Twitter sent me an email this morning, informing me of this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....bean_keyboard

It's supposed to be the Jellybean keyboard, ported for ICS 4.03 or greater. I haven't tried it yet, but apparently it has prediction like Swiftkey (which is my keyboard of choice). Stoked.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    notown likes this.
    07-17-2012 08:28 AM
    Prediction doesn't seem to work that well for me, at least not like Swift key. I'd be interested to see how it works for others.

07-17-2012 10:04 AM
    Doesn't the keyboard look like ICS' anyway? So just stick with Swift Key- looks the same anyway.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-17-2012 11:38 AM
    Well, yeah, of course, I'm gonna stick with Swiftkey. But for others who want a free alternative, this may be it.

07-17-2012 11:59 AM
    Well, yeah, of course, I'm gonna stick with Swiftkey. But for others who want a free alternative, this may be it.

Eh, true. Well you get what you pay for, I suppose!
    07-17-2012 02:13 PM
    True story: apparently, I didn't have the keyboard enabled correctly/fully. I had selected it in Settings/Languages and Input. After that, I noticed an ellipsis (...) on the spacebar. Upon pressing this, I was presented with the option of selecting the input method. When I selected Jellybean keyboard, the keyboard disappeared. It didn't come back, even after making sure that the text box had focus. Nor did it appear in any other app.

I didn't try a reboot, but I'd be interested to see how it works out for others. If I get the whim to try it out again, I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

07-18-2012 01:25 AM
    This isn't working for me either. I enabled and everything but it just disappeared. Oh well lol

07-18-2012 02:18 PM
    It's good, it's just that the keys are too small for comfortable, fast typing. If you have SwiftKey, I'd recommend sticking with that.
    07-19-2012 01:39 AM

Smart Keyboard is a good alternative as well, as long as you don't mind the occasional "nag screen"

07-19-2012 01:49 AM
    It's good, it's just that the keys are too small for comfortable, fast typing. If you have SwiftKey, I'd recommend sticking with that.
    +1 to that!!! I love SwiftKey 3 I've had it since it was renamed to SwiftKey X and I'm sticking with it. I'm lightning fast with this keyboard. XD the phone can't keep up xD.

Sent from my A.C.R. Zombified Quattrimized AOKP OV.
    07-19-2012 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD