[ROM]GingerSnap 2.3.8 10/25/12| 2.2 Rebuilt to 2.3

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM]-GingerSnap 1.3.5|7-23-12|Stock LG UI! Small Update!

Downloaded and looking forward to flashing this later. Currently running GTR, but it seems a bit sluggish and bogged down. Startup is pretty slow. Might have gotten corrupted due to various tweaking (and a problem I had trying to get Kick-ass Kernalizer and the 3G tweak to cooperate). This one looks like a worthy sequel.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Also, can you confirm any Superuser problems? I'm having problema as if I'm semi-rooted.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Root access is good. But I updated The Rom!
425700d5-99dd-1b8f.jpg

bkttk2

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Also, can you confirm any Superuser problems? I'm having problema as if I'm semi-rooted.

Noticed other have replied, but I have been having this issue since my first install of GingerSnap when you originally posted. Has not caused any major problems but have had the semi-rooted issue. thought it was just my set-up. I have reinstalled, both original and newest release, as well as used both Superuser and SuperSU. Same problems. Currently using latest release and SuperSU. This is my current daily unless or until a GTR update comes out.

Hope this info helps some.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Had to check and see which build i was on im on the inital release build and ive hadnt had any issues cant wait for the fixed update TGL take your time dont rush

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Badboytoast

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Sexiest rom I've ever had the pleasure of flashing on my device xDDDD

Just flashed it on a friend's device a couple of days ago and she's pretty damn happy with it, she loves it more than ICS and said she'll never switch to another rom. Great job porting it thanks :D

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

Just flashed. So far, appears to be a pretty decent ROM.

However, it seems to be acting funny with my Link2SD apps. It detects most of them, but there's some that I can't access. Try to reinstall via Titanium but no go. Anyone else have this problem? How do I work this out?

BTW, I'm not talking about the app drawer, which I found out shows only certain apps by default (changed the settings to show all). The apps I'm trying to get access to are inaccessible.

Ksjuggalo

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I use dt's a2sd with it. Works fine.

I have been using this rom and treating it as any other cm7 rom. Think ive had a few issues with theming but since its not standard cm7 i expect that.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Any possibility the update will be a flashable zip? I hate to have to redownload the whole ROM again.

You don't have to flash it. It just fixes the binary update script. Just fixes the missing essential apps. :)

Ill post a flashable Super Such zip. Hopefully it'll fix superuser problems. :D

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to flash it. It just fixes the binary update script. Just fixes the missing essential apps. :)

Ill post a flashable Super Such zip. Hopefully it'll fix superuser problems. :D

Wouldn't I want essential apps? I d/l'd the 7/23 build and haven't flashed it yet cause of the "smal update" coming and I didn't want tp d/l the whole thing again just to be able to get the update. My phone is my only internet and 3g is my only connection so it's a pain to d/l big files like ROMs. That's why I am hoping the update could be a smaller flashable zip file.

Thanks for your hard work.

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

nichobrooks

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

Could we get the md5 for the files please, I downloaded 1.3.5 and when trying to flash the verification failed on Electra.ogg... maybe I have a bad download.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

turn signature verification off... install zip from sdcard>toggle signature verification
and try again...

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Wouldn't I want essential apps? I d/l'd the 7/23 build and haven't flashed it yet cause of the "smal update" coming and I didn't want tp d/l the whole thing again just to be able to get the update. My phone is my only internet and 3g is my only connection so it's a pain to d/l big files like ROMs. That's why I am hoping the update could be a smaller flashable zip file.

Thanks for your hard work.
I understand. You can flash the 7-23 build, and follow this:

1. Download Solid Explorer
2. Open it up and navigate to the rom
3. Go to Data/app/(Here will be 5 apks)
4. Install them manually.

There goes the ' Small Update ' for you. ;D

Oh btw, can I flash this on my optimus v?

Sorry. I DON'T sign my roms. I find it kinda useless since this phone is unbrickable. :p

Reactions: dbacon84

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
REAL SMALL UPDATE COMING!

I messed up the update script. Maybe. It didn't work for me, but these are supposed to be included. Can anyone confirm?

Click to view quoted image

UPDATE: no need to add the small update it's already included sorry i.was looking in the wrong place system/apps :D
4257000c-7c27-c72b.jpg

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Maybe I had a bad flash. It didn't go through for me. Now I have to fix the small Superuser problem.

Do you have any saying in this BadBoyToast? :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar