[GUIDE] Disable CPU rendering

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Battery life hasn't changed for me from the looks of it, if anything it doesn't seem to be effected.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
It went fine... My AnTuTu benchmark jumped from 1784 to 1821. Overall, it does seem snappier, but I'm not sure if it's just the power of suggestion. :p

I posted 2 days ago that it worked on aokp. Lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for my noobness but what's CPU rendering lol
Sorry:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. Digital House of Treats • Index page

CPU rendering is when the CPU does the "work" in graphics, ui, effects 2d rendering etc etc.

Your cpu is working with programs and also rendering things. the CPU is acting like a GPU if you will...

A GPU handles all of this on its own. With this MOD it should make the GPU do the work and let the CPU cycle less and work less with U,I and 2d , rendering .. etc etc thus better performance and hopefully better battery.

Not all phones have a GPU, and even though ours is not extravagant.. the OV still has one and it does a good job if i say so myself.

feel free to google for more info. this is what i understand. anyone else feel free to correct me if im wrong, im not here to misinform but to participate.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
CPU rendering is when the CPU does the "work" in graphics, ui, effects 2d rendering etc etc.

Your cpu is working with programs and also rendering things. the CPU is acting like a GPU if you will...

A GPU handles all of this on its own. With this MOD it should make the GPU do the work and let the CPU cycle less and work less with U,I and 2d , rendering .. etc etc thus better performance and hopefully better battery.

Not all phones have a GPU, and even though ours is not extravagant.. the OV still has one and it does a good job if i say so myself.

feel free to google for more info. this is what i understand. anyone else feel free to correct me if im wrong, im not here to misinform but to participate.

No your exactly right about that.

So I understand what happened before. Without this mod, was the CPU doing all the work and the gpu wasn't doing anything? No wonder why our phones were slower an this improves things.
An no, if your not rendering images you may not notice much difference doing this..simple web browsing and text won't change.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The most noticeable improvement is the UI in general, the OV wasn't the first phone I tested this on, my E739 was my guinea pig for this tweak before any of my other devices. I just knew the OV had a decent GPU this whole time but to be honest I accidentally came across this tweak while looking for a loopy smoothness tweak that wouldn't bootloop CM9 on my E739. Everything seems to have worked out for the best :p

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: RavinX and notown

KidFr3sH

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So if I'm on cm9 tdms nightly all I have to do is flash Mr g 666 zip right nothing else ?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2