[GUIDE] Disable CPU rendering

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there a flash zip for the new build prop tweaks I suck at doing stuff manually :(

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I have attached here a flashable zip file that will do the trick for you. Like bigsupersquid, I am not sure if there is any difference and Antutu is giving exactly the same 2D/3D GPU scores. Anyway, it is good to have one less library in the ROM as long as we can do without it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

BukuBacon

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
This tweak is way too good. My battery life seems to be significantly improved as a result too. This is without even applying the build.prop tweak. Great stuff, thanks. :D

Reactions: LeoLawliet

zorble

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
So, I feel like the total youngling nerd everyone goes "awwwwww he's so clueless :3" to, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do to get this working. Can someone walk me through it?
I'm running Gingersnap 1.3.
I suspect I'll need something like Rom Toolbox to mess with build props (what are those, anywho?) So as an inexperienced nooberson, I ask for assistance.
I want my phone to be buttery smooth!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, just installed via the flash method (I'm on Gingersnap 1.4). So far, it does seem to have a bit more pep, and less lag. Keyboard is much zippier. The oft-sluggish Google Play loads faster. Facebook is still a pig.

Here's what I did:

1. Used File Manager (my fave!) in root mode to check the permissions on egl.cfg. Since I reflashed this past weekend and fixed permissions as part of my usual process, the values were already correct (rw-r-r). Double check anyways.
2. Nandroid backup, natch.
3. Flashed mrg666's zip
4. Reboot normally
5. For the build.prop tweaks, there's an app for that!

App Build.prop Editor v1.0 ? xda-developers
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...han.jf.build.prop.editor&hl=en&token=jfd74_sL

The build.prop editor can also make a backup, just in case.

Entered all the values, but for dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit, I couldn't find that entry. Nor did you mention the correct value to enter. I did nothing with it.

I just added these tweaks and will play around with it, so the final verdict is still out. But so far, my phone is using far less memory and CPU power. Hopefully it stays this way. I love these little tweaks!

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, just installed via the flash method (I'm on Gingersnap 1.4). So far, it does seem to have a bit more pep, and less lag. Keyboard is much zippier. The oft-sluggish Google Play loads faster. Facebook is still a pig.

Here's what I did:

1. Used File Manager (my fave!) in root mode to check the permissions on egl.cfg. Since I reflashed this past weekend and fixed permissions as part of my usual process, the values were already correct (rw-r-r). Double check anyways.
2. Nandroid backup, natch.
3. Flashed mrg666's zip
4. Reboot normally
5. For the build.prop tweaks, there's an app for that!

App Build.prop Editor v1.0 ? xda-developers
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...han.jf.build.prop.editor&hl=en&token=J9O1fXN3

The build.prop editor can also make a backup, just in case.

Entered all the values, but for dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit, I couldn't find that entry. Nor did you mention the correct value to enter. I did nothing with it.

I just added these tweaks and will play around with it, so the final verdict is still out. But so far, my phone is using far less memory and CPU power. Hopefully it stays this way. I love these little tweaks!

I don't remember the dev who posted the build.prop tweaks mentioning anything about adding a value onto vm.heapgrowthlimit, he just left it blank. To be honest I think it's already in the build.prop anyway, it would be kinda pointless to add that one line.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember the dev who posted the build.prop tweaks mentioning anything about adding a value onto vm.heapgrowthlimit, he just left it blank. To be honest I think it's already in the build.prop anyway, it would be kinda pointless to add that one line.

It was mentioned in your first post:

Edit: try out this build.prop tweak, it speeds things up a bit more.

Open build.prop and add the following
change dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y TO
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,v=n,o=v,u=n
right below add
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
then change windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec = 300
comment out with #
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit
then save

Didn't know myself, so I just skipped it. Works fine.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
what up peeps?... be sure to check your existing build.prop and only change the value if the line already exists... if it doesnt exist, add the line at the end of the prop... leaving the heapgrowthlimit=(blank), leaves the value at default set by cm... most of the time, the value is set in build.prop at =128 (depending on device/os)... i set mine at x2 or x3 of the heapsize... i set heapsize at =32 or =48...

Last edited:
Reactions: irish-68

ricoson9

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
soo should the build prop look like this

dalvik.vm.heapsize=48
debug.sf.hw=1
#dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit#

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
soo should the build prop look like this

dalvik.vm.heapsize=48
debug.sf.hw=1
#dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit#

Leave out the # at the end of the last line and you're good, it should look like this

#dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Does the -
debug.sf.hw=1

Come right below this line-
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit?

Or does it go somewhere else- also do I need to change the timing thing to make the whole build prop edit work?
Thanks

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Does the -
debug.sf.hw=1

Come right below this line-
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit?

Or does it go somewhere else- also do I need to change the timing thing to make the whole build prop edit work?
Thanks

I used the build.prop editor. Made things easy, even though none of it was in alphabetical order.