotten faster as well. I know me posting this is useless but it might help :p

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't the Force check in Developer Options on ICS/JB do the same thing, or am I missing something?

Click to view quoted image

I think that tweak only applies to apps and not the whole UI, I may be wrong tho but that's my guess.

cant really confirm this but I was having issues with netflix audio going out of sync. I decided to try it after this and it looks like its fixed.The rotating animation seems to have gotten faster as well. I know me posting this is useless but it might help :p

That's weird, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Netflix. How was your connection at the time? I had issues like that with Netflix at some point, but only when I had a bad connection. Either it took a while to buffer or it was choppy with video and/or audio. I'm glad it wasn't a permanent problem tho.

Try listening to music and see how the audio has been effected by the tweak. I noticed a significant increase in quality, bass sounds better now.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

meaninglessvanity

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I just grabbed the zip, wiped cache and dalvik and flashed it. Just poking around a bit, I did find that Facebook and Words seem much snappier after. Anytime you can use hardware rather than software, that's goodness.

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed the zip. Facebook and Google Play Music seem to load and work much faster now.
IHO Backside

Last edited:

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I did the manual version before mrg posted the zip to flash. it does "seem" faster. Im on AOKP right now...

Only issue Im having right now that I didnt have before, Im trying to update to tdm's newest nightly and it wont boot to recover with the power menu. Im going to do a battery pull and see if I can get into it with keypress.

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
No wonder, if you want the best results set your governor to performance. Is that the higest you could overclock your device? I was able to run my benchmark tests at 864 MHz max. I'll try again and see what score I get this time around.

Nope, I usually run it at least 806 but I'm going for longer battery life.

Edit: running benchmark on 864 and performance, gave me a reboot, it also reset the cpu settings to default
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed it using Harmonia 2. No problems but I don't really notice any difference either

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Works really well for me. Ran a 3d game on my phone, along with Skyfire video (converted from flash). Flash video at 240p fullscreen (youtube) runs more steadily, but of course running from app using HTML5 video is better. Speaking of which, HQ video from youtube app is smoother without the software driver.

Updated my phone with mrg666's latest ROM and kernel, then applied his egl fix. Phone doesn't seem to heat up as much, as far as I can sense, after this fix. I've played around with it for a few hours.

No problems yet!

Last edited:

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Netflix runs MUCH better now. Thanks for this discovery.

What version of Netflix are you using? What rom, etc?
Just tried for first time and it was just a black screen and audio.
Btw, think I figured out what I had done before. When I manually swapped files I didn't uncheck mount system files as writable. I did it again manually and I can go back into recovery fine now

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed mrg666 .zip and it seems smoother but it's fresh after cache / dalvik cache wipe. So i don't know. But after typing this it does seem like keyboard lag on latest Swype beta is non-existent.

Sent from my LG-VM670 on bobz rc1 - amphetamines - cwmt, Android Central Forums

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Surprised this wasn't mentioned before. Old and simple trick. I If you want a bigger boost in speed you can disable some dalvik stuff and you'll have a virtually lagless experience; I've gotten my keyboard lag gone with some of the dexopt codes.

Click to view quoted image

No. Some games have problems with thinking the GPU doesn't support some OpenGL stuff when in reality it does -very noticible with the NeoMark benchmark - so it chooses to go into the software renderer. This removes the software path and will get forced to use the GPU.

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I usually run it at least 806 but I'm going for longer battery life.

Edit: running benchmark on 864 and performance, gave me a reboot, it also reset the cpu settings to default

Not all OVs are OCable
without problems unfortunately, I usually run mines at 806 MHz max too, my phone is just able to OC without an issue. I got an older OV before the ones with the newer screens were released.

Surprised this wasn't mentioned before. Old and simple trick. I If you want a bigger boost in speed you can disable some dalvik stuff and you'll have a virtually lagless experience; I've gotten my keyboard lag gone with some of the dexopt codes.

Is there guide for this?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Right a guide would be much appreciated. I am in search of this lagless experience :)

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok I did some audio "testing " and as far as speaker wise it sounds about the same. When I plugged my pc speakers it hadan easier time playing a radio while multitasking. And like I said it fixed my Netflix problems. I really do feel the change. Thank you :):)

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
OK so I went to a backup. All my "intensive " apps kept force closing like final fantasy 3 and even YouTube. But 2d performance is great, its like running my laptop with the nomodeset kernel line. 2d is phenominal but 3d is garbage

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Not all OVs are OCable
without problems unfortunately, I usually run mines at 806 MHz max too, my phone is just able to OC without an issue. I got an older OV before the ones with the newer screens were released.

I've had mine since feb '11. Most I can OC to is 729.

Liimon

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that my phone is...snappier? in many ways since this patch and I've had no crashes or other problems. I use the excellent Harmonia rom. If battery life is the same then this is a huge improvement!

Last edited: