[Solved] Phone's mic mutes when headphones are plugged in

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum (and ROMs in general). With the stock ROM and the official 2.2.2 update I would frequently make calls with my earbuds in using the phone's microphone. I found it very convenient. I have recently started trying out several custom ROMs, and this no longer works.

I have an LG VM670 currently running GingerSnap 1.3. I have had this issue with all of the ROMs I have tried, including Harmonia 2.08, BobZhome cm 7.2 and cm 9.0.0, BACKside IHO cm7.2, and quattrimus cm9.

I've googled around quite a bit on this and couldn't find a good answer. I find it odd that it would work in the stock ROM and be broken in so many different ROMs. I noticed in the changelog for one of the BobZhome ROMS that the headset/microphone bug was addressed. Am I doing something wrong? Are there other ROMs for the VM670 that I could try that aren't based on Cyanogenmod? Do I need a new kernel? Also have I posted this in the correct place?

Thanks,

Nick

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone's mic mutes when headphones are plugged in

Moved to Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks subforum.

As far as I know, this is a bug that has stuck with all of our CM7 ROMs, and there are no non-CM7 based Gingerbread ROMs for our phone. The only thing I can suggest is trying a Froyo ROM like Harmonia 1 if this is really that important to you, or you don't mind stepping back from Gingerbread,

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone's mic mutes when headphones are plugged in

Moved to Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks subforum.

As far as I know, this is a bug that has stuck with all of our CM7 ROMs, and there are no non-CM7 based Gingerbread ROMs for our phone. The only thing I can suggest is trying a Froyo ROM like Harmonia 1 if this is really that important to you, or you don't mind stepping back from Gingerbread,

actually, we have an aosp gingerbread rom. but there are a couple bugs that make it unusable for most people. and the headset bug has been address, it works fine for me on my build and any build i use except ics (havent tried it on ics). not sure why you are having problems with it.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, maybe I'll give that a shot, though I would prefer a stable ROM. Does anyone know how this "bug" made it all the way to cm9? It seems like it's the case with a few other phones as well.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, maybe I'll give that a shot, though I would prefer a stable ROM. Does anyone know how this "bug" made it all the way to cm9? It seems like it's the case with a few other phones as well.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Its not as much of a priority as getting it working. Lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

DaveM6

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
actually, we have an aosp gingerbread rom. but there are a couple bugs that make it unusable for most people. and the headset bug has been address, it works fine for me on my build and any build i use except ics (havent tried it on ics). not sure why you are having problems with it.

Where can I download the aosp gb rom?