3g issues?

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been having a drop in 3g coverage a lot recently. I have tried 2 ROMS with no change so I wondered if it is a Virgin Mobile issue?

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow I haven't had 3g in 2 days now and I'm not over the limit by FAR. Weird how its happening to me now

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

lattimorej1986

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
My 3g coverage has been esp. horrible this past week. At work, where I normally get a full signal, (4 bars) I have been lucky to get 1x. Thank goodness for my wifi at home, because my signal there is basically non existent. It wasnt great before by any means, but atleast it was consistent.

Just curious, what part of the country do you guys live in? Maybe they are doing maintenance on towers in our areas?

Im sorry, no answers here guys. Im just as confused as the rest of you. Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light here soon.

Sent from my MiRaGe'D Optimus V

s13-d

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the verge of leaving Virgin myself because of the pathetic "3G" speeds. If I have anything but a full 5-bar connection, my cell data speeds are atrocious - along the lines of 100kbps or less. I'm certain I got better speeds when I was a Sprint customer roaming on Verizon towers at 1X.

Probably gonna end up getting a used HTC Inspire 4G and going with Straight Talk... even though at $45 it'll nearly double my monthly cell bill, I will get unlimited minutes in addition to text/data and as much as I hate AT&T, their coverage and data speeds in my area are infinitely better than Sprint.

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem when I first got my V. I called vm and after almost 2 weeks it got fixed and I got a free month for the trouble. I hate vm sooooo much but whaddayado

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
So the only way to get this fixed is to play phone tag with VM and ask them to check my provisioning?

Just got bit by this yesterday and still suffering with edge connectivity this morning. Considering I just canceled my DSL and am waiting on cable I'm really feeling the pain!

Never mind, fixed issues via battery pull and cooling off period. Posting for future reference to others.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had 3g in over a week I messaged them and they said they're getting it fixed. ^_^

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss