[ROM]GingerSnap 2.3.8 10/25/12| 2.2 Rebuilt to 2.3

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM]GingerSnap 2.3.5 Oct 20,12 | LG EXP3RIANCE!

Good news.

2.2 can be remade. I just have to fix RiL problems.

2.2 Remade - 2.3 apps and fixes, along with cosmetics. It has 2.2 Battery life as well ;)

I just have to fix 3g/1x problems.

3G/1x takes awhile to connect and sometimes isn't reliable. Lets see if my mojo works ;)

Q. Do you guys want a flashable zip for Weather? Or keep it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Update was posted last night, but I forgot to post it! :p

Here goes the lockscreen:uploadfromtaptalk1351160964200.jpg

The Changelog is also in OP. I recommend letting the phone sit for a couple of minutes. I ran into 2-3 Force close that disappeared on a reflash.

* Superuser

* Setup Wizard

* Again Superuser

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Update was posted last night, but I forgot to post it! :p

Here goes the lockscreen:View attachment 42972

The Changelog is also in OP. I recommend letting the phone sit for a couple of minutes. I ran into 2-3 Force close that disappeared on a reflash.

* Superuser

* Setup Wizard

* Again Superuser

What about the Phone FC for MIUI? Did that fix work?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
2.2 Final works great for me but all the versions after that have continuous FCs of LGHome and android system. That's after wiping and reflashing 3 times.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
What about the Phone FC for MIUI? Did that fix work?
I'll attempt that today. You reminded me :p.

I read that I have to replace some ril files in .jar of framework.

2.2 Final works great for me but all the versions after that have continuous FCs of LGHome and android system. That's after wiping and reflashing 3 times.

Thats new. What did you do?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use TWRP 2.2.2.1 and I did a factory reset in recovery then wiped system and dalvik. As TWRP puts it I "Installed" the new 10-25 release with the Test 5 GAPPS. MD5s all checked out so I had good downloads. After it booted up the first time I skipped the google setup then added my account from the setting menu. At any time if I tapped the pre-installed widget "favorite contacts" LGHome FCs.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Flashed 238 this morning then flashed d2sd and gapps
I got 3 fc's at startup and it has been running smooth all day :D
I too am using twrp but I also formated SD ext before flashing
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I use TWRP 2.2.2.1 and I did a factory reset in recovery then wiped system and dalvik. As TWRP puts it I "Installed" the new 10-25 release with the Test 5 GAPPS. MD5s all checked out so I had good downloads. After it booted up the first time I skipped the google setup then added my account from the setting menu. At any time if I tapped the pre-installed widget "favorite contacts" LGHome FCs.
Does it happen when you do it, or before? Also, its a ported widget, I don't use it.
Flashed 238 this morning then flashed d2sd and gapps
I got 3 fc's at startup and it has been running smooth all day :D
I too am using twrp but I also formated SD ext before flashing

I don't really know if its battery got better, but its up to you guys. I also read LGhome is a battery draining app too. Maybe someone can delete it and try something simple like Zeam Launcher?

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't use the favorites
I stopped LG home and run xperia launcher battery seems ok but I've been on my phone all day listening to radio and watching videos and fb

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Music + 3G s my battery REALLY quick. Downloading 2 rooms, died really slow. Made no sense. Lol.

Mirage gave me some good hanging in battery till I went into Idle.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It happens at any time before which is expected since the contact list has not been updated yet but also after even after a reboot and waiting 20 mins on wifi to make sure it updated.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
OHHH! OK! I gotcha. Here's what Neko said about 2.3

ISSUES:
If you dont like the LG MDPI launcher, download the old LG launcher from 2.2, link below, flash through recovery

LG launcher does have issue on category and list style, use paginated layout works flawlessly.
FC when tapping add favorites on Favorite contacts widgets, TO add fav contacts go to Contacts list and select fav contacts, it will show on the widget.
FC when selecting more > sound effects on Music player, shortcut not working even on black bird ROM
FC when pressing comment box on 4x3 lg music widget, it doesn't work yet, not needed at all fb twitter and myspace works
FC when toggling brightness control on power control widget, wifi Bluetooth sync gps works

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
2.3.8 with xperia launcher and heavy use and was not a full charge, see what happens tomorrow :D
Yikes!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351209868382.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351209868382.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 113