[ROM]GingerSnap 2.3.8 10/25/12| 2.2 Rebuilt to 2.3

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried 2.2 with EarthnFire78's kernel? Thinking of going back to 2.2, but I really like the new kernel.

I am running it now
To get the internal increased i had to flash cronmod d2ext
Seems to be working well

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351863006248.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351863006248.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351863016369.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351863016369.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 120

udderjuice

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Pretty awesome ROM! Just switched over from GTR and loving it. But can anyone tell me how to get an EXT partition to work on here? I've used other roms that have support automatically built in so I am not sure how to get it to work here. I tried Link 2 SD but that did not seem to work, it still installed apps to my internal. I am going to re-partition my 32gb card with a EXT4 4gb partition and see if that works. But if anyone has a working method please let me know :D

BTW using 2.2

Not sure about that (I am a new user of this ROM myself and still poking around) but if you look at the applications section of the settings menu it looks like you can move any app to the SD card directly from there without super manager or some other super user app. Not exactly what you are looking for but I thought it was pretty cool!

Actually if you go to settings, scroll down to CyanogenMod settings and the go to Application you can select the sd card as the location for apps to be installed!

Last edited:

udderjuice

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
By the way much thanks to adamhos who helped me complete the flashing of this ROM. He pointed me to Team Win's TWRP which is WAAAAAAAY better than Clockwork Recovery. I am now running GingerSnap with Xperia Launcher and an ICS theme/icon pack. My phone has been lightened from bloatware and garbage apps I never use. I went from having 18MB of internal memory with constant low memory warning even though all my apps had been forced to my sd card to having all my apps installed on the phone with 60MB left over and more room on my sd for cached music. This absolutely rocks and is why Apple sucks Android's nuts.

screenshot-1351873724534.png

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
2.3 is very nice
2.2 is very nice
Some people had better battery and less fc with 2.2 so tgl ?spliced? them and made 2.3.8 i believe
2.2 has the mirage kernel while the newer builds have om kernel
From my experience mirage kernel has the best battery
But flash thrm all and try for yourself, they are all superb
Personally ive had the best performance with 2.2

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about that (I am a new user of this ROM myself and still poking around) but if you look at the applications section of the settings menu it looks like you can move any app to the SD card directly from there without super manager or some other super user app. Not exactly what you are looking for but I thought it was pretty cool!

Actually if you go to settings, scroll down to CyanogenMod settings and the go to Application you can select the sd card as the location for apps to be installed!

Well that move to SD is the native android function, helps but only goes so far. I actually got a EXT partition to work perfectly if anyone is interested! I simply flashed cronmod a2sd++ script from [Script][Share]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT - xda-developers and it moved all my apps to my EXT4 partition! I've now installed about 20 apps and still have 176mb free of 179mb total internal :D. Also I am using the OM kernel on 2.2, not sure if that matters.

Just want to say again how amazing this rom is! Buttery smooth, great battery life, no bugs or freezes yet, and not to mention it's pretty damn pretty looking. And now I can install as many apps as I want without worrying about running out of internal space-Loving it!

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Get a nexus 4! I want you to port ROMS for us! Or if you could teach me how for this phone maybe so I could be the tgl of the nexus 4.:3

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I posted a guide on here, don't know if it will work on other phones. I'm learning still about porting roms to this phone, One V.

Hey man, can you help me with trying to get an Xbox 360 boot animation and sound for the optimus v

Awesome idea

I suggest Googling to see if anything comes up, or go to XDA and go to the Android theme section. :)

Also DHoT is awesome with this kinda stuff. ;)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

pyshtr

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM]-GinerSnap 1.3|7-15-12|Stock LG UI!

I am on gingersnap 2.3 and whenever I try and set the volume in the sound settings, I get a force close. Very annoying. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Also when I tap on Xperia Home Settings I get a force close!
Nevermind. I just reflashed the ROM and it all works again:)

Last edited:

jxc011

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Running 2.3 its awesome what a ui. Have yet to fully test battery, but so far so good. Thanks for this rom :D

Edit: When I record a video there isn't any audio :( anyone else experiencing that ?

Edit: wiped and reflashed and that fixed audio for video record :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol