[ROM]GingerSnap 2.3.8 10/25/12| 2.2 Rebuilt to 2.3

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM]-GingerSnap 1.3.5|7-23-12|Stock LG UI! Small Update!

Figured out the missing apps issue (relinked the dalvik cache to the SDEXT partition). However, there do seem to be a few small bugs.

- "changefont" command doesn't work
- Additional settings, such as LCD density and equalizer, cause settings to force close.

Aside from that, I really like this ROM. Very smooth, lightweight and easy on battery usage. I'm starting to get this thing up and running.

Last edited:

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
- "changefont" command doesn't work
- Additional settings, such as LCD density and equalizer, cause settings to force close.

Aside from that, I really like this ROM. Very smooth, lightweight and easy on battery usage. I'm starting to get this thing up and running.
That odd I've used all of these except for the front command. And i haven't got a signal FC :D you might want to do a clean flash to get this things running with out a FC just incase some odd data was left over :D just a friendly suggestion
42570794-f483-d3d4.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nichobrooks

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I understand. You can flash the 7-23 build, and follow this:

1. Download Solid Explorer
2. Open it up and navigate to the rom
3. Go to Data/app/(Here will be 5 apks)
4. Install them manually.

There goes the ' Small Update ' for you. ;D

Sorry. I DON'T sign my roms. I find it kinda useless since this phone is unbrickable. :p

Thanks for that answer, but what about the optimus v question? Can I run this Tom on my OV? Please say yes! This rom looks awesome!
Thanks

bkttk2

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that answer, but what about the optimus v question? Can I run this Tom on my OV? Please say yes! This rom looks awesome!
Thanks

Use the links in OP provided by TGL. TGL ported this rom for the OV. So flash and enjoy!:)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe.... Did you upgrade from the old build? I checked the update scripts and their definitely missing/Messed up. I'm gonna fix that in an hour or so. :)

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

Yes you flash it on the ov just go to the 1st page and scroll down about half and download gingersnap v1.3.5 also download gapps..which is right under the Rom

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm working on the Xperia theme now. I'll post one that's 50% working. You'll get the lockscreen buttons, and some of the LG look will disappear until I know exactly what files to replace.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm working on the Xperia theme now. I'll post one that's 50% working. You'll get the lockscreen buttons, and some of the LG look will disappear until I know exactly what files to replace.

@TGL great work bruh just got a ? I'm a lil lost is the 1.3.5 v the lastest updated version thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

skurtov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

My superuser is broken, keeps telling me I have no root rights. Anyone else having this issue

bkttk2

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
My superuser is broken, keeps telling me I have no root rights. Anyone else having this issue

A new thread has been started regarding this. It seems to be showing up randomly. Might check the thread to see if a fix gets posted.

Here is the link
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=194299

Sent from my LG-VM670

Reactions: skurtov

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

That odd I've used all of these except for the front command. And i haven't got a signal FC :D you might want to do a clean flash to get this things running with out a FC just incase some odd data was left over :D just a friendly suggestionClick to view quoted image

It was a clean install. Still get the FCs. Also get the "Process" FC (as I did with GTR). Doesn't make much of a difference, but just kind of annoying. Permission fix didn't solve those issues.

Other than that, did a little extra tweaking. Used the moderate setting on Auto Memory Optimizer, which seemed to stabilize things.

Reactions: Badboytoast

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
If you try to update, you'll lose it again. Idk why.

I'm not home at the moment. On a family Reunion meet up, but I am looking for things to put into this rom to make it better! Wont be touching a computer till Monday. You can expect a slight update then. :)

Check this.:
4257009a-a1c0-8a00.jpg

^160DPI^

4257009a-a1d5-479e.jpg

^140DPI^

It seemed to have a slight affect, but its the official LG UI Launcher! I sent it to someone on XDA hoping he could resize it. :)

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

This is the best rom by far I have ever used and that is saying alot. All other roms I have used including the stock rom which is the worst, IHO which is ok but not great, as well as Quattrimus and bobz. Quattrimus worked fine until I tried to do things like call and install apps then it just kept restarting it only stayed fine when I wasn't touching the phone. The bobz rom I didn't give much of a chance the usb wasn't wanting to work at all. All it did was usb charge and not detect the storage when I mounted it. But this rom is the one I am going to stick with for awhile especially if things that everyone likes gets put in it that is on ICS like the time and date on the pull down menu and maybe more things in the lock menu like phone and picture added to the circle. Other than that this rom is awesome it hasn't given me a single issue when I find the issues I have ran into that I don't really use anyway I will be sure to post them. And about the beats audio I didn't see it anywhere in the system. In the screen shots I could of swore I seen a beats audio icon somewhere. Also the t9 doesn't seem to want to work for me I flashed it and it isn't letting me activate it, it just seems to stay un selected no matter how many times I click it. Anyways keep up the good work I will be looking forward to the progress of this rom.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey the new MiRaGe update is up and it's got some pretty impressive stuff added, could that possibly be merged in the next update? :D

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Badboytoast

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech