07-25-2012 04:58 AM
197 ... 45678
tools
    I don't mean to be the ETA guy, but can I expect a decent JB flash in the next few days, or should I go ahead and put ICS on there while I wait? It's not my day to day phone anymore, now that I have the 3VO, so it doesn't necessarily have to be perfect)
    07-17-2012 02:01 AM
    I don't mean to be the ETA guy, but can I expect a decent JB flash in the next few days, or should I go ahead and put ICS on there while I wait? It's not my day to day phone anymore, now that I have the 3VO, so it doesn't necessarily have to be perfect)
    Put ics on. While the logcat looks like a simple issue, it may not be. It may be awhile before you see a jellybean rom. Most likely will be.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    tdm likes this.
    07-17-2012 02:04 AM
    Just a quick note, any developers currently working on a Jellybean ROM for our phones, please contact me before posting a release. I know I've hit up some of you, but I may have missed somebody.
    sellers86 likes this.
    07-17-2012 02:42 AM
    hephappy just showed off screen caps of his phone running jellybean, so I thought I'd give it a compile while I ponder what to do with the kernel.

Got a good build and O.M.G. it's freakin' huge. The zip is about 40% larger than ICS. It barely fits on the system partition, even without gapps.

Still don't have it working quite yet though. The first two obvious things I need to fix are:

1. This spews hundreds of times per second:

E/SchedPolicy( 1667): add_tid_to_cgroup failed; policy=1

Note this may or may not be instigated by:

E/SchedPolicy( 6883): open of /dev/cpuctl/apps/tasks failed: No such file or directory
    E/SchedPolicy( 6883): open of /dev/cpuctl/apps/bg_non_interactive/tasks failed: No such file or directory

2. system_server is failing to start.

Any devs that want to build, you'll need to find a few fixes out on the net and apply some creative hacking for the aac code to make armv6 work. Feel free to peek in ~tommy/src/cm10 on icsbox for hints.
    I'll try to see how much I can shave off the apps. I was able to save 10 MB off trebuchet back in the beginning
    tdm likes this.
    07-17-2012 06:29 AM
    hephappy just showed off screen caps of his phone running jellybean, so I thought I'd give it a compile while I ponder what to do with the kernel.

Got a good build and O.M.G. it's freakin' huge. The zip is about 40% larger than ICS. It barely fits on the system partition, even without gapps.

Still don't have it working quite yet though. The first two obvious things I need to fix are:

1. This spews hundreds of times per second:

E/SchedPolicy( 1667): add_tid_to_cgroup failed; policy=1

Note this may or may not be instigated by:

E/SchedPolicy( 6883): open of /dev/cpuctl/apps/tasks failed: No such file or directory
    E/SchedPolicy( 6883): open of /dev/cpuctl/apps/bg_non_interactive/tasks failed: No such file or directory

2. system_server is failing to start.

Any devs that want to build, you'll need to find a few fixes out on the net and apply some creative hacking for the aac code to make armv6 work. Feel free to peek in ~tommy/src/cm10 on icsbox for hints.
    What would happen if you were able to move all /system/app to external sd-ext mounted at /system/app? If that works well enough, it could be great as a sd-ext only option. I figure there's not enough room on the system anyways, even with ICS, since you can't install too many apps. Of course, you don't want to be starving for space either though.
    07-17-2012 12:49 PM
    What would happen if you were able to move all /system/app to external sd-ext mounted at /system/app? If that works well enough, it could be great as a sd-ext only option. I figure there's not enough room on the system anyways, even with ICS, since you can't install too many apps. Of course, you don't want to be starving for space either though.
    I think that it may be an issue of performance. The onboard RAM is way faster than your SD-card, and moving /system/app there could cause unbearable lag. Again, I'm no expert, so this is just a guess.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-17-2012 01:36 PM
    you guys are all awesome, keep up the good work.

JadenBrown30 likes this.
    07-17-2012 02:39 PM
    I'll try to see how much I can shave off the apps. I was able to save 10 MB off trebuchet back in the beginning
    If I remember right its only 8 MB this time around. I got it down to 89.6mb by removing the boot animation and a bunch of ringtones.

flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-17-2012 03:35 PM
    I think that it may be an issue of performance. The onboard RAM is way faster than your SD-card, and moving /system/app there could cause unbearable lag. Again, I'm no expert, so this is just a guess.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    You're probably right. Besides, if you take out your sd card, there goes your entire phone lol.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-17-2012 10:04 PM
    You're probably right. Besides, if you take out your sd card, there goes your entire phone lol.
    Ha! I didn't even consider that! Still, knowing what's been done with ICS, it's quite likely that enough can be shaved off to make it work, and if not, I'm still so stoked with a mostly functioning ICS ROM that I'm in no position to complain about not getting Jellybean. This phone has outdone itself countless times, it's still makes me smile thinking about how we all started on Froyo. We've made the jump from 2.2 to 4.0, and if we never see 4.1, I'll still be smiling!
    07-17-2012 11:51 PM
    I got in a rush and forgot my diet scripts, so it's not likely to be much bigger than ics.
    topdawg661 and joerivera17 like this.
    07-18-2012 12:03 AM
    Why not use firerat's? Custom MTD Partitions (resize Data,System and Cache )

[MOD][RECOVERY] Custom MTD Partitions (resize Data,System and Cache ) [ 2010-10-29 ] - xda-developers

its easy...especially the autopatcher
    07-18-2012 12:26 AM
    I don't know anything about these ROMs, besides how to install them, but after installing CM9 ICS on my Op V, I have like 140mb left, which is more than I had when the phone was factory new.
    07-18-2012 12:41 AM
    #JellyBean on my Samsung nexus after a couple of hrs messing round with ish I finally #Won go #TeamJellyBean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    07-18-2012 12:54 AM
    Did a sync -- for some reason the local mirror on icsbox wasn't pulling jellybean changes -- and then did a rebuild with the diet scripts in place. Result is 87mb. Compare that with ICS at 75mb. So it's still marginally larger. But I'll see how much more I can trim off.
    07-18-2012 01:09 AM
    Did a sync -- for some reason the local mirror on icsbox wasn't pulling jellybean changes -- and then did a rebuild with the diet scripts in place. Result is 87mb. Compare that with ICS at 75mb. So it's still marginally larger. But I'll see how much more I can trim off.
    Hey look I was right (somewhat) for once! Did it boot? And that should be be fine storage wise, that's about what cna is

07-18-2012 01:55 AM
    Man TDM your killing me with these JB updates but don't worry I won't ask. I still have my Dr. Pepper to calm me down:o (checks the fridge...15 left).

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    07-18-2012 03:00 AM
    Man TDM your killing me with these JB updates but don't worry I won't ask. I still have my Dr. Pepper to calm me down:o (checks the fridge...15 left).

Haha if anyone can do it its tdm. he does some amazing work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    tdm likes this.
    07-18-2012 03:29 AM
    Will it work for HTC One ?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums
    07-18-2012 03:39 AM
    tdm is boss
    JadenBrown30 and tdm like this.
    07-18-2012 03:40 AM

Why a DR. Pepper?

What you need is a Twix. ;D

Will it work for HTC One ?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums
    No.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2
    07-18-2012 04:35 AM

What Android version is that?

07-18-2012 05:06 AM
    What Android version is that?

07-18-2012 09:22 AM
    I got in a rush and forgot my diet scripts, so it's not likely to be much bigger than ics.
    That's great! Also, I'm just curious what gets shaved off the ROM. Maybe I want some of the shaved off stuff? I'd love to be able to look through a list of removed stuff.
    07-18-2012 02:34 PM
    Found another 5mb hiding in LatinIME. Down to about 82mb.

Still won't start up though.
    07-18-2012 11:11 PM
197 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD